The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Kings 8pm Feb 12

Hanifin even pinched earlier on that icing where Pearson(?) fell into the boards. Just nonsense in a 0-0 game. 

For some reason, unknown to me, this team is apprehensive and scared to play the kings this year. We seem to expect a rough game, and give them far too much space and respect. We let them dictate instead of taking it to them. 

if we weren’t sure if we were back to our old ways, here’s your proof. A goal against right after we pot one. 

• Like 1

Just now, lou44291 said:

For some reason, unknown to me, this team is apprehensive and scared to play the kings this year. We seem to expect a rough game, and give them far too much space and respect. We let them dictate instead of taking it to them. 

if we weren’t sure if we were back to our old ways, here’s your proof. A goal against right after we pot one. 

I think it has more to do with Mclennan just knowing how to play us after all his time spent in Edmonton tbh. Kings aren’t some offensive or defensive juggernaut. Flames are losing this game all by themselves 

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

They look like the 2012 Kings against us this year. More of a Flames thing than the Kings playing well I think though 

• Like 1

The positioning of the D was really bad.

The puck was not in deep at all, and the D was playing like it was behind the net.

A 2 on 0 breakaway without a line change is crazy.

Horrible team defence again  I'm glad Rittich is mad and hopefully he or someone else rips them in the intermission. 

Stuff like this cannot be acceptable this late in the season. 

Bad turnover by Gaudreau leads to the first goal, bad read by Andersson leads to the 2nd. Andersson should have been off the line when he saw that Hanifin had pinched, and he had no help behind him.

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

I think it has more to do with Mclennan just knowing how to play us after all his time spent in Edmonton tbh. Kings aren’t some offensive or defensive juggernaut. Flames are losing this game all by themselves 

Nah. I’m with brew crew. It’s us. It’s all us. No sugar coating it. 

maybe I misread your post. Your sentences contradict each other?

Two soft plays on the other half of the ice leads to goals against, have to be more determined all over the ice.

Seems like a soft call at this point in the game. MCd had a play like that Saturday and they gave em both one for the trip and the dive. No consistency