Jump to content
The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Recommended Posts

36 points as a career high. I guess you pay for intangibles? 4.9 is a lot for someone only with such a low career high. Yikes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Now the question is.... whos gonna move to free up room on the left side.

 

Well, if you believe the scuttlebutt, Eichel is coming for Tkachuk.

Means we have available choices of Mangiapane and Gaudreau and Lindholm for top 6.

Maybe he's not a top 6 player, but he could be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Snowbear said:

For coleman is that a good deal or overprooced etc etc


I dunno either. But you look at his numbers and it’s horrible. I’d say a step up from Lucic, but not much more… so I think it’s bad. Another bad play in UFA, paying big to fill a need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

36 points as a career high. I guess you pay for intangibles? 4.9 is a lot for someone only with such a low career high. Yikes! 

 

Played as depth in TBL.

Only has 6 years in the league.

Hyman a career high of 41.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

36 points as a career high. I guess you pay for intangibles? 4.9 is a lot for someone only with such a low career high. Yikes! 

He was at a near 50 point pace pro-rated this year playing on a 3rd line.  It's 600K and one year less than Hyman who benefits from playing with superstars.  Not a great deal, but for someone who complains about speed and effort, this is your guy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m kinda liking the McGinn idea, but he’s another LW…

 

the trouble here is yes like the type of players they are bringing in but it’s in a position we are already far too deep in, there must be something brewing involving Tachuck, Gaudreau and or Manji and Lucic, no way you bring in Coleman and not move Lucic no cap room or position room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was impressed with him in the playoffs but also on a great team.  Again, ok with this one and if it doesn’t workout he likely is someone teams will want for a cup run.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

I’m kinda liking the McGinn idea, but he’s another LW…

 

the trouble here is yes like the type of players they are bringing in but it’s in a position we are already far too deep in, there must be something brewing involving Tachuck, Gaudreau and or Manji and Lucic, no way you bring in Coleman and not move Lucic no cap room or position room

Sure feels like it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sak22 said:

He was at a near 50 point pace pro-rated this year playing on a 3rd line.  It's 600K and one year less than Hyman who benefits from playing with superstars.  Not a great deal, but for someone who complains about speed and effort, this is your guy.


 

I get it, I do like that, just worried about the fit, and price. 
 

but you pay for it in FA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

I’m kinda liking the McGinn idea, but he’s another LW…

 

the trouble here is yes like the type of players they are bringing in but it’s in a position we are already far too deep in, there must be something brewing involving Tachuck, Gaudreau and or Manji and Lucic, no way you bring in Coleman and not move Lucic no cap room or position room

 

Lucic may not be on the way out, but if I had to guess I would say something in the works with Tkachuk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The goaltending market is thinning.  Reimer, Hutton, Dubnyk seem to be the only ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sak22 said:

The goaltending market is thinning.  Reimer, Hutton, Dubnyk seem to be the only ones

 

CAR signing Freddie and Raanta.

WPG signed Comrie, but that is more an AHL deal.

Halak going to VAN.

Elliott going to TBL.

 

Brossoit is available.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

 

CAR signing Freddie and Raanta.

WPG signed Comrie, but that is more an AHL deal.

Halak going to VAN.

Elliott going to TBL.

 

Brossoit is available.

 

Brossoit signed in VGK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

Reimer signed in SJ

Yeah, well maybe they are gonna give Parsons and or Wolf a try? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, robrob74 said:


I dunno either. But you look at his numbers and it’s horrible. I’d say a step up from Lucic, but not much more… so I think it’s bad. Another bad play in UFA, paying big to fill a need. 

 

I would say you don't have a very good handle on who Coleman is as a player if you are going to argue that he is not much of a step up from Lucic. 

 

This is a significant step up from Lucic

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

 

I'm a little concerned about the remaining choices.

 

Conor Bedard still available and realistic though.  More realistic by the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jjgallow said:

 

Conor Bedard still available and realistic though.  More realistic by the move.

 

With that logic, we should sign Jones as goalie and trade for a broken Eichel.

1st overall guaranteed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...