The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Oil @ Flames 8pm Feb 1

The D guy skated into our guy, instead of back his own way. Why was that still icing?

Pushback time.

It seems the only D-man that can cleanly handle Oilers like McD is Ras.

Maybe the coaches will recognize that at some point.

5 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I think that’s Huska’s domain isn’t it?

Hanifin get walked again? Leave the middle of the ice open Hanny!

It wasn't this bad under Peters though and Huska has been around the whole time. I actually think Huska does a good job, he runs the PK and it has been the best and most consistent part of this team all season.

• Like 1

Oilers have had the better of the play, for most of Wednesday’s game and obviously here tonight.

Need to get pucks behind their D and get to work. They played last night. Teams coming off a b2b typically start off strong as they have fresh legs, but fade as the game goes on. Heck it happened to us Wednesday

Stick with it

• Like 1

Cassie says that we are spread out. I think I’ve seen that all season. D, F, all seem to be apart and not supporting each other.

plus I feel like our guys tend to try to coddle the play On the instead of going after it. They let the other team get it then defend. It lets the other team get it and not enough pressure to make them panic

A bit disappointed in how we come out in a game we have to win to keep up with the other teams. The oilers and Canucks just want it more I guess.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

A bit disappointed in how we come out in a game we have to win to keep up with the other teams. The oilers and Canucks just want it more I guess.

Intensity has been good though.  Sometimes you just get beat.

Really liked the Robinson goal.  That line is missing someone who is willing to drive the net and has the size to do so.

First goal was a gaffe in our end.

PP goal was static defending.

Hanifin and Backlund out there for 2 goals against.

I hate when they are too relying on Johnny to carry the puck in on PP.

Not just Gio. A very pedestrian effort by everyone on the ice. 

i hope this goal stings. I hope they’re starting to realize they squandered an opportunity to make it 3-2 and now they’re down 4-1 because of their lack of effort.