The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlamesFanatic

Mikael Backlund update

..? you just said he wont even be in the AHL.. the NHL is alot harder then the AHL ...duhh..

Please don't pro-create and pass on your genetic material. You are ruining the efforts of others to create a stronger human race.

I said this...

"I think at the current rate, Backlund won't be in the AHL next year even :D"

Notice I put the "even" after instead of before I referred to the AHL. I am referring to a positivity which assumes he will be going above it.

Notice how I've been saying in previous posts how "WELL" he was playing.

Then I even added a smiley face :D

Then on my next post to your question I answer...

"Cuz he will be with the big club?"

So any logical deduction of all those put together should assume that I "think" he will be playing in the NHL next year as opposed to the AHL. Please think before you speak (write).

Please don't pro-create and pass on your genetic material. You are ruining the efforts of others to create a stronger human race.

I said this...

"I think at the current rate, Backlund won't be in the AHL next year even :D"

Notice I put the "even" after instead of before I referred to the AHL. I am referring to a positivity which assumes he will be going above it.

Notice how I've been saying in previous posts how "WELL" he was playing.

Then I even added a smiley face :D

Then on my next post to your question I answer...

"Cuz he will be with the big club?"

So any logical deduction of all those put together should assume that I "think" he will be playing in the NHL next year as opposed to the AHL. Please think before you speak (write).

<_< Your word choice is the reason why I misunderstood, next time please choose your words correctly.

<_< Your word choice is the reason why I misunderstood, next time please choose your words correctly.

You blame others for your own mistakes. You blamed Roberts in the previous thread. Maybe you're the one that needs to think before you speak?

Its not my fault you can't understand complex English.

You blame others for your own mistakes. You blamed Roberts in the previous thread. Maybe you're the one that needs to think before you speak?

Its not my fault you can't understand complex English.

I blamed roberts because 1. bad mood and 2. he was WRONG

maybe you should take your own advice? its not complex english when half the stuff your writing doesnt make sense , duh -_-

I just got miffed when Roberts had a valid opinion and was called an idiot by someone relatively new.

Anyhow I'll stop now. No more from me :D

On the side note, I didn't catch the last game where Backlund got 2 assist when they eliminated the Hitmen. Could someone give me a run down on how he was playing? I only got it on radio since I was a bit busy doing some other things.

I just got miffed when Roberts had a valid opinion and was called an idiot by someone relatively new.

Anyhow I'll stop now. No more from me :D

On the side note, I didn't catch the last game where Backlund got 2 assist when they eliminated the Hitmen. Could someone give me a run down on how he was playing? I only got it on radio since I was a bit busy doing some other things.

He's part of their key offensive line. He and Cody Almond are their big guns, with both of them making pretty plays between each other. Backlund did a nice job during the last game against the Hitmen, it was his twirling around the boards that drew the defense away from the front of the net to get the eventual goal scorer open.

Backlund wasn't great or fantastic, but was still solid. He was in on the winning goal, but that play was more Jamie Benn and Tyson barrie than him. I can't remember his first goal, but I know he didn't play a big part in either goal.

The biggest play involving Baclund was when he got absolutly crushed in the open ice by Michael Stone. IT was one of the bigger open ice hits you'll ever seen. Backlund was trying to exit the defensive zone and thought he had a breakaway so his head was down and Stone aboslutly layed him out. To backlund's credit, he jumped right back up and got to the bench, missed only a shift or two and came right back and was his usual self which I did enjoy. For a guy some call "soft" he came back very strong.

But in terms of the game, he was just ok. Got another breakaway SH off a shot block but couldn't beat Jones on the five hole. Lead some good rushes but overal was his usual self int he series.

Backlund wasn't great or fantastic, but was still solid. He was in on the winning goal, but that play was more Jamie Benn and Tyson barrie than him. I can't remember his first goal, but I know he didn't play a big part in either goal.

Now I kinda disagree with that. The way that he kept moving north and south on the boards drew two men to follow him, as well as the man who should have been covering Barrie moved more into the center ice position to cover for his teammates who were trying to force Backlund off the puck. The fact that these three guys were all out of position, which allowed for the quick pass to Barrie who then passed it to Benn.

Now I kinda disagree with that. The way that he kept moving north and south on the boards drew two men to follow him, as well as the man who should have been covering Barrie moved more into the center ice position to cover for his teammates who were trying to force Backlund off the puck. The fact that these three guys were all out of position, which allowed for the quick pass to Barrie who then passed it to Benn.

Don't get me wrong, i gave him credit but IMO not as much as thought. It was Benn's heads up play to find Barrie comming in from the point more so than Backlund thats all i'm saying. Not saying Backlund didn't play a part becuase he did, but its not like he was the reason for that play thats all i'm saying.

Don't get me wrong, i gave him credit but IMO not as much as thought. It was Benn's heads up play to find Barrie comming in from the point more so than Backlund thats all i'm saying. Not saying Backlund didn't play a part becuase he did, but its not like he was the reason for that play thats all i'm saying.

Fair enough. I should know better than doubt your judgment, since we generally see eye to eye on most issues.

Fair enough. I should know better than doubt your judgment, since we generally see eye to eye on most issues.

So if I poke your eye, then you won't see eye to eye anymore eh?

Hmmm in anycase I really want to see them give Backlund a 9 game stint at least if he can handle it. While we can't expect him to be the next Patrick Kane, can we expect something like a Devin Setoguchi development curve? :D That would be really nice.