Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Carty

Flames @ Sens 2pm Jan 18

Recommended Posts

I'm not  getting the use of Backlund at all.

He's not a RW.

We don;t have good depth on the RW, but he's out of place for sure.

 

I don;t know if this is a typical game or what, but the lines are not looking dangerous these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the way the team plays this one is different if Talbot plays? Tough to say considering this play is more the norm than anything else.

 

it seems they’re up for about a quarter of the games this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ABC923 said:

Both Gio and Brodie miss-played that rush.  Frustrating.

 

Gio needs to go back to D school.

He's hurting more than he is helping this year it seems.

Maybe I am just frustrated, but I hate seeing him playing this way after sich a great year last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m becoming very unimpressed with Ward too. Why start Rittich? Why are Gaudreau/Monahan/Backlund still a thing? Why is there no accountability in ice time? Why is Lucic on your PP?

 

just a lot happening that is getting pretty indefensible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cross16 said:

I’m becoming very unimpressed with Ward too. Why start Rittich? Why are Gaudreau/Monahan/Backlund still a thing? Why is there no accountability in ice time? Why is Lucic on your PP?

 

just a lot happening that is getting pretty indefensible. 

 

I'm thinking more and more about Gallant.

Accountability seemed to be his strong point.

He also seems to have no idea of how to start goalies.

He's been lucky that both have played well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cross16 said:

I’m becoming very unimpressed with Ward too. Why start Rittich? Why are Gaudreau/Monahan/Backlund still a thing? Why is there no accountability in ice time? Why is Lucic on your PP?

 

just a lot happening that is getting pretty indefensible. 


plus more time than not there seems to be 2 guys on one regardless of who has the puck or where they are. Tells me most teams know what the Flames are doing and it’s not just this game. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:


plus more time than not there seems to be 2 guys on one regardless of who has the puck or where they are. Tells me most teams know what the Flames are doing and it’s not just this game. 
 

 


book is defiantly to pressure the flames on the breakout and once they do their is no plan b. Neither Peters nor Ward has found a fix to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ABC923 said:

Looking more and more like we're heading for a SHUTOUT.

 

Just now, ABC923 said:

Looking more and more like we're heading for a SHUTOUT.

 

Just now, ABC923 said:

Looking more and more like we're heading for a SHUTOUT.

 

We lead the NHL in shutouts.

Or are we tied for shutouts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I'm not  getting the use of Backlund at all.

He's not a RW.

We don;t have good depth on the RW, but he's out of place for sure.

 

I don;t know if this is a typical game or what, but the lines are not looking dangerous these days.

I think it is time to sit Backlund for a bit. AND get rid of Ward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like them to start seriously talking about trading Hamonic and Bennett.

Neither is doing us much good.

Janko gone is obvious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I would like them to start seriously talking about trading Hamonic and Bennett.

Neither is doing us much good.

Janko gone is obvious.

 


 

bennett looks alright but a lot doesn’t get much help when he has the puck. I don’t know if it is him skating with it or no one skating with him... 

 

Jankowski with a goal. Good to get the monkey off but seems for not, only to kill the shutout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the first two periods, and while the third has been frustrating to watch, we still look like the better team at least.  We should be rolling the Sens, but at least we aren't being outplayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robrob74 said:


 

bennett looks alright but a lot doesn’t get much help when he has the puck. I don’t know if it is him skating with it or no one skating with him... 

 

Jankowski with a goal. Good to get the monkey off but seems for not, only to kill the shutout.

 

I'm not so sure about Bennett.

Maybehe has strong play, but I just don;t see any impact even when he does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...