The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
Carty

Yotes @ Flames 7pm Mar 6

Just now, DHT said:

Johnny should have shot that one with 2 on 1.

yup! Shoot for the rebound! Shoot early so they can get the rebound on the other side.

Good first 

just an ok second

an even third.

i guess that equals a 60 minute in todays NHL?

The optimist side of me likes the back to back efforts at home. This is a step up from what they were doing the last few weeks. 

The pessimist side is the flames still are not playing good defense and have been a bit lucky that their last 2 opponents just don’t generate much offensively.

the overall trend is positive but some big games coming up that will be more telling. However this team is starting to look more and more like they did last year. They seem to be looking at the calendar. 

23 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The optimist side of me likes the back to back efforts at home. This is a step up from what they were doing the last few weeks. 

The pessimist side is the flames still are not playing good defense and have been a bit lucky that their last 2 opponents just don’t generate much offensively.

the overall trend is positive but some big games coming up that will be more telling. However this team is starting to look more and more like they did last year. They seem to be looking at the calendar. 

Not every game can be a masterpiece as the other team wants the win as well. What matters is how many pts you got at the end of the evening. Lets give credit where credit is due....Wardo.

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I am still concerned about the D-zone play more than anything else.

Backlund's pass led directly to the 2nd goal.

I can forgive that one, because he was great the rest of the game.

Hanifin is still making bad first passes.

Hall's goal was brutal; how do you get that much open ice when both top defenders are on the ice.

I would like to see them move Bennett to C with Dube playing LW and Ryan RW.

I just don't like the Lucic line as constructed, in our zone.

They are fine in the O-zone at pushing play.

These games were lacking to end last season, so I am good with fighting tooth and nail to get wins.

In theory, this should be the exact type of game that Bennett should be great.

Playoff like.

Yet, for some reason he is still a winger on the 4th line.

Sign in to follow this