The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

1) that's based on a cap hit that drags out until he is 73 years old.

2) few outside on Nuckland would rank him significantly higher than 8th best and many would rank him lower, but regardless, he is not substantially better than his pay. I could see if he was indisputably one of the top 3 goalies in the league and getting paid 8th - that would be a discount.

Luongo is just in Top 10 therefore he's getting overpaid.

I could see if he was indisputably one of the top 3 goalies in the league and getting paid 8th - that would be a discount.

But instead he's not even the best goalie on his own team.

On the topic of Edler and if he'd take a hometown discount.

The trend has been that the players that came up in the Canucks system, want to remain. they love the city. Have grown roots, so they sign at a discount. Sedins, Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler...

Hoff was different. He came from another team and out his time in on the contract and was off for his next big payday. Edler falls more in line with the former, not the latter.

1) that's based on a cap hit that drags out until he is 73 years old.

2) few outside on Nuckland would rank him significantly higher than 8th best and many would rank him lower, but regardless, he is not substantially better than his pay. I could see if he was indisputably one of the top 3 goalies in the league and getting paid 8th - that would be a discount.

This was such a good point I didn't bother reading point #2.

Hank's 552 game ironman streak in jeopardy...

Took a puck off the foot... was seen in a walking cast.

Awaiting results of a CT scan later today or tomorrow.

Hank's 552 game ironman streak in jeopardy...

Took a puck off the foot... was seen in a walking cast.

Awaiting results of a CT scan later today or tomorrow.

I believe Iggy is currently third

I believe Iggy is currently third

I thought it was Chris Phillips.

I don't know Iginla's number, but Cogliano hasn't missed a game in his 380 game career.

I thought it was Chris Phillips.

I don't know Iginla's number, but Cogliano hasn't missed a game in his 380 game career.

1) only going on word from a Flames broadcast and not certain, thus the "I believe" comment

2) as for Cogliano, Iggy has not missed throughout Cog's career, so unless Iggy missed the last game of the prior season (which I believe is not the case), Iggy's streak is longer.

Don't know about Phillips

Edit: nope, Phillips missed one in 07-08

1) only going on word from a Flames broadcast and not certain, thus the "I believe" comment

2) as for Cogliano, Iggy has not missed throughout Cog's career, so unless Iggy missed the last game of the prior season (which I believe is not the case), Iggy's streak is longer.

Don't know about Phillips

Edit: nope, Phillips missed one in 07-08

When was Iggy's last miss?

• Angry 1

When was Iggy's last miss?

he only played 70 games in 06-07. I don't know which game exactly, but based on what they said on the telecast that he was somewhere in the 390s, it must have been pretty late in the season

he only played 70 games in 06-07. I don't know which game exactly, but based on what they said on the telecast that he was somewhere in the 390s, it must have been pretty late in the season

After a little digging the last game he missed was Jan. 30/ 07. That puts him at 412.

Just doing a cool comparison of the players on both the teams have.

Career Comparison:

Iginla 505G 545A 1050P. and Tanguay 231G 483A 714P vs H. Sedin 168G 555A 723P and D. Sedin 272G 432A 704P - Iginla Tanguay tandem clear winners over both the Sedins

Career D comparison:

Bouwmeester 278P vs Edler 172P - Bouwmeester has the better career so far

Depth Dman:

Brodie 11P in 40GP 0.741Mil/season vs Ballard 7P in 47GP 4.200Mil/season. Brodie way better choice here

Value Comparison:

Jokinen 45P in 54G = 0.833PPG at 3Mil/season vs Kesler 37P in 45G = 0.770PPG at 5Mil/season - Jokers easily the better valued player

Glencross 18G in 45G = 0.4Goals per game at 2.55Mil/season vs Booth 8G in 33G = 0.242Goals per game at 4.250Mil/season - I would take Glencross any day of the season

Career Goalie Comparison:

Kiprusoff 300W baby! in 576GP for a win% of 0.521 vs Luongo 330W in 709GP for a win% of 0.456 - I'm going with Kiprusoff for Career Stats here!

• Angry 2

Based on the numbers posted, its quite clear Calgary has the better players.. well done.

Can you explain why they haven't made the playoffs since 2009, while the worse team won the president's trophy? Because it seems the flames should of won the cup based on those numbers...

Sorry DL - I will no longer respond to your replies anymore because of how you stated mentally handicap children are annoying. There are many parents that would be furious at what you stated in a private message to me.

Sorry DL - I will no longer respond to your replies anymore because of how you stated mentally handicap children are annoying. There are many parents that would be furious at what you stated in a private message to me.

Thank god.

In the meanwhile..

Career Comparison:

Iginla 505G 545A 1050P. and Tanguay 231G 483A 714P vs H. Sedin 168G 555A 723P and D. Sedin 272G 432A 704P - Iginla Tanguay tandem clear winners over both the Sedins

Iginla 16th season, Sedins 12th season, Tanguay 11th season.

Career D comparison:

Bouwmeester 278P vs Edler 172P - Bouwmeester has the better career so far

JBo 8th season 689 gms played. Edler 353 gms played 6th season

Depth Dman:

Brodie 11P in 40GP 0.741Mil/season vs Ballard 7P in 47GP 4.200Mil/season. Brodie way better choice here

wait.. where are the career numbers?

all of a sudden it's only THIS season that matters? Soooooo Weird.

Value Comparison:

Jokinen 45P in 54G = 0.833PPG at 3Mil/season vs Kesler 37P in 45G = 0.770PPG at 5Mil/season - Jokers easily the better valued player

Glencross 18G in 45G = 0.4Goals per game at 2.55Mil/season vs Booth 8G in 33G = 0.242Goals per game at 4.250Mil/season - I would take Glencross any day of the season

Why not Iginla $7mil.. or Stajan @ $3.5mil.. or Cammalleri @ $6mil..

Or.. Comeau $2.5 vs Burrows $2mil.. or Backlund's ELC vs Hodgson' ECL.

Career Goalie Comparison:

Kiprusoff 300W baby! in 576GP for a win% of 0.521 vs Luongo 330W in 709GP for a win% of 0.456 - I'm going with Kiprusoff for Career Stats here!

Yeah... Luongo hit 300 already, last yr. In fact is the 6th youngest goaltender in History to hit 300 wins.

SEDIN'S CT SCAN CLEAN; CANUCKS CAPTAIN A GAME-TIME DECISION

..Sedin was told that the ankle really can't get any worse if he plays on it, so it will come down to how much pain he can manage..

..Sedin has appeared in 552 consecutive games, the second-longest active streak in the NHL. Jay Bouwmeester of the Calgary Flames sits atop the list at 559 consecutive games..

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Is that all it takes?

Mentally handicapped children are annoying.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Next up:

CANUCKS @ Flames

2 streaks the Flames will try to stop... one way more important than the other..

Vancouver is currently the best road team in the league with their 19-9-1 record.

Currently on a 5 game road winning streak.

Overall they have pts in 8 straight games and are somehow the league's hottest team over their last 10. They've been less than stellar overall despite the wins.... but they've finally picked up their game over the last 2... just in time for calgary on national tv.

---

Kesler. He's going streaking...

He's on a 7 game pt streak now. Last'yr high was a 8 gamer. His career high is a 13 gamer.

7 gms, 6g 1a 7 pts.

within that streak is a current 5 gm goal scoring streak.

On Kesler's current pt streak - Canucks are 6-0-1.

I think the Canuck's record this yr when he has a pt is 26-2-1 - which is ridiculously good. Think about that for a second.. I don't know if there is anyone else who has 25-30+ pts that can come close to that... can they?

Yeah. We suck. :(

They do...

They've been playing like a 500 team for the last month.

They got a pretty good luck factor going with these ot/so wins. I mean 7-0-3 over the last ten is a league best... but 5 of those 7 have come in extra time... 4 of em in the SO. A couple blown 3rd period leads to allow team push it to extra time... Just 4 ROW's in the 14 games!-Not good.

Record right now is just plainly better than they are playing.

All due to the PP... 2/22. blowing all the key ones that would of won em games late.

If they had even an average PP, those would all be legit straight victories with probably an even better record than 7 wins in the last 10.

Matter of time... i mean if this is their slump... awesome. Every team in the league would love to slump like this. Canucks are sitting pretty.

I mean can you imagine how the Red Wings feel right now?? They've won 20 straight at home and still sit only a mere 2 pts up on the Canucks giving up a game in hand... must be frustrating for them.. heh heh..

At the end of the day tho... It's about wins.. and they do deserve full credit for coming thru and snatching wins and scooping points the way they have...

Red Wings problem is they are under .500 on the road all season. 7-8 in last 15 road games.

I have a weird feeling they could lose tonight.

Red Wings problem is they are under .500 on the road all season. 7-8 in last 15 road games.

I have a weird feeling they could lose tonight.

That would be awesome for the battle around the 8th seed... I'll be cheering for it...

I mean.. MacDonald can't keep winning in net can he...