The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Oil @ Flames 8pm Feb 1

How the Blockchain do the Coilers get a PP out of that?...

It’s a gong show now. I’m not even sure the Flames could win a 7 game series against any team right now. Such inconsistent play from game to game. Even when they have played well..they haven’t been at a particularly elite level. It’s why we’re a bubble team right now. I just don’t see Wardo being able to elevate this team to an elite contender..not from what I’ve seen thus far

• Like 1

Outshout 27 - 8 since the 1st period...   Should be a bag skate at 6 am tomorrow...

1 minute ago, Carty said:

Outshout 27 - 8 since the 1st period...   Should be a bag skate at 6 am tomorrow...

Bag skate the coach while you are at it.

Dube and Rieder back in this game, and it doesn;t even show on the icetimes.

Might as well have played Janko and Rinaldo.

24 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Will Lucic get in the action here?

If he doesn't, I'd bench him for about 5 games...    Khaira and Nurse could both use an attitude adjustment...   Looch should pick one of them...

Not sure what role Lucic is playing in games like this.

Tkachuk and Buddy and Talbot fights, but not him.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Bag skate the coach while you are at it.

Dube and Rieder back in this game, and it doesn;t even show on the icetimes.

Might as well have played Janko and Rinaldo.

This game needed Rinaldo..

Somebody needs to show Connor what a real knee shot looks like so he can quit his whining 

Unbeknownst to the Oilers, Koskinen coming into the net has made a comeback more difficult for us. 

It appears that Lucic has too many friends in the other dressing room tonight. Maybe he just wants to “play hockey” tonight. If he can’t get up for a battle of Alberta game and show some intensity, then I guess I misjudged what I can expect from him come playoffs. I put together another trade suggestion in the other thread involving Lucic, now I hope it comes true. 

3 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

It appears that Lucic has too many friends in the other dressing room tonight.

This is the kind of game where Looch needed to show he is a Flame now and that old friendships don't count when you are out on the ice...

If you aren't putting up points or contributing in other ways, then lay some bodies out and drop the gloves when it's needed to try and earn part of those big paychecks...

• Like 1

This game goes against my “team losing gets more leniency and power plays” theory. 

2 minutes ago, Carty said:

This is the kind of game where Looch needed to show he is a Flame now and that old friendships don't count when you are out on the ice...

If you aren't putting up points or contributing in other ways, then lay some bodies out and drop the gloves when it's needed to try and earn part of those big paychecks...

That’s exactly my point. He’s made me question that two games in a row now.