The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Bruins 5pm Feb 25

I liked the way the Bennett-Jankowski-Rieder line handled what is probably the hardest assignment in the league, matching up against the Perfection Line. Now they did get beat on the analytic side of things, but that is to be expected going against the top line in hockey. I just thought that they did well pressuring them and keeping them to the outside. 

If that line can handle more of a checking role, it opens up the 3M line to take more offensive situations which will help the offense overall.

This guys is a must follow down the stretch. I look at these tables every night after the games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

This guys is a must follow down the stretch. I look at these tables every night after the games.

Good graphic, thanks. 

From that visual Winnipeg has a pretty grueling schedule. I would say you are flipping a coin between Vegas, Canucks, Oilers and Flames. All are pretty similar. Don't thikn schedule really should enter the discussion about playoffs. 

It's in the hands of the Flames to decide which I think is what you want. They need to start playing better at home and they'll be in, continue to struggle and they'll be out. Pretty simple. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Good graphic, thanks. 

From that visual Winnipeg has a pretty grueling schedule. I would say you are flipping a coin between Vegas, Canucks, Oilers and Flames. All are pretty similar. Don't thikn schedule really should enter the discussion about playoffs. 

It's in the hands of the Flames to decide which I think is what you want. They need to start playing better at home and they'll be in, continue to struggle and they'll be out. Pretty simple. 

The one thing that I think could be good but also bad for the other teams is, there are games in hand. The Flames have less games than some, so they may end up more rested than those that have to play more. ALthough, it's a benefit to add to or make up for some points in the standings, but playing a game or two extra in a condensed schedule could hurt them more? It may not matter. But if a team has a 3 in 4 nights situation, it could get tough. I haven't looked at the schedule that in depth. 

1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

RW could come back and bite us

It does make a difference to placement for sure.

As far as the team chasing us, we are similar to WPG and NAS.

The thing to remember is that first and foremost, points is the first deciding point.