The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Sign in to follow this  
rocketdoctor

No Flames gear for me!

Thought I would treat myself to a Flames hoodie andspread the word in the UK..  Especially as there was a good deal in the Flames store 😁

But $50 for shipping international.  Wow is it really that expensive to post or can they just not be bothered with international orders?

9e2df2d27b0eb57bcbca741e2813f84a.png

8 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Thought I would treat myself to a Flames hoodie andspread the word in the UK..  Especially as there was a good deal in the Flames store 😁

But $50 for shipping international.  Wow is it really that expensive to post or can they just not be bothered with international orders?

Back in early July, I ordered a bicycle on Alibaba and paid $408 for 2-5 day shipping because I wanted it right away.  Six days later when the bicycle didn't arrive yet, I messaged the seller to ask what happened.  They told me 2-5 day shipping means they take the bicycle to the shipping port in 2-5 days.  😡 Holy scammed.  It's mid-August now and my bicycle is still on a boat somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean on its way.

19 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Does the NHL have stores in the UK?  Or sell NHL merchandise in sporting good stores in the UK?

2 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Not too sure if the product cost and shipping will be less but you could try https://shop.international.nhl.com/. I usually use https://www.fanatics.com/ and the shipping is International Expedited 4-10 Days ($24.95) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Does the NHL have stores in the UK?  Or sell NHL merchandise in sporting good stores in the UK?

You do see some but minimal choice and usally its penguins or rags.

7 hours ago, Saymzies said:

Not too sure if the product cost and shipping will be less but you could try https://shop.international.nhl.com/. I usually use https://www.fanatics.com/ and the shipping is International Expedited 4-10 Days ($24.95) 

Thank you.  Must be just the Flames shop does not want international orders.  Weird when the postage is more than the hoodie!!

i will keeep an eye out for the hoodie I want on those sites Saymizes. Thanks for the link

Well you're a smarter man than me RocDoc! A few years back I too decided to treat myself to a flames hoodie. But rather than refusing to pay the expensive postage I added more items to get better value for my postage dollars. I ended up buying a hoodie and a t-shirt for myself and a hoodie and a t-shirt each for both of my kids. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, rocketdoctor said:

I ordered my son his first set of skates today.

Couldn't find anything decent in Canada, had to be them from the US and have them shipped here.

Been a long time since I was buying hockey gear on the regular, never thought there would be an issue finding it in Canada lol.   The US also wouldn't have been my second guess (China)

USA sports sometimes has a small selection of calgary merchandise in the UK and its just normal shipping prices! And strange enough I'm sure sports direct had some hoodies etc 

I am hoping someone may be able to help me! I am coming to Calgary in October and wanting to watch the flyers game could someone help me with where to find ticket information etc or point me to a thread that may have this information! 

Thank you 😊

8 hours ago, Becca257 said:

Thank you so much! I emailed customer services but the reply might have been I don't know 😂 

You could try StubHub closer to the time, the tickets are a bit more expensive due to them generally being resale from ticket holders who aren't able to attend. They also cater for most sporting events if you plan on seeing anything else. 

On 8/29/2021 at 9:26 PM, Becca257 said:

USA sports sometimes has a small selection of calgary merchandise in the UK and its just normal shipping prices! And strange enough I'm sure sports direct had some hoodies etc 

I am hoping someone may be able to help me! I am coming to Calgary in October and wanting to watch the flyers game could someone help me with where to find ticket information etc or point me to a thread that may have this information! 

Thank you 😊

Welcome to the Forums Becca and thanks for the idea to consider USA sports in the UK and sports direct

Unfortunately not a lot in stock at the moment.  Sports direct only have the usal bigger teams  LA, NYR, TML, PIT with the old ducks logo and funnilty enough LV.

Speaking of Flames gear, anyone know where I can find an “accelerator” flames jersey and how much it’d go for? I’d prefer an Iggy one but I’m curious if there are any out there and hopefully they’re not too expensive. Thanks in advance!

85ea2a000999b36d26f55364815dc084--calgar

Hey @rocketdoctor - today I got a smokin' deal at a local shop in Calgary. It's not a hoodie, but I wasn't looking for one...

0wcp1go8uyo71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

yebaj94auyo71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

6bjisdbbuyo71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I strolled into a Sport Chek, and this was 50% off the yellow tag price, so it was $30! I wasn't in the market, but it was too good a deal to leave behind.

I did a quick Canada Post search for a shipping rate based on a package that was 30x30x10, and weighed 1kg. There are seven options, with International Surface being the least expensive. It might take awhile to get to England, but the lowest rate was $28. I don't know if you'd be interested in something like that, but if you are, I don't mind picking one up and sending it your way.

Also, I posted it here in case anyone local is looking for a good deal on a jersey. They have some blanks, and some Johnnys.

Love.

• Like 5

@Heartbreaker

Thank you for the thought!

Great snag!!  

If I was still playing I might have been interested but my days wearing game jerseys around town are long gone!!    Wearing a Johnny jersey on a 280lb frame would just not feel right 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

@Heartbreaker

Thank you for the thought!

Great snag!!  

If I was still playing I might have been interested but my days wearing game jerseys around town are long gone!!    Wearing a Johnny jersey on a 280lb frame would just not feel right 😆

Well, Sir, I will keep my eyes open for you. I don't mind shipping something out to you if there's a deal to be had!

Love.

• Like 4

Good people here. Very good people here. Just another example of it. Kudos Heartmelter. 

• Like 3

do they not have thrift stores in the u.k... and secondly.. try to make a friend on here and get them to ship you a hoodie

f