The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Bruins @ Flames 7pm Feb 21

You can't beat Boston with 12 shots.   The problem is that Boston is playing really good in 3rd period, mostly in Calgary zone.  Calgary really has no chance.  Finally you got a PP.  They must use this chance, hope they can setup and get some shots. 

Best chance to tie was Bennett to Dube, he should have scored.  What does ward do, replaces Bennett with Ryan? ......

This is the FATE of the flames.  If BT still thinks he got a good hockey team, Boston has taught them a good lesson today.  No comparison...from players, team chemistry, coach, GM, no where comparing to Boston Organization.   We are still long way to become good playoff team.  

Not a surprise that we lost. Boston is a great team.

They better have learned a lesson. The Bruins are a mature team, if the Flames have gotten blitzed for 2 early ones in recent weeks against the Oil and Hawks and they ended up getting steamrolled. It didn’t even faze the Bruins. They stuck with it and even tightened it up and gave the Flames nothing after the Gaudreau goal.

Comes down to the little things this time of the year. Chances are hard to come by, Coyle buried on a breakaway. Mangiapane and Gaudreau didn’t. 2 golden opportunities missed. 2 power plays, nothing

The fact the we are still just making lines up on the fly is telling in itself. This team is still searching for itself. It’s a team that doesn’t know how to generate offence they just hope they can score. They do not play a convincing game, the fact you can’t even trust them at home says enough 

No forecheck.. it seemed like constantly the Bruins had forever to get out of their zone. They never seem to make the game harder for whoever they are playing.  

Its just funny this time of the year, we are still switching the lines every night....  lol  We really need a coach too.  And lately we need a good goalie too.  Every game you need somebody step up the win it, defense, offense or hot goalie.  Tonight we don't have any.  Actually most the nights we don't have.  

Tough one. Won’t say it’s his fault but again when you get 2 separate 2 goal leads you need better goaltending then you got tonight. Flames needed some saves. 

When I watch these types of games, Boston and St Louis, it furthers my belief that there is not a big talent gap between the flames and the top teams. The difference is the buy in, the commitment to a team game, structure and everyone working as 1. Flames don’t have this. 

• Like 1

I get annoyed with Tkachuk.

He has a bad habit of a little flip from off the boards to about 2 feet out.

80% of the time it's picked off.

I just wish he would simplify his game, and leave the between the legs to when he's in close.

This wasn;t a beat down by BOS, so I'm mostly unhappy with the weak goaltending.

Just now, cross16 said:

Tough one. Won’t say it’s his fault but again when you get 2 separate 2 goal leads you need better goaltending then you got tonight. Flames needed some saves. 

When I watch these types of games, Boston and St Louis, it furthers my belief that there is not a big talent gap between the flames and the top teams. The difference is the buy in, the commitment to a team game, structure and everyone working as 1. Flames don’t have this. 

I disagree, there is still huge gap between Flames and teams like Boston or Colorado.  First, you got to have that killer first line.  Flames doesn't have.  Flames also have very average D core now.  Look how Boston shut down Flames for nearly 40 minutes with just 1 goal.  Those are good hockey club knows to how to win game, knows how to protect the leads.  Flames are still far away from learning all that.  

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I get annoyed with Tkachuk.

He has a bad habit of a little flip from off the boards to about 2 feet out.

80% of the time it's picked off.

I just wish he would simplify his game, and leave the between the legs to when he's in close.

This wasn;t a beat down by BOS, so I'm mostly unhappy with the weak goaltending.

Tkachuk didn't play a good game.  He is just too fancy against this Boston team, and I am not sure if he had any shots on goal tonight.  Sometimes you just need to simplify the game, which I agree with you totally.  Lucic actually playing well in the last couple weeks.  But it seems we are like that, only few players step up in few nights, we just couldn't get everyone all at same time.   Gosh Hanifin, so painful to watch him play too.  Given we have high expectation on him when we trade away Hamilton.  

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

These are games where we lose by inches.

Minor mistakes amplified.

When we have momentum, a lazy shift gives it back.

Structure looks non-existent at times.

I'm not a big fan of the way the team collapses in the D-zone.

It's not a winning strategy.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

These are games where we lose by inches.

Minor mistakes amplified.

When we have momentum, a lazy shift gives it back.

Structure looks non-existent at times.

I'm not a big fan of the way the team collapses in the D-zone.

It's not a winning strategy.

BT needs to make a move now, we are in danger of not making the playoff.  If we get some help, we probably still can win few games.  We stick with the current group, we are joking with ourselves.  Longer team, this team needs lot of changes.    

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I would agree with Crazy a bit. The first line can be good but once the Bruins decided to shut things down they showed they could control the Gaudreau line. 

the team is better when Backs is moving, but they also went quiet after the first. They did have some good shifts.

I did think there were about 4 or 5 shifts the Flames held it in and were close. 

I think the difference is the depth and lack of a dominant first line. we are just short of an elite player. Gaudreau and Tkachuk are really good. Monahan is a really good scorer with an elite shot but isn’t scoring.

you say it’s buy in. It could be. They don’t play a full game. They start right and they go quiet. They start slow and start in the 2nd. They’re not able to sustain a 60 min game. 

• Thanks 1

The Bruins play hard enough to get the win. Talbot was dog Satoshi Nakamoto, this club has no bite to it. The cosch is so over his head. We have a team that had been has no clue what to do or where someone might be. Have to say on a positive was JG better games of the year

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

The Bruins play hard enough to get the win. Talbot was dog Satoshi Nakamoto, this club has no bite to it. The cosch is so over his head. We have a team that had been has no clue what to do or where someone might be. Have to say on a positive was JG better games of the year

yup! Talbot was having a hard time tracking it. Those two goals where they bounced are probably difficult but he also wasn’t quite square. 3 goals were bad.