The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Carty

Flames @ Oil 8pm Jan 29

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Just remembered this after reading someone else's comments.

The Chaisson goal was a result of a blown offside call that resulted in a penalty.

At the time, I thought it was a missed offside, then forgot about it after the penalty call.

Hanifin...Uggg.

That was his worst game in some time.

How can he be that bad?

Need something better than Buddy with the Monahan line.

They didn;t score because of him.

He has some nice aspects to his game....for a 4th liner.

Just a waste of the top players.

I think Monahan hit the post once or twice and then on one shot it went over the net. Buddy had that chance where he shot it over the net. I think Monahan also got robbed on one as well. It isn’t like they didn’t get chances. Otherwise, buddy does look a bit awkward. 

2 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I think Monahan hit the post once or twice and then on one shot it went over the net. Buddy had that chance where he shot it over the net. I think Monahan also got robbed on one as well. It isn’t like they didn’t get chances. Otherwise, buddy does look a bit awkward. 

I guess my point is that you want to get a super skilled line going, bring in something other than a defensive C or a career AHL player.

30 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I guess my point is that you want to get a super skilled line going, bring in something other than a defensive C or a career AHL player.

got it! Ya, I wish we could find another Hudler. Someone waiting to push up the line but is stuck on the 3rd. I think the Nucks found they in Miller.

10 hours ago, ABC923 said:

I actually don't mind Robinson on that line, he had a couple solid chances and is the grinder those two need.  Would definitely want a guy with more finish to play that style, but we don't have that player right now.

I also have appreciated Bennett's game in the last two.  Pairing up with Backlund seems to have sparked him a bit, not sure if he just has more confidence to go digging in corners and crashing the middle knowing a defensive guy like Backs is out there for support.

I like the look of Robinson as well. Big speedy guy throwing his weight around and getting chances. He has played in 2 very tough games and hasn't looked out of place for the most part. Sure he found himself out of position a couple times but what do we expect, from a call up to a new team. He has earned a roster spot for time being imo.

Cant help but think Robinson is providing a little motivation for Bennet. You know, new guy called up, playing in the top 6, making things happen.

After all is said and done there are a couple of things that leave me annoyed.

First and the smaller of the points is the coverage about how Kassian wanted to make Tkachuk wait and how that’s the game within the game. Somehow though, not a lot of people seemed to think how great of a job Tkachuk did of the exact same game within the game, in the previous matchup. I think he was far more masterful at that.

Second and far more aggravating, is how much media coverage there is about the Giordano leg on leg hit on McDavid. Then at the same time there is not a single peep about Nurse cross checking Tkachuk square in the numbers and into the boards head first.

That play is just as dangerous, if not more, however because it’s not McDavid and because Tkachuk didn’t throw a hissy fit about it, it’s not even mentioned at all.

Its pretty despicable to me.

2 minutes ago, FueltheFlames1075 said:

First and the smaller of the points is the coverage about how Kassian wanted to make Tkachuk wait and how that’s the game within the game. Somehow though, not a lot of people seemed to think how great of a job Tkachuk did of the exact same game within the game, in the previous matchup. I think he was far more masterful at that.

Second and far more aggravating, is how much media coverage there is about the Giordano leg on leg hit on McDavid. Then at the same time there is not a single peep about Nurse cross checking Tkachuk square in the numbers and into the boards head first.

That play is just as dangerous, if not more, however because it’s not McDavid and because Tkachuk didn’t throw a hissy fit about it, it’s not even mentioned at all.

I call BS. I think Kassian was in shock that Tkachuk was ready to go. He didn't know what to do and skated away.

The media (both Cgy and Edm) has been annoying me ever since the last Edm game before the All-Star break...…to the point where I have turned them off from time to time.

So tired of them micro analysing one play 12 hrs a day, for days on end. You have a choice, listen to the BS or turn it off. 

Good to see BT added some sand paper to our line-up this season, unlike last few seasons when all we had was Backlund swinging his stick a players ankles after whistles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FueltheFlames1075 said:

Plus not a peep of the two handed loggers chop McDiver put into the hands of our defender 2 seconds later.  You'd think Gio had a master plan to break the guys knee in two since last season based on the media coverage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ABC923 said:

Plus not a peep of the two handed loggers chop McDiver put into the hands of our defender 2 seconds later.  You'd think Gio had a master plan to break the guys knee in two since last season based on the media coverage.

Gio stuck his butt out hoping to get a piece of McD. That’s what every D would do. Gio’s job is to slow him down. He went for the puck last year like every D guy does to any player on a break-in/away. The fact McD skates size fast is going to put himself in more danger.

The other night, Gio did what guys do, turn the hip to get a piece.

so what, it is going to be illegal to try defend him?

if you put a thousand guys in the same situation as McD on that breakin power move to the net. 100% of the time, if they have an ounce of compete and are in a position to dive and get a stick on the puck the Defending player will do the same as Gio.

maybe not Hanifin. He will be skating towards the boards and going the wrong way 😂

19 hours ago, ABC923 said:

I don't think that was a knee but Gio was trying to "get a piece of McDavid" to break his stride cause McDavid was gone if he got away clean.  You could say Gio was willing/trying to take a penalty on that play in desperation because he was beat and he got away with one.  The refs could've/should've called an interference penalty on Gio and that would've been the right call.

Calling that a knee is reaching. 

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I don't think that was a knee but Gio was trying to "get a piece of McDavid" to break his stride cause McDavid was gone if he got away clean.  You could say Gio was willing/trying to take a penalty on that play in desperation because he was beat and he got away with one.  The refs could've/should've called an interference penalty on Gio and that would've been the right call.

Calling that a knee is reaching. 

tging for me is, guys get nudged all of the time. McD is so fast that I’m real time he chips it by Gio, Gio makes a bit of a hit and any other player it’s a nothing play. Guys alway play close to that line and how many times do Flames guys have to work through that? Plus guys basically skating for two with them hanging all over them? Different plays but I feel like D always get away with just a bit more on a play like that. 

Sign in to follow this