Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MP5029 said:

Ok here is a crazy idea, BT has been extremely quiet so far, I’m wondering if he’s gonna pull off a major surprise signing and bring back Hamilton.

 

granted he’s a soft big D, RS, RD but, he could plug some holes on the back end, but again where to slot him, I’m thinking:

 

Hanifin/Hamilton 

Valimaki/Anderson

Mackey or Kylington/Tanev 

 

if and only if, cause it’s rumoured he’s looking at NJD, but if this were to happen, Is this an upgrade or just paying more for about the same as last year?

 

Massive upgrade imho, and I am not a Hamilton fan boy.

 

He is flawed but exceptional. 

 

Is it enough to change our course?  Nah he is entering his 30s.

 

I don't think it is likely but who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's strangely quiet in Flames-land.  Our needs are as strong as any team's.

Does that point to work being done on just trades?

There are a few FA's I would be looking at and not just trading assets to build a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

 

Massive upgrade imho, and I am not a Hamilton fan boy.

 

He is flawed but exceptional. 

 

Is it enough to change our course?  Nah he is entering his 30s.

 

I don't think it is likely but who knows

 

He aged overnight?

Just turned 28 and now he's 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

 

Massive upgrade imho, and I am not a Hamilton fan boy.

 

He is flawed but exceptional. 

 

Is it enough to change our course?  Nah he is entering his 30s.

 

I don't think it is likely but who knows

That’s Theo thing I was thinking he’s gonna be 30 soon so him and Tanev 30+ I’m not a huge fan of…another option may be Ceci (sp?) maybe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Coleman a lot, but he screams overpay IMO. A little scary to think what he might get 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some unsubstanciated stuff today.

Garrioch saying we are pusjing for Coleman (TBL can sign him probably).

Gaudreau part of deal for Eichel (not much to support that).

 

Vegas signed Martinez, so I don't see thm pushing for Eichel without losing more salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we sign gudbranson, I may puke. Just in the middle of my day, not knowing anything has happened, I may just vomit spontaneously as the ink is drying on the paper before the announcement is even made.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

He aged overnight?

Just turned 28 and now he's 30.

No but he’s gonna be mid 30’s and 30 in 2 years, there are better options for the near and far term (mostly by trade, if we can swing them) than could land a mid 20’s guy to carry you forward kinda like Hanifin or like Hamilton back when we first got him…those types….

 

having said that, we kinda have a split core with Monahan, gaudreau in the same age range as Hamilton so he’s a fit if we keep them or…if we go to our younger core in Anderson, Valimaki and Tkacuck he’s not the best fit…that’s the tricky part, but if they decide to stay with Monahan and Gaudreau, Haamilton fits very well and he’s probably as good or better trade value than Gaudreau so in many ways he would make a ton of sense…hard to say it would totally depend on the plan of Mgt (if any) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Chicago signs McCabe today, it could make Zadorov available. He would be a solid option for the Flames.

 

Brandon Sutter on the right deal would be a solid add for the 4th line.

 

Ondrej Kase could be a good buy low candidate.

 

Tucker Poolman would be solid add for the 3rd pairing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Nice payday for ZH

Nice and it handcuffs the oil for a few years 😊👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Nice payday for ZH

 

Kinda sets the bar for Coleman doesn't it.

I think they are somewhat similar players, but Coleman is a bit dirtier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

No but he’s gonna be mid 30’s and 30 in 2 years, there are better options for the near and far term (mostly by trade, if we can swing them) than could land a mid 20’s guy to carry you forward kinda like Hanifin or like Hamilton back when we first got him…those types….

 

having said that, we kinda have a split core with Monahan, gaudreau in the same age range as Hamilton so he’s a fit if we keep them or…if we go to our younger core in Anderson, Valimaki and Tkacuck he’s not the best fit…that’s the tricky part, but if they decide to stay with Monahan and Gaudreau, Haamilton fits very well and he’s probably as good or better trade value than Gaudreau so in many ways he would make a ton of sense…hard to say it would totally depend on the plan of Mgt (if any) 

 

Max term takes him to 35.  A far cry from Gio's 38.

Not much chance, so I'm not really considering it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Boyd is another guy who would be a cheap option for a bottom 6 role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

If Chicago signs McCabe today, it could make Zadorov available. He would be a solid option for the Flames.

 

Brandon Sutter on the right deal would be a solid add for the 4th line.

 

Ondrej Kase could be a good buy low candidate.

 

Tucker Poolman would be solid add for the 3rd pairing.

 

Sutter sounds like he is staying in VAN.

Pius Suter has a lot of takers.

Kase is a risky but rebound target.

I would prefer McCabe, but Zadorov is a type we could use.

Ritxhie and Poolman have family connections.

 

If anything, I hope that some teams overpay and re forced to make cap deals.

PITTS sounds like they want to get rid of Zucker and Pettersson.

I'm not sure about Petterson, but would it make sense for Lucic trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

 

Sutter sounds like he is staying in VAN.

Pius Suter has a lot of takers.

Kase is a risky but rebound target.

I would prefer McCabe, but Zadorov is a type we could use.

Ritxhie and Poolman have family connections.

 

If anything, I hope that some teams overpay and re forced to make cap deals.

PITTS sounds like they want to get rid of Zucker and Pettersson.

I'm not sure about Petterson, but would it make sense for Lucic trade?

Pius Suter is an interesting one, not sure why Chicago let him walk after a pretty solid rookie season.

 

Not sure where Nick Ritchie would fit in our lineup, but I do get the sense that we are going to look to get bigger and harder to play against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

Sutter sounds like he is staying in VAN.

Pius Suter has a lot of takers.

Kase is a risky but rebound target.

I would prefer McCabe, but Zadorov is a type we could use.

Ritxhie and Poolman have family connections.

 

If anything, I hope that some teams overpay and re forced to make cap deals.

PITTS sounds like they want to get rid of Zucker and Pettersson.

I'm not sure about Petterson, but would it make sense for Lucic trade?

And this is another thing BT may be being tactical here and letting other teams over pay them be forced to trade players to fit the cap…that’s not a bad move either, it could actually be the best route? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Pius Suter is an interesting one, not sure why Chicago let him walk after a pretty solid rookie season.

 

Not sure where Nick Ritchie would fit in our lineup, but I do get the sense that we are going to look to get bigger and harder to play against.

Hopefully we do get bigger and harder to play against, this team is far too soft it’s been proven the past two years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Pius Suter is an interesting one, not sure why Chicago let him walk after a pretty solid rookie season.

 

Not sure where Nick Ritchie would fit in our lineup, but I do get the sense that we are going to look to get bigger and harder to play against.

 

There is some trade talk between CAL and CHI re Zadorov, so the McCabe thing may be done.

Well, at 10am that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I like Coleman a lot, but he screams overpay IMO. A little scary to think what he might get 

I put Garrioch in the same level as Eklund when it comes to the Flames.  He knows nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Pius Suter is an interesting one, not sure why Chicago let him walk after a pretty solid rookie season.

 

Not sure where Nick Ritchie would fit in our lineup, but I do get the sense that we are going to look to get bigger and harder to play against.

 

As a LW, he would make some sense if we were trading Lucic.

But, I would prefer to have a higher skill than a higher grit level.

Suter is going to take his time, with so many teams showing interest.

 

As far as the Pacific, I hope that the Oilers blow all their cap on longer deals.

Hyman and Barrie.

Take a few risky deals like Turris was last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sak22 said:

I put Garrioch in the same level as Eklund when it comes to the Flames.  He knows nothing.

 

He's a broken clock....

He has said some things that do come to pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

He's a broken clock....

He has said some things that do come to pass.

Lol so he’s correct twice a day 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

There is some trade talk between CAL and CHI re Zadorov, so the McCabe thing may be done.

Well, at 10am that is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...