Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

Flames @ Preds 6pm Feb 27

Recommended Posts

Good this is the preds play AVs next so they hopefully lose their game in hand.  Man this are so tight in the West.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Tkachuk wasted the only zone time we had in the OT.

Selfsih play with little chance of doing anything.

Then we have Gus playing D with JH and Lindy.

WTF?

 

It's what Tkachuk does, I love 95% of his game, but he makes a lot of selfish plays trying to make the highlight reels, that result in bad turnovers. If he really wants to be an impact player he needs to cut that out of his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking back on the tying goal now, man do the Flames ever need Gio to stop thinking he is Hero. Twice he abandons his spot and Forsberg was the guy all along he should have had tied up at the same of the net

 

i know it’s his first game back but that’s been his season. Flames need Gio to start playing within himself and Within the team game not as a hero. 
 

This goal will not he kind to the team on film tomorrow. Just so many breakdowns and simple coverages blown. Coaching staff has got to start putting their foot down. You can’t have this crap at this point in the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m starting to wonder how many goals have been scored on the flames on a bang-bang play (pass to the slot, goal)?

 

there is a trend here where many players are puck watching behind the net and/or blowing their coverage in front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  How to find a way to lose.  

 

Three guys watching Scissons skate to the slot and score. 

 

Rittich let's in an ultra soft one. 

 

Brodie tries to kick the puck out of the zone instead of taking a second to play it with his stick.  Predators bring the puck back in and the Flames can't play defence for 0.1 seconds.  

 

Tkachuk skates right at two defenders, makes a lame playstation move, turns the puck over and Nashville skates it down the ice for the winner.  

 

3 goals against in the last 7 minutes of a game against the team that is trying to knock you out of the playoffs.  

 

So frustrating.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ward should have taken the time out before OT.

The same guys that were scored on were out for the 2nd shift after 20 seconds.

Tkachuk was gassed and should not have been out there.

ONe man play and no use at all.

Gaudreau comes on for him after he loses possession and Lindholm can;t get off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A_Flame_in_Oiler_Land said:

Well some good news the Canucks lost Bobby Ryan back with a hat trick


tried to put a like for the loss and Bobby. Wouldn’t let me. So The one above is for Bobby. He had a fight too! . 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

 

It's what Tkachuk does, I love 95% of his game, but he makes a lot of selfish plays trying to make the highlight reels, that result in bad turnovers. If he really wants to be an impact player he needs to cut that out of his game.

 

Yeah, I also have no problem with about 90% as well.

It's those little cute plays he tries once too often.

Players look at films, so you are not going to fool anyone that often.

The OT play is the only one that really got me tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Looking back on the tying goal now, man do the Flames ever need Gio to stop thinking he is Hero. Twice he abandons his spot and Forsberg was the guy all along he should have had tied up at the same of the net

 

i know it’s his first game back but that’s been his season. Flames need Gio to start playing with himself and on the team not as a hero. 


 

this is not that kind of website! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I’m starting to wonder how many goals have been scored on the flames on a bang-bang play (pass to the slot, goal)?

 

there is a trend here where many players are puck watching behind the net and/or blowing their coverage in front. 


 

it was like that last year too. It’s a thing this team does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stubblejumper1 said:

Wow.  How to find a way to lose.  

 

Three guys watching Scissons skate to the slot and score. 

 

Rittich let's in an ultra soft one. 

 

Brodie tries to kick the puck out of the zone instead of taking a second to play it with his stick.  Predators bring the puck back in and the Flames can't play defence for 0.1 seconds.  

 

Tkachuk skates right at two defenders, makes a lame playstation move, turns the puck over and Nashville skates it down the ice for the winner.  

 

3 goals against in the last 7 minutes of a game against the team that is trying to knock you out of the playoffs.  

 

So frustrating.  

 


 

I am  actually surprised they didn’t look at that play longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minny, Nashville and Winnipeg now have us in their sights with this loss.  Good thing is Tampa has cooled off abit so here is hoping we get that win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minny, NAS, and WPG all won.

We take a single.

 

CGY - 73

NAS - 72

WPG - 72

ARI - 71

MIN - 69

 

Instead of 

CGY - 74

WPG - 72

NAS - 70

ARI - 70

MIN - 60

40 stinking seconds.

 

Fixed Minny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDM plays WPG then NAS and DAL.

WPG plays EDM then BUFF and VGK

NAS plays COL then EDM and MIN

MIN plays CLB then WAS and NAS

VAN plays TOR then CLB and ARI

ARI plays BUFF then VAN and CGY

 

HArd on the nerves, especially when you give up 2 points in the last second and 2nd shift of OT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our d were horrible tonight. Why was Brodie chasing the puck, in the last second. Blown coverages, as good as Gus and Forbet looked the other night the polish wore off tonight. Backs line has been good. This club finds consistant ways to lose constantly. Yonight was an absoulte Blockchaining waste and an oppurtunity to bury your opponet but fail misearbly once again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tmac70 said:

Our d were horrible tonight. Why was Brodie chasing the puck, in the last second. Blown coverages, as good as Gus and Forbet looked the other night the polish wore off tonight. Backs line has been good. This club finds consistant ways to lose constantly. Yonight was an absoulte Blockchaining waste and an oppurtunity to bury your opponet but fail misearbly once again

 

 

I don't get it, guys flailing everywhere on the ice, and blown coverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Our d were horrible tonight. Why was Brodie chasing the puck, in the last second. Blown coverages, as good as Gus and Forbet looked the other night the polish wore off tonight. Backs line has been good. This club finds consistant ways to lose constantly. Yonight was an absoulte Blockchaining waste and an oppurtunity to bury your opponet but fail misearbly once again

 

You expect Gio to be a step behind; he was.

Most of the game he was fine, if a little slow with decison making.

Playing Forbort and Gustafsson together was a mistake last game and was again today.

Our best D-man was not on the ice for the last 40 second.

Instead we have a puck mover that loses a lot of battles man on man.

Tkachuk with Backlund and Lindy was fine, but you want the best defensive players you have out there with 40 seconds left.

Or you want your best guys at faceoffs.

Monahan and Janko lead the way, not Backlund and Lindy.

You want a 2nd C out there, put the guy that was winning them with Backlund.

 

Overall, the Flames should have won by 2 more goals at least.

Bad penalties and some poor defensive play cost some momentum.

And no PP's even though the Preds took as many liberties as the Flames.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rittich needed to be better, tonight as well, not putting the blame on him, but the Josi goal was soft. The 3rd goal, he took too long to get across, taking time to pick up his stick. If he just leaves the stick and gets into position he probably makes that save.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Rittich needed to be better, tonight as well, not putting the blame on him, but the Josi goal was soft. The 3rd goal, he took too long to get across, taking time to pick up his stick. If he just leaves the stick and gets into position he probably makes that save.


he also got interfered with. Flames player clearly pushes him in so it’s not a penalty IMO but it’s hard, in less than a second, to reset and try and make that save. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

frel frel frel and more frelling frel.

 

How did we lose that?

 

frustrasting loss after being the better side for the majority of the game.

 

Go Flames Go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've calmed down a little after the loss.

It is what it is.

We tried to win up to the 43 seconds remaining point.

After that we went into somekind of shell.

43 seconds is simple possession; you win a draw and hang onto the puck without losing it.

You lose the draw, you win the puck battles to get it back.

Sounds simple.

 

Let me break down how the shifts were managed by the coach:

 

3M line played 54 seconds from 17:07 to 18:01.

Icing by NAS.

Top line goes on for 35 seconds.

3M comes on from 18:36 until Mangiapane scores at 19:17.

Backlund and Tkachuk stay on for the next faceoff with Lindholm.

 

Backlund and Tkachuk played all but 35 seconds of the last 3 minutes of the game.

They played leading up to the goal and the shift right after.

Anyone see any issues with that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...