The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Blues @ Flames 7pm Jan 28

I have been impressed with Robinson. He probably realizes this his last chance to be an NHL player, he has been using his size and reach well and he skates better than I thought.

6 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

that leaning is exactly what the Avs did last year. It makes things harder for the small Flames players. It’s what I meant by them playing heavier.

I personally don’t believe you need to be a big player to lean on the opposition. If we made that small adjustment to our game, our physical presence would impact our opponents as well. 

Didn’t like the follow through on the hit to Mangiapane. Looked like the follow through was with the elbow...

Just now, lou44291 said:

I personally don’t believe you need to be a big player to lean on the opposition. If we made that small adjustment to our game, our physical presence would impact our opponents as well. 

probably true. It sure makes it easy on other teams that the Flames don’t do that. 

was that an elbow on that last Mangiapane chance?

Dang! Too bad. 
they didn’t skate well in the third. The blues played that period a lot better!

were they saving the energy for tomorrow?

Well, had a chance to win it with a PP, which ended up being an ugly mess.

Talbot battled to get a point, but he really struggled I thought tonight 

Past the point of the season where you can take moral victories. Bottom line is that was a game you needed to clamp down and win the game in the 3rd period and they failed because they cannot execute simple and basic details. 

threw away a point there. Not ok 

• Like 1