The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thebrewcrew

2020 Calgary Flames NHL Draft

Do they already have the picks jersey up on the video? Not hiding who they’re picking?

oh! It’s a tribute! Love

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Flames don’t tend to take prospects with injury concerns so I’m thinking they weren’t in on Lapierre. 

im ok with it personally. He is skilled but flawed and I don’t think his upside is as high as some and that injury risk is very real. Not upset by this decision. 

I have a feeling they’ve been moving down because Barron is their guy. Maybe it’s Zary and they are just confident he’d be there. 

I’d still really like Perrault. 

I had Perrault at this pick originally, you might get your wish

Not a bad pick for the Flyers. I don’t mind Foerster but I like several others more. skating needs to get better. 

well looks like flames are picking 

Zary...   Interesting...   Had to be their guy...   Not a bad pick at all...   We'll all find out how it goes down the road a ways, when we find out how Zary and a few of the players they passed up on turn out...

Guy they wanted at 19 anyway and you get 2 3rds on top of it. Some damn fine work there. 

I really like Zary. Sure he isn’t a RS but center is a major need for this club long term and I think Zary has top 6 upside. He reminds me of Bo Horvat if he can bulk up. 

Liked the celly at the Zary household. Makes me think the fam were all in hoping on the flames selecting him. Congrats Zary and welcome to the C of Red! 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Guy they wanted at 19 anyway and you get 2 3rds on top of it. Some damn fine work there. 

I really like Zary. Sure he isn’t a LS but center is a major need for this club long term and I think Zary has top 6 upside. He reminds me of Bo Horvat if he can bulk up. 

Great work to gain two 3rds... But not liking the pick.  

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

I really like Zary. Sure he isn’t a LS but center is a major need for this club long term and I think Zary has top 6 upside. He reminds me of Bo Horvat if he can bulk up. 

he is a left shot though and Horvarth was rhw player they compared him too.. Burkie says he's not a great skater and needs to bulk up.. sounds like Monahan to me