Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Carty

Flames @ Sens 2pm Jan 18

Recommended Posts

Well, seems like the hardest part of next year's expansion draft might be figuring out if we have 7 forwards worth protecting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players have a lot of soul searching to do during the break and figure out what they want out of this season.

 

coaches have a lot of work to figure out some new breakouts, line combos and how to get this team to play with some consistency.
(Although in a perfect world the Flames would reach out to Gallant and bring him in over the break)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I don’t think you blame Rittich. The team in front of him is crap again. 
 

i was actually a bit surprised they started well, which makes this even more frustrating. Their focus is clearly more on their up coming vacations then the 2 points. Which is completely garbage considering you had the same thing happen in Montreal. 
 

pretty much done with this core. Don’t think this core can win anything. There’s no culture, no work ethic and no accountability. 

Been feeling that way for a while. The panic definitely outweighs the passion. Rittich beat Toronto, not the Flames. The Flames got shellacked.

MTL, TML, OTT. The lack of abilities on the team are tipping my balance to make us sellers.

The roster needs a shakeup or 3. Just put Lindholm back where you found him for now, 1st RW, and realize shuffling weaknesses around hasn't been working much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh this team. Well, I’ll tell you one thing - they’re consistent! 👎🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well crap..  but maybe this is a good thing ..

Our standard MO is to roll into the ASB on a high .. then get complacent and stumble 

 

maybe staggering into it will give them the break to stew and get angry and come out rolling instead 

 

maybe show them a snapshot of BT's face late in the game .. that would certainly scare me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was a Blockchaining joke of a game. Trevling needs to remove some crap from this roster. JG, Mony, Brodie, Backs, all no show tonight. If Brodie is not removed from this roster there is something wrong. Can some one please tell me where the hell JG has gone, is he pouting cause Chucky got more money? He is 100% invisible the last 6 games and been average the rest of the time.  Gio tonight just about made me puke it stunk that bad. There best be a boat load of changes coming soon. This roser is no where near competitive enough to go any where. You just lost 4 points to inferior clubs IN MTL, and Ottawa.... Really you just got Satoshi Nakamoto kicked by the worst team in the league, EMBARRASSING. Hey Brad, its time to rock this Satoshi Nakamoto to the core, because your core just doesn't care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Well that was a Blockchaining joke of a game. Trevling needs to remove some crap from this roster. JG, Mony, Brodie, Backs, all no show tonight. If Brodie is not removed from this roster there is something wrong. Can some one please tell me where the hell JG has gone, is he pouting cause Chucky got more money? He is 100% invisible the last 6 games and been average the rest of the time.  Gio tonight just about made me puke it stunk that bad. There best be a boat load of changes coming soon. This roser is no where near competitive enough to go any where. You just lost 4 points to inferior clubs IN MTL, and Ottawa.... Really you just got Satoshi Nakamoto kicked by the worst team in the league, EMBARRASSING. Hey Brad, its time to rock this Satoshi Nakamoto to the core, because your core just doesn't care. 


 

johnny made one rush today that was kind of a bit more than just skating, or was it the little dipsy behind the net. But yup, maybe we need to revoke the Johnny Hockey as there’s no hockey in his game right now. He’s really dropped down to your everyday John (Gaudreau).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, robrob74 said:


 

johnny made one rush today that was kind of a bit more than just skating, or was it the little dipsy behind the net. But yup, maybe we need to revoke the Johnny Hockey as there’s no hockey in his game right now. 

its not often I 100% back Francis , but i have to agree.. if we dont get past 1st round this year . and johnny isnt a force that drives it .. i seriously dont see him back. even in a down season his trade value is high 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, phoenix66 said:

its not often I 100% back Francis , but i have to agree.. if we dont get past 1st round this year . and johnny isnt a force that drives it .. i seriously dont see him back. even in a down season his trade value is high 


 

I would definitely think about it. I was worried that he was the only driving force on the team and it would kill the offence if we did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robrob74 said:


 

I would definitely think about it. I was worried that he was the only driving force on the team and it would kill the offence if we did.

i know i beat this dead horse a lot , but i dont think the Hall story is over.. if that happens, hes as good as gone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

i know i beat this dead horse a lot , but i dont think the Hall story is over.. if that happens, hes as good as gone 


 

what if Hall signs on the idea that Gaudreau gives us a good chance to win. I get we have Tkachuk, Lindholm, Monahan... but for some reason I just don’t feel like it is enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, robrob74 said:


 

what if Hall signs on the idea that Gaudreau gives us a good chance to win. I get we have Tkachuk, Lindholm, Monahan... but for some reason I just don’t feel like it is enough. 

 

Other than last season and a bit of this one, JH hasn't exactly had much help.

It's easy to focus on one player who was driving the offense and is struggling.

Where's the elite shot from Monahan to finish?

Where's Gio's shot gone and for that matter, where his IQ gone?

 

I do think that you could play JH on RW and Hall on LW.

That would be a really good pair.

 

We have to face the hard truth.

Lucic is not a 3rd line or PP player right now.

He's doing okay, but most of that is on the guys that play with him.

 

I don;t get Backlund's use anymore.

He's not a RW.

He's having a down season.

By rights, he should be #3C, who cares if Lucic is better with a RHS C.

Bring up Gawdin to play RHS C on the 4th line with Lucic.

Play Backlund with two defensive players and call it a win if they don;t get scored on.

Reider and Dube maybe.

Whatever.

 

Ward has been as lucky as the Flames have in getting wins.

His lineups have not improved the play.

They are winning on the backs of good goaltending and timely scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goaltending was not to blame in this one.

We outshot them badly but outside the first 20-30 mins. It wasn't exactly total dominance.

High danger chances tell a story as they were much closer than the shot count and the Sens converted.

Disappointing L. Hopefully they'll come back on the 28th refreshed and focused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sarasti said:

Goaltending was not to blame in this one.

We outshot them badly but outside the first 20-30 mins. It wasn't exactly total dominance.

High danger chances tell a story as they were much closer than the shot count and the Sens converted.

Disappointing L. Hopefully they'll come back on the 28th refreshed and focused.


 

I would say that it was an evenly played game, and the Flames may have had the puck a bit more but it isn’t indicative of the play. Plus we will probably look back on this one and say wow, their goalie stole this one simply because the shots say that is what happened, but the Flames shot total does not match the game the Flames played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a problem as I got blocked after trying to make a post here in the GDT thread yesterday, so I am on a 5th different kind of browser...   So this is just a test post as Peeps is trying to help me resolve this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, robrob74 said:


 

I would say that it was an evenly played game, and the Flames may have had the puck a bit more but it isn’t indicative of the play. Plus we will probably look back on this one and say wow, their goalie stole this one simply because the shots say that is what happened, but the Flames shot total does not match the game the Flames played.

 

The goals scored on Rittich were not good ones.

Two were uncovered saves.

Not the first time that Rittich has lost the puck.

One was a deflecton which was dumb luck.

It wasn;t even classified as a shot.

 

Here's how a OTT blogger escribed the game:

 

Despite a valiant effort to get there, the Ottawa Senators failed to extend their losing streak to 10 games thanks to a 5-2 victory over the Calgary Flames on Saturday afternoon. They were vastly outplayed and outmatched in each of the game’s three periods, but were also the beneficiaries of stellar goaltending from Marcus Hogberg on their end and… less than stellar goaltending at the other end of the ice. It wasn’t pretty, but the win counts just the same.

 

Our PP was bad for more than 50% of it.

About as stuck in mud as you could witness.

But the lines were more of the issue.

4 good players on 2 lines.

The rest of the forwards added almost nothing.

 

No, goaltending did not lose this game.

It didn't give us a chance to win it either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

 

The goals scored on Rittich were not good ones.

Two were uncovered saves.

Not the first time that Rittich has lost the puck.

One was a deflecton which was dumb luck.

It wasn;t even classified as a shot.

 

Here's how a OTT blogger escribed the game:

 

Despite a valiant effort to get there, the Ottawa Senators failed to extend their losing streak to 10 games thanks to a 5-2 victory over the Calgary Flames on Saturday afternoon. They were vastly outplayed and outmatched in each of the game’s three periods, but were also the beneficiaries of stellar goaltending from Marcus Hogberg on their end and… less than stellar goaltending at the other end of the ice. It wasn’t pretty, but the win counts just the same.

 

Our PP was bad for more than 50% of it.

About as stuck in mud as you could witness.

But the lines were more of the issue.

4 good players on 2 lines.

The rest of the forwards added almost nothing.

 

No, goaltending did not lose this game.

It didn't give us a chance to win it either.

 


 

true too! 
 

I also think, even though it looked like the Flames played better, they also didn’t necessarily dominate. The Sens were good at clogging things and the Flames kept passing in the feet and were not really able to get clean looks once they did try to shoot. 
 

most games it seems like there is a guy on top of every player on the Flames. They’re not making much room out there and when they force passes to try to, it’s in the feet, behind, or to the other team. There was good try, but not good execution or plays set up nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...