The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Carty

BJ's @ Flames 6:30pm Mar 4

It is goals like that that will never make me believe Talbot is playing better than Rittich.  Sure if flames win it will be swept under the rug.

1 minute ago, GDyAllen said:

It is goals like that that will never make me believe Talbot is playing better than Rittich.  Sure if flames win it will be swept under the rug.

That was not on the goalie.

😬 yikes. No ozone pressure from us. 

Unfortunate goal on Talbot. I don’t fault him. Low blocker, deflection. Maybe the bigger issue is how CBJ had a 2-on-1 developing on that play, forcing Forbort to play the middle. 

oh. Bigger problems. 2-on-0

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Forbort and Gus togther may not be the best idea.

I feel like the Flames have looked better with them in. I don't know whether its due to them, but as a team there seems to be more flow. 

Crap, 2-0

Home is still a horrible place for the Flames. 

3 minutes ago, GDyAllen said:

Which one? the 1-0 goal or the 2-0? I feel like on a two on none the goalie has very little chance, unless it's the Flames that are on the two on none. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GDyAllen said:

Bad turnover there no chance for Talbot.

Just saw this, so you meant the 1-0 goal. ya, I agree. We need to just simplify now and pepper them and get bodies in front. We need this win. 

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

That was not on the goalie.

So just a question you do not think the first goal should of been a save?

The breakout on the 2nd goal was perplexing.

I don;t understand why the D were so far ahead of Mangiapane and Backlund.

Hanifin or Ras, yes, but not both.

I would like to se Reider to keep it simple instead of skating into 3 players with the puck. Get the cycle going. 

Just now, GDyAllen said:

So just a question you do not think the first goal should of been a save?

My view if it was it changed direction off Forbort.

It was so close to the net when shot, there was no chance for his to adjust to the deflection.

Really sums up why the flames are one of the worst teams on home ice. Sub par goaltending and careless puck management and just like that your down 2-0 in a guy you really have to have. 

really, really not good. 

Flames just aren’t a home team I guess. Realistically you can kiss away any thoughts of playoff success if you can’t win at home. Yet another puzzle to add to this team

Already hearing Oilers fans boasting at work about how RNH leads all flames then I watch this first period.  Hoping we can go against the grain and have a good last 40.

Bad first goal on Talbot to put the Flames behind the 8 ball

More horrendous puck management on the 2nd goal. I can’t think of a team that gives up more breakaways or 2 on 0’s than the Flames

Little urgency in the 2nd would be nice. There’s no time for “it wasn’t our night”

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Bad first goal on Talbot to put the Flames behind the 8 ball

More horrendous puck management on the 2nd goal. I can’t think of a team that gives up more breakaways or 2 on 0’s than the Flames

Little urgency in the 2nd would be nice. There’s no time for “it wasn’t our night”

Or we needed to be better.

10 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Really sums up why the flames are one of the worst teams on home ice. Sub par goaltending and careless puck management and just like that your down 2-0 in a guy you really have to have. 

really, really not good. 

I don;t know about the first goal being on Talbot.

I could be wrong but iit looked like a deflection off Forbort.

I hear about possession all the time and how it’s an important statistic. I can appreciate and understand the correlation between possession and goal opportunities - however, if you aren’t attacking when you have the puck, possession stats mean squat. 

case and point: I hear Calgary is a good possession team. Keep skating around the perimeter of the ice and your possession stats will increase but your high danger scoring chances will be nonexistent. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I don;t know about the first goal being on Talbot.

I could be wrong but iit looked like a deflection off Forbort.

I did not see a deflection and Talbot sutr didn’t react like it was a deflection. It’s basically a carbon copy of the goal Rittich let in against Josi in Nashville that most agreed he needed to have. 

I mean Forbort player it terribly so there is that too. 

2 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

I hear about possession all the time and how it’s an important statistic. I can appreciate and understand the correlation between possession and goal opportunities - however, if you aren’t attacking when you have the puck, possession stats mean squat. 

case and point: I hear Calgary is a good possession team. Keep skating around the perimeter of the ice and your possession stats will increase but your high danger scoring chances will be nonexistent. 

actually the opposite is true. Flames, under Ward, have not been a very good possession team. They are average.