The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlamesFanatic

Abbotsford Heat

I'm suprised Flames made the final. My impression was the owner wanted nothing to do with the Flames so he woudln't turn of Canucks fans.

Heat is pretty bad. I didn't mind Storm, but really none of those 4 were particlarily good(outside of Flames which I woudln't want them named anyway becuase i hate that "baby Flames" term).

I thought Jets, Pilots or something like that would have been a better way to go. Oh well. Fans are the ones who will buy the tickets.

What a stupid name. I'm not a fan at all.

Go Heat Go!

Lets go Heat!

It would only work if Wellwod was on the team, beause it would sound like the fans were saying "eat"

Not a big fan. I was really hoping they would be the Abbotsford Jets.

The Heat is just...dumb.

No worries, in a couple of seasons they will be the Yellowknife Pandas.

:P Yellowknife Bi-Polar Bears would be awesomer.

That's a hell of a bus trip to places like San Antonio, though.

Or do they get to fly in the AHL?

They were all terrible choices, although I voted for Ice Hawks.

Heat just reminds me of the basketball team too much, it doesn't work for us. Something avaiation related would have been way better.

*sigh*

I guess we live with it now.

The Heat?

You have to be kidding me....

It's like the Minnesota Wild (a stupid name in my books). Non-plural is not the way to go...

And it's not even like Abbotsford get very hot weather

I guess they chose the name because it had something to do with the Flames (Flames are hot you know 0da16e4ebae3bc97e8f0f76fbc7c8ee547f25f13.gif)

Stupid name though. Oh well.

I like it.

Obviously, "Flames" doesn't sell in the lower mainland and like others have said, "heat" still has something to do with "Flames."

I like it.

Obviously, "Flames" doesn't sell in the lower mainland and like others have said, "heat" still has something to do with "Flames."

Now that I've had a few hours, it's starting to grow on me. By the time September rolls around, we'll be fine with it. :ph34r:

Now that I've had a few hours, it's starting to grow on me. By the time September rolls around, we'll be fine with it. :ph34r:

True dat. I felt the same way about Mustangs when they came out with the new model a few years back. Now I love them. :ph34r:

Any idea what the logo will be like?

True dat. I felt the same way about Mustangs when they came out with the new model a few years back. Now I love them. :ph34r:

Any idea what the logo will be like?

No word yet (the name was only revealed by press release), so I think there will be a unveiling shindig soon. As long as it doesn't look like the Oilers third jersey ... as some early amateur photoshop designs have shown.

Season tickets go on sale at the end of the month.

I like it.

I liked it too and was really glad they picked Heat.

I am surprised so many people don't like it.

It just sounds so wishy washy.

The logo should be an electric heater set to a sensible Medium, or maybe a comfortable sweater.

I just bought an electric blanket. If I set it to level 6 it puts off just the right amount of Heat. I suggest the Electro Blanket as the new mascot.

Put me in the "Like It" category. It's subtle enough to have it's own identity, but also enough to show that they are affiliated with the Flames. I too was surprised that so many people here hated it. Oh well, too bad for you!

The Fraser Valley gets ridiculously hot at times in the summer.

What the has to do with the hockey season, I don't know. I didn't mind the Flames (I assumed that's what they were gonna go with from the start) and the Ice Hawks wasn't bad. Storm was happy.