The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beergirl 1 deleted

2008 Flames Development Camp

Does anyone know if Chris Bruton has an invite to rookie camp as well or was it just for developement camp.

There is only the rookie camp then they have the Camp in Sept I think most of the Rookies get invited to that so I am pretty sure he will be back to the real camp. He looked very good at the camp.

Flamestr

There is only the rookie camp then they have the Camp in Sept I think most of the Rookies get invited to that so I am pretty sure he will be back to the real camp. He looked very good at the camp.

Flamestr

Bruton doesn't have a contract yet though right?

I don't think he does no

Flamestr

You think the Flames should sign him? Or just invite him to camp one more time to see how he matches up against the pros?

You think the Flames should sign him? Or just invite him to camp one more time to see how he matches up against the pros?

Judging by the camp they should sign him he looked very good in the camp

Flamestr

So, nobody has the Aki Seitsonen info I requested about 10 days ago? Or, if no one cares, I'll understand that too. :P

Not only Seitsonen how about Cracknel. These guys played pretty good in the Kelly Cup run. Are they too old for development camp

i'm sure both will be at rookie camp though.

So, nobody has the Aki Seitsonen info I requested about 10 days ago? Or, if no one cares, I'll understand that too. :P

I think Seitsonen signed with a team in Finland. It was announced on the forum a few weeks back and I'm too lazy to go and find a link for it :P

I think Seitsonen signed with a team in Finland. It was announced on the forum a few weeks back and I'm too lazy to go and find a link for it :P

Ah ok thank you, I completely missed it. ;)

Seitsonen is still listed on the flames sight as a prospect.

Pusstinen on the other hand did sign to play in Finland

Considering he isn't at the development camp, it might be tough to scout him...

(the roster link, posted on page 1: http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=368374)' target="_blank">http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...ticleid=368374)[/post]

Are you sure it was Seitsonen? I know Puustinen and Maki have signed in Finland, but I can't remember hearing anything about Seistonen signing.

Considering he isn't at the development camp, it might be tough to scout him...

(the roster link, posted on page 1: http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=368374)' target="_blank">http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...ticleid=368374)[/post]

Uh...that was my original question Barn, why isnt he at development camp.

Uh...that was my original question Barn, why isnt he at development camp.

How many years has he been pro? More than 2 he does not have to be at the camps I thought

How many years has he been pro? More than 2 he does not have to be at the camps I thought

Players who the Flames have rights on, just havn't signed, are eligible as well as players under their first pro contract. So while Boyd has played many NHL games he is still development camp eligible because he is only signed 1 pro contract.

However, the Flames could have given him the camp off. As far as I know he is under contract, hasn't signed anywhere else, and is still in the Flames plans. Could have just told him to stay back in his native land or something.

Players who the Flames have rights on, just have signed, are eligible as well as players under their first pro contract. So while Boyd has played many NHL games he is still development camp eligible because he is only signed 1 pro contract.

However, the Flames could have given him the camp off. As far as I know he is under contract, hasn't signed anywhere else, and is still in the Flames plans. Could have just told him to stay back in his native land or something.

thanks

It looks like Seitsonen, topic on last page, is indeed still a Flames prospect. He is listed on the roster for the main prospect camp.

Prospect Roster

Also included is Adam Cracknell.

It looks like Seitsonen, topic on last page, is indeed still a Flames prospect. He is listed on the roster for the main prospect camp.

http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=381538' target="_blank">Prospect Roster[/post]

Also included is Adam Cracknell.

Jonathan Tremblay too. :lol:

Zero skill, 100% enforcer.

I'm really looking forward this.

Nice interview with Kyle Greentree at the official. Will be someone at the dome to watch the prospects and post training impressions? :PB)