Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

4,600 posts in this topic

Chairman, you've been in enemy territory before. You know a lot of us use humor to deflect.

Sincerely, Grinch.

Yes a lot of you guys do; particularly the ones I know and who know me. However, when you have some new member who sees a Canucks fan posting here he can get a little uppity. Then there are the guys who will just never respect a Canucks fan no matter what. Not much we can do about that. Also, and I don't know how to say this without sounding condescending, but I sincerely don't want to add to any more of the grief that you guys already feel by being a reminder of how the Canucks are doing well and the Flames are not.

I f..f...f...feel for you guys. :blush:

We are all hockey fans and I've been through the same stuff. No one likes the enemy hanging around when your team is struggling. That stuff is all straight from my heart.

I must say though, that I am probably more devastated by the Sutter removal than you guys are. Indeed, the flame of my own life will shine a little dimmer now that Sutter is gone. I can no longer post (on HF) my Calgary Hillbillies Photoshop with Darryl as Jed Clampett, Brent as Jethro, Regehr as an extremely ugly Ellie May -- and Olli Jokinen as Ellie May's suitor drooling over him/her in the background. And even more devastating for me -- it rips out a big piece of my heart in that I can no longer listen to Flames fans drunk-dial the Fan 960 after a Sutter trade.

I hope that was a decent recovery after getting all sucky and sentimental in the first part of this post.

Equally sincerely, Horton

Yes a lot of you guys do; particularly the ones I know and who know me. However, when you have some new member who sees a Canucks fan posting here he can get a little uppity. Then there are the guys who will just never respect a Canucks fan no matter what. Not much we can do about that. Also, and I don't know how to say this without sounding condescending, but I sincerely don't want to add to any more of the grief that you guys already feel by being a reminder of how the Canucks are doing well and the Flames are not.

I f..f...f...feel for you guys. :blush:

We are all hockey fans and I've been through the same stuff. No one likes the enemy hanging around when your team is struggling. That stuff is all straight from my heart.

I must say though, that I am probably more devastated by the Sutter removal than you guys are. Indeed, the flame of my own life will shine a little dimmer now that Sutter is gone. I can no longer post (on HF) my Calgary Hillbillies Photoshop with Darryl as Jed Clampett, Brent as Jethro, Regehr as an extremely ugly Ellie May -- and Olli Jokinen as Ellie May's suitor drooling over him/her in the background. And even more devastating for me -- it rips out a big piece of my heart in that I can no longer listen to Flames fans drunk-dial the Fan 960 after a Sutter trade.

I hope that was a decent recovery after getting all sucky and sentimental in the first part of this post.

Equally sincerely, Horton

Dang! I want to see that Calgary Hillbillies pic but would never lower myself to visit the Canucks board to see it.

Dang! I want to see that Calgary Hillbillies pic but would never lower myself to visit the Canucks board to see it.

CDC? I never go there.

Canucks roll over fellow Cup Contender Flyers tonight. Now lead all NHL in point% and goals/game. Also near that top in goals against (7th), PP% (2nd), PK% (5th), and 5-on-5 ratio (6th).

Oh, and dominating the league in faceoffs. First place with 57.3% over #2 San Jose by almost 4 whole percent.

Buh bye. You're making us all look bad. dry.gif

;)

Canucks roll over fellow Cup Contender Flyers tonight. Now lead all NHL in point% and goals/game. Also near that top in goals against (7th), PP% (2nd), PK% (5th), and 5-on-5 ratio (6th).

Oh, and dominating the league in faceoffs. First place with 57.3% over #2 San Jose by almost 4 whole percent.

But the Flames & Flyers have better message boards!

& you can find Stanley Cup banners in both buildings.

Congrats on the great stats. It's usually SJ that gets those.

You might want to build a bigger trophy case because the President's Cup is larger then any you have to date.

Don't bother clearing room in the rafters though. Oh yeah, no need as there isn't anything there.

1 person likes this

You might want to build a bigger trophy case because the President's Cup is larger then any you have to date.

Don't bother clearing room in the rafters though. Oh yeah, no need as there isn't anything there.

Excuse me? 2 Conference Championships and several Division banners!

:)

Excuse me? 2 Conference Championships and several Division banners!

:)

Either small rafters or lots of room.

:rolleyes:

Congrats FF52, this is the funniest post I have read on this or any board. Two thumbs way up. I am still wiping the tears off my cheeks.:lol:

No, HUGE banners.

Don it doesn't matter how big the Cansucks organization makes the banners they still don't trump what a Stanley Cup, Presidents Trophy, and 3 Stanley Cup appearances stands for.

I think no matter the size of the actual banner this

13-SaddledomeLoRes.jpg

Is much more impressive than this

2151744798_c03db142de.jpg

Hope that calgary banner font is a lot easier to read when you're in the building..

As far as I'm concerned anyone who's comparing old banners is like a wrinkly old heater looking in the mirror and remembering how hot she once was back in the day. <_<

Anyways.....

Back to the real discussion.

Flames > Canucks, especially in NHL 11.

Anyways.....

Back to the real discussion.

Flames > Canucks, especially in NHL 11.

Who can think of gaming at a time like this? The Flames are without their trusty old rudder! Who will captain and guide this ship?

I'm gonna be nice for a change.

Congratulations to Trevor Linden on his Order of Canada.

I always liked Linden. I think he was best when with the 'Nucks & will always associate him with them.

I'm gonna be nice for a change.

Congratulations to Trevor Linden on his Order of Canada.

I always liked Linden. I think he was best when with the 'Nucks & will always associate him with them.

Yeah I just heard about that this morning. Great stuff. Linden is a class act all the way and will forever be remembered as a great Canuck in many different ways.

Canucks finish out the calendar year by beating the Stars 4-1.

13-1-2 run, Ain't no thang. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Canucks finish out the calendar year by beating the Stars 4-1.

13-1-2 run, Ain't no thang. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Happy New Year Don!

No BS. We can argue next year.

Just for fun, let's see who has done the most "debating" in this thread:

The_Don 302

DL44 220

Kristian_Huselius 93

TheAce 71

Chairman_Maouth 69

bigchief 61

hkiitay 52

Hiphopopotamus 51

littlereddevil 49

Dusty_Foot_Philosopher 48

C_worthy 36

Demonous_Xodus 34

cross16 34

Flyerfan52 28

hurtin_albertan 27

Flame111 25

Hockey_Canada1 24

The_People1 24

CehNehDeh 23

Codes 23

Barney_Gumble 21

kutarna 19

Canucker4Life 17

Louis23 17

senor_incendiarse 15

ren1 14

cinlow 14

Neufy_3 12

iggygiggy 11

Zirakzigil 11

Pyromancer 10

Bwana 8

pross 7

native_YYC 7

flamesfan1991 7

yukonwolf 6

LewisD91 5

Kaine 5

Keys 5

agulati 5

Kipper14 5

IGGYFORPM 4

Wolven 4

r-parkin-12 4

tachaudh 4

Goat90 4

Ark2 3

Snowfighter 3

SWiTCHRiDE 3

coop1105 3

terrainman1 3

hutterite 3

Kurtlovesports 3

C-Life 2

lord_stanley_chaser 2

ALMACfan 2

canucklehead-ch1 2

cmp0420 2

TheJimler 2

iCanada 2

FlamesFanMan 2

thyme-balm 2

mozzeye 2

stp83 2

TurnUpTheHeat 2

stranger 2

delta25 2

methodz 2

nfkevin 2

Bane 2

Kipper_4_PM 2

smokyg 2

The_People 2

Hard_pore_corn 2

nazzy4life 1

Stupid 1

Fleaburn 1

VC_o7 1

javadude 1

Doctor 1

memphusky 1

flamesfan0705 1

ladii_canucklehead 1

DungeonDoug 1

Ameter 1

march1 1

Dean123 1

canucksrock721 1

freakofnature 1

Dogcrazy 1

MrBojangles 1

Flames13 1

slappipappi 1

daze71 1

small_member 1

hewy99 1

Conroy24Regehr28 1

FANATIC18 1

22TheBoss22 1

Fuel_the_Flames 1

AbraCanada 1

calbow 1

P-e-A-c-E 1

MoKombaT 1

chico69 1

dakeyras 1

0mnious 1

ButtersStotch 1

Anie8706 1

geebster 1

jamason 1

4 people like this

Just for fun, let's see who has done the most "debating" in this thread:

I seriously hope there's some way you can access those stats without having to go through this thread from start to finish and count them all up. :o

Don, you really got too much time on your hands. Did you seriously count all 83 pages?

:blink:

I didn't realize that I would be that high on the list. Apparently I'm argumentative. :)

For serious though, you HAD to have found those stats elsewhere...