The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Oil @ Flames 8pm Feb 1

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

After listening to wards presser last night, you can tell he is now in the same company as Hartley, Gully, Peters. This club either has no drive of competitiveness or it just get sucked out of them when they come here. Had to laugh when Ward was asked about Lucic, he would not answer. I am with everyone else, I was optimistic that Lucic would be a good guy for our club, it appears his loyalty is north with his buddies. Everything that has gone on in this so called battle our supposed best warrior chose not to engage. We as a small group noticed it, the reporters asked the question that we were thinking. He never had a problem with engaging our guys when he was a coiler. I am with those who mentioned it, sit his Hash Rate for a few, he might as well engage a box of popcorn, he be far more useful that way than on the ice. At least Rinaldo has some passion in his game. 

I think the drive is there, but the speed gets sucked out of them.

They have trouble with making quick decisions.

The PP looks lost because they can't react fast enough to a high pressure PK.

The breakout is poor because they skate like its a sunny Sunday.

Send in two forecheckers and we are in trouble.

The defense response to a foreheck is to turn into the pressure on the boards.

I can't say whether the coach or systems are at fault, but the rush is gone and the PK is stale.

Personnel hasn;t really changed on the PP, but the play is a lot different.

Gio is trying to run it from the point, but he has nothing creative there.

Johnny trying to set up players from the LW, which doesn;t even give him a shot at the net.

Tkachuk on the boards instead of in the crease area.

Very seldom do you see the players hit in stride with the puck behind any coverage.

Mostly the D waits for a line change or players skating in circles.

And then tries to hit a player half way down the ice,

Deflected in for dump and chase.

No speed entering the zone.

If they do, they stop and wait for other players to set up.  

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

After listening to wards presser last night, you can tell he is now in the same company as Hartley, Gully, Peters. This club either has no drive of competitiveness or it just get sucked out of them when they come here. Had to laugh when Ward was asked about Lucic, he would not answer. I am with everyone else, I was optimistic that Lucic would be a good guy for our club, it appears his loyalty is north with his buddies. Everything that has gone on in this so called battle our supposed best warrior chose not to engage. We as a small group noticed it, the reporters asked the question that we were thinking. He never had a problem with engaging our guys when he was a coiler. I am with those who mentioned it, sit his Hash Rate for a few, he might as well engage a box of popcorn, he be far more useful that way than on the ice. At least Rinaldo has some passion in his game. 

Yup!

Plus it seems that some of the penalties he gets are based on his reputation than the actual plays. SO many more calls that are worse go uncalled on the other side and then he does something and it is hand up. 

Didnt know where else to put this , but I'll go on record as saying I'm full supporting of this explanation .. i was starting to think this way after emotions calmed down 

Yes i think he could have stirred the pot a little more .. but it is true, nobody wants a piece of him and this all happens when hes off the ice .. not a coincidence 

To his credit , the skill players like Johnny and Magiapane etc, went virtually untouched as well 

• Angry 1

37 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Didnt know where else to put this , but I'll go on record as saying I'm full supporting of this explanation .. i was starting to think this way after emotions calmed down 

Yes i think he could have stirred the pot a little more .. but it is true, nobody wants a piece of him and this all happens when hes off the ice .. not a coincidence 

To his credit , the skill players like Johnny and Magiapane etc, went virtually untouched as well 

I don't accept his explanation... I don't measure it just based on fights. Has anyone even seen him really hit an Coiler in the 4 games this year? ... maybe a couple of half assed checks. I remember him absolutely running our players over, when he was playing for the crap stains up north. Shouldn't he be getting "riled" up for these games anyway?... What a bunch of BS, kick him to the curb.

3 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

I saw Mangiapane's head getting taken off there once or twice... There were some headlocks...

But for me, he wasn't even trying to make hits. He was quiet. But I also feel like if anyone is saying Lucic was the problem, then they're detracting from the the players who are supposed to make the plays and bring it  and score the goals...

59 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I saw Mangiapane's head getting taken off there once or twice... There were some headlocks...

But for me, he wasn't even trying to make hits. He was quiet. But I also feel like if anyone is saying Lucic was the problem, then they're detracting from the the players who are supposed to make the plays and bring it  and score the goals...

You could easily say we were within a goal of the comeback.

Twice.

We had the chance in the 1st, but Hamonic somehow got called for a trip on the shift following the 2-1 goal.

Pretty weak coverage on a PK.

The 2nd time, where we were within a goal in the 2nd.

We let them run around and look completely out of sync and they get a tap in goal.

Then they get a simple shot on net and the goalie is screened.

That was the end of the close game.

We were outplayed a lot, but managed to reel the game in.

And then let it go off the rails.

This was less about Lucic than the D-zone coverage which was crap.

Things escalated when we allowed them to run our goalie.

After that it was a boring game.

We let Gagner walk in and shoot.

And then HaaS got a PS for our team playing like a goal was all that was needed.