The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Sharks 8:30pm Feb 10

PS> thank you Wardo for reading the forum and giving Mangiapane some PP time 

Just now, lou44291 said:

PS> thank you Wardo for reading the forum and giving Mangiapane some PP time 

It seemed to have started in VAN.

Who would have guess that one of the most consistent players would have a positive impact on the PP.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I guess we are trying to eliminate our goal differential in two games.

Like! Haha

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Just need to get Ras to shoot more.

absolutely. 

Finally...FINALLY starting to see the Flames assert their game onto the opponents. Took and early lead and never relinquished it. Sharks got momentum and we pushed back by putting up more goals. Every game is must win now

Backlund with another strong game, he has looked more like himself since getting put back on the 2nd line with Tkachuk.

Great game.  It seems our 4th line is coming alive.  Lucic has been making an impact since he got criticized in the Edmonton game for not fighting.  If we manage to get into the playoffs, then I think Lucic is going to play a big role for us.  He's hitting, fighting, and scoring.

Solid performance, top to bottom

Great to see the depth guys get rewarded with goals.

Depleted D, handled themselves about as well as you could hope. Then Rittich was back there standing tall.

Couple PP goals for the 2nd unit, and the 1st unit got on the board too. I’d still like Andersson on the top unit as it would be nice to have a big shot from the point as well as another RHS. 

Choppy game, and they had to win against a depleted Shark team. I thought they looked good and skated. 

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Solid performance, top to bottom

Great to see the depth guys get rewarded with goals.

Depleted D, handled themselves about as well as you could hope. Then Rittich was back there standing tall.

Couple PP goals for the 2nd unit, and the 1st unit got on the board too. I’d still like Andersson on the top unit as it would be nice to have a big shot from the point as well as another RHS. 

I'm going negative now.....

3rd pairing struggled.

Davidson either needs more games or no more games - was not impressed.

Stone - won't reall complain but he was a weak link out there playing extended minutes.

Too many bad passes.

I thought the forwards really chipped in.

JH had at least two great backchecks.

He prevented a scoring play on a partial breakaway; he hustled past everyone to get back and tie up the Shark.

Defensive zone play sagged a bit, but the forwards helped out as best they could.

I thought the lines were about as evenly set up as they could be.

The scoring reminded me of what we are capable of.

Could easily have been another 2 goals just from Monahan.

Much better team game with better buy in. Still too leaky defensively for my liking and while I understand the temptation is to blame the D injuries it's also been a pattern no matter who is in the lineup. 

I like the efforts but things are coming easy right now and the puck is going in. They need to sustain this and i will wait to see what they do when things don't go their way. 

16 hours ago, rickross said:

It’s just weird how they keep marketing “meat” products to ppl who general don’t want to eat meat. 

Actually, the idea is the market them to people that do eat meat. 

Love.