The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Carty

Flames @ Panthers 2pm Mar 1

b015c08d5c66b056b0179f2491cd9887.png                  VS       bff7ae696d14b9d669637ce4bcc247b1.png

Mar. 1st 2pm

9740e4f32aeea57785500b226d59e488.png   15f0df911aed0335d7c295d312815bb3.png

BB & T Center

6ef33db27b659a7084e2739a8ad338b3.png

• Like 7

projected_top.jpg

***LINES COULD CHANGE***

af239f26bd4a596ae7adf0ce0cf41ed6.png

fb8abc66bb52add6eacb87d9544f6ae0.png                                        efc4e228e03c131f4a0d6cd170c4880b.png

GOALTENDERS

44f13cdbb8a65aa0e89fe2ddda4739f5.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lou44291 said:

Sam Bennett still on the wing? SMH <_<

Hopefully Ward gets that figured out sooner rather than later...   But it seems that using Bennett as a 4th line LW has become another SWH (stupid Wardo habit)...   

• Like 3

Hopefully they win this one.  Keeping my expectation low.  Even if we make the the playoffs this year I will be keeping my expectations low so I do not feel as bad as previous years.

51 minutes ago, Carty said:

Hopefully Ward gets that figured out sooner rather than later...   But it seems that using Bennett as a 4th line LW has become another SWH (stupid Wardo habit)...   

One would think that being on the 4th line that someone would be well rested and full of energy. I don't necessarily feel that's the case for everyone. I also feel like it could be hard for someone to stay "in the game" mentally when sitting for so long. 

Bennett on the wing is dumb especially how much that line got better with him at center yesterday. I also would have preferred they go to Kylington in a back to back considering Forbort hasn’t been great. 

27 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

One would think that being on the 4th line that someone would be well rested and full of energy. I don't necessarily feel that's the case for everyone. I also feel like it could be hard for someone to stay "in the game" mentally when sitting for so long. 

When Bennett was put back at center a couple of games ago, he had success there...   It was like watching Bennett finally finding another gear...   

But Ward has shown that he likes to reward a few of the players for their good games by putting them back in a spot where they were having less success and struggling...

Sometimes it seems that Wardo is blind to a number of things that should be obvious...     Especially for someone that a coach in the NHL...   Even one that has the "Interim" title...

a51782ef660f178e7dc0b50ff4ae61d3.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Carty said:

When Bennett was put back at center a couple of games ago, he had success there...   It was like watching Bennett finally finding another gear...   

But Ward has shown that he likes to reward a few of the players for their good games by putting them back in a spot where they were having less success and struggling...

Sometimes it seems that Wardo is blind to a number of things that should be obvious...     Especially for someone that a coach in the NHL...   Even one that has the "Interim" title...

a51782ef660f178e7dc0b50ff4ae61d3.png

I agree. But it has been like this since the Hartley days. So I can see why some might want an experienced coach considering GG, BP and now Ward is newish. 

Hartley fell into it too. He was playing guys over and over expecting them to get going but to hardly any success (the year after the Flames made the playoffs).

GG kept throwing Brouwer out in every situation. Now it's Lucic. Last year it was Neal for a lot of the year. Players are getting rewarded without having to give much effort. They keep getting thrown out in hopes of picking it up. 

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I agree. But it has been like this since the Hartley days. So I can see why some might want an experienced coach considering GG, BP and now Ward is newish. 

Hartley fell into it too. He was playing guys over and over expecting them to get going but to hardly any success (the year after the Flames made the playoffs).

GG kept throwing Brouwer out in every situation. Now it's Lucic. Last year it was Neal for a lot of the year. Players are getting rewarded without having to give much effort. They keep getting thrown out in hopes of picking it up. 

BH was a coach on the way to obscurity.

He had good results from a team that basically was playing junior hocket; score at will.

GG was a tool with no head coaching experience.

BP was a coach that had never found success; his results were from letting a team play offense only.

So, in all honestly, we don;t have a coach that ever knew how to win in the modern era.

This one is a must win! Think if we lose this one we can pretty much kiss our playoff chances goodbye. We absolutely need to keep pace with a win here! Bob isn’t in net today so let’s light the lamp boys!!

You get a penalty when your stick is cemented to the ice and a guy's stick breaks when he pushes forward?

How is that slashing?

Apparently we have the 6th best PK or something like that.  Hard to believe when you look at it!

10 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

There are a lot of mistakes Wardo makes that I would not expect to see from a coach even if the Flames had hired someone for the AHL with no NHL experience...

The list of his errors with basic hockey coaching principles seems to be growing with time, and not improving...

Here are a few of the comments from the last GDT...

6b26530b11ef2e9f3d1dc87400bec2ae.png

Gustafsson should be an option for PP#2, not the top unit.

He has no defensive smarts.

Should be Ras any day.

Wardo's decision making again rears it's ugly head.

Top players score a goal, start Lucic.

Result is two near misses on Talbot.

I don't get it.

You get a goal, you don't go back to a weaker line.

Sign in to follow this