The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Habs 5pm Jan 13

It’s ok. We still won’t respond until under 5 minutes left. 

It’s one of those games where a lot doesn’t go right and the team looks out of synch, things aren’t really mashing. 

Price deserved the shutout more because the Flames didn’t deserve to score any goals because even the pushback in the 3rd didn’t seem very good. Everyone seemed like a step behind and like they just woke up from one of those groggy naps. 

I don’t know if you can say this is the norm, but what has gone on most of the season seems to point that way. 

regroup and hope they come to skate in the next one.

The talk by Loubardias today was that they had a ton of growth. I kind of wish they didn’t blow the smoke up the butts after last game. They made it sound like they solved the season. 

16 minutes ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Price in the zone we need a dirty one right now its all us get one and they will fall

he played well but I just don’t feel like the a Flames really deserved a goal by their play. 
too bad, but let’s see how they skate next one I guess!

Efforts like this happen throughout the season and especially under the circumstances of the last few weeks. 

at the same time as much as you just want to move on, this happens too often with this group. Better he hungry against the Leafs

they are finding their identity: consistently inconsistent. 

So I have  theory.

What does this and any game that Matty does something that gets social media all riled up have in common.

The constant qustions about the hit, being a man, standing up....

It's all horseSatoshi Nakamoto cleverly orchestrated by several media outlets and certain mouthpieces.

We beat the mighty Oilers.

Twice.

But somehow, we didn;t deserve to overshadow McDavid's goal of the year.

Get the team off their game by talking about a minor event.

They didn't win because of no fighting.

The Oilers didn;t lose because of a PP goial.

Sound familiar?

Every game built up by the media is subdued.

Refa take it over.

The coaches ask for a bit less drama. 

44 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

So I have  theory.

What does this and any game that Matty does something that gets social media all riled up have in common.

The constant qustions about the hit, being a man, standing up....

It's all horseSatoshi Nakamoto cleverly orchestrated by several media outlets and certain mouthpieces.

I've found today prior to the suspension coming down, Sportsnet was littered with Spector and other Oiler favoured content regarding this, its so stupid for an event 2 days old that only resulted in hurt feelings to dominate news so much.  Go over to TSN and the main story is the Astros saga, which in the grand scheme of today's sports news is the real major story.  I've also heard rumblings that the Flames and Oilers rights are up with Sportsnet after this season and they are only gonna renew with one team and I think we all know what team that will be.