The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Preds @ Flames 7pm Feb 6

10 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

This season the flames are affecting me in a way they never have before... they literally put me to sleep. 

I’ve never fallen asleep watching a flames game in my life and it’s happened 3 times already this year, and I’m fighting it from happening tonight... 🥱😴

They don’t have an identity as a team so we get this soulless brand of hockey. I honestly think it’ll take the new arena to refresh the core energy of this franchise, at this rate you’ll have no excuse to be tired in the mornings

Winners of 2 of the last 9.

No consistency, period to period, heck even shift to shift you never know what you will get.

Gaudreau and Monaghan essentially non-factors.

Now repeat after me “This is a playoff team”

If the owners are going to make Treliving make a trade to try and save this season, he better pull the trigger soon. 

7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

If the owners are going to make Treliving make a trade to try and save this season, he better pull the trigger soon. 

I’m not sure this team is only 1 player away, id welcome a trade but this team needs a complete philosophical reboot 

Just now, rickross said:

I’m not sure this team is only 1 player away, id welcome a trade but this team needs a complete philosophical reboot 

Oh I agree, but ownership has shown time and time again that they care more about making the playoffs today than about long term success.

Zero speed. Zero urgency. Zero engagement from most. Coasting, reaching, bobbling. This is what you get when you come to play without purpose. 

By far the worst coached and worse work effort i have seen in years. The players have given everone the middle finger right now. Tonight is or was a game where the players has to make statement and they have, there emotionally and physically done. When was the last time we seen jg take over a game, monahan has been invisible Backs is more concerned about his wardrobe and Brodie couldnt get a shot through even if no one was in his way. This club is no where near being a contender. That all said Bt gas had his chance time to go. Clear house of the Satoshi Nakamoto in the locker room and re.tool, this season is over

What brand of hockey are we watching right now? It’s definitely not offensive heavy and we damn sure don’t play a tight Defensive game...we chase more than we possess the puck. We get outshot. We get outworked and we constantly get outplayed. We’re fast but get beat to pucks. Just who are these Calgary Flames?

I don't even know what to make of this game.

The 3rd was very much a Preds 1 goal lead, so I won;t read much into taking 12 minutes to get a shot.

The other periods is what I question.

Hanifin stinks out Ras,

Hamonic makes one good play and thinks he should be a pylon the rest of the game.

What were the lines again?

Buddy playing top line?

Mangiapane, Ryan, Dube and Lindholm about the only Flames that didn;t try to be cute.

I know the D is in bad shape, but we couldn;t have looked worse with the top 4 we used.

Saying that, I think we have to replace forwards.

We can;t score, so any close game are a loss. 

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I don't even know what to make of this game.

The 3rd was very much a Preds 1 goal lead, so I won;t read much into taking 12 minutes to get a shot.

The other periods is what I question.

Hanifin stinks out Ras,

Hamonic makes one good play and thinks he should be a pylon the rest of the game.

What were the lines again?

Buddy playing top line?

Mangiapane, Ryan, Dube and Lindholm about the only Flames that didn;t try to be cute.

I know the D is in bad shape, but we couldn;t have looked worse with the top 4 we used.

Saying that, I think we have to replace forwards.

We can;t score, so any close game are a loss. 

Seriously, why Buddy playing the top line?  How pathetic is this team?  We don’t have any consistent lines.  It’s just not 1 players can solve this, I think we need to trade several players to get this team working ethics back.  This team is mentally weak.  Like the coach said, they didn’t come here to compete.  They don’t win the big games when everything on the line.  Playoff are all big games.

I actually liked them through 40 mins. Thought they were playing a solid game. 

But that 3rd... yikes. So troubling for me when teams come out so flat to start a period and that's something the team has struggled with all year and IMO has gotten worse under Ward. Doesn't speak well to your leadership. 

15 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I actually liked them through 40 mins. Thought they were playing a solid game. 

But that 3rd... yikes. So troubling for me when teams come out so flat to start a period and that's something the team has struggled with all year and IMO has gotten worse under Ward. Doesn't speak well to your leadership. 

I'm with you on last night.  I was at the game, and actually enjoyed it for the most part up until the third.  We were the better team by my eye for 40 minutes, but our breakdowns were more costly (first two goals against in particular).

So, a few positives from last night:

-Bennett was one of our best players I thought.  Tried to get too cute a few times, but played with heart and passion, made hits, and generated plenty of scoring chances

-Backlund.  He can't hit the net right now, but generated a lot of good looks.  That pair was pretty solid all game.

-Brodie/Hamonic Pair.  I actually thought they did fine, especially considering how bad they have been as a pair in the past

-Stone.  Didn't notice him, which is generally a good sign for a 3rd pairing defense

-Anderson.  Had a strong game I thought.  Helped Hanifin a bit more than Hamonic does I think.

-Robinson.  I get it, he doesn't really have the skill to play top 6.  But he tries, which is more than can be said for his line mates at times.  Not afraid to throw his weight around and dig for pucks.  Could actually complement the Bennett/Backlund line, since those are the only other guys with any ability to win puck battles in the corners it seems

-Mangiapagne had a decent game I thought. Generated some chances and was generally more noticeable than either Tkachuk or Lindholm last night

There are negatives of course, but rather than pick on individuals I'd just say how disappointed I was to see a team in a playoff fight, at home and down by a goal, come out with so little desperation and urgency in the third period.  Managed to show up in the last 7 minutes or so, but we were being outshot 11-0 at one point in that period.  Makes you think the team has already mentally packed it in, and just isn't acceptable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ABC923 said:

-Backlund.  He can't hit the net right now, but generated a lot of good looks.  That pair was pretty solid all game.

-Brodie/Hamonic Pair.  I actually thought they did fine, especially considering how bad they have been as a pair in the past

-

Yes he had 5 scoring chances and scored nada,

Brdie/Hammer were on for all 3 goals.

One was a PP goal against.

Either way, that not impressive.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:14 PM, travel_dude said:

I'm watching for the seafood.

In other word, for the halibut.

hey!!! I really like Halibuts! Especially dried halibut, with a bit of butter and salt! The best!