The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

lol @ Nuck fans and their "DEFUNCT" Vancouver Millioniares! No affiliation whatsoever other then a dirty city!

They were NEVER an NHL team, who really cares if for some reason they are associated with a Stanley Cup! That was what 1915? May as well have been the "Memorial Cup"!!! Kudos to you Nuck fans! Kudos!

Next thing you Nucks fans are gonna be tryin to brag bout is a golf tournament championship in April 2013! Then you be trying to claim it was a PGA tourney too, I bet!

But the fact of the matter is, the Nucks wouldn't finish the job, even if it was the game of golf, but I bet the PGA would award you the prize just to shut you arrogant thick headed rioters up!

Please Go Away!

:rolleyes:

lol @ Nuck fans and their "DEFUNCT" Vancouver Millioniares! No affiliation whatsoever other then a dirty city!

They were NEVER an NHL team, who really cares if for some reason they are associated with a Stanley Cup! That was what 1915? May as well have been the "Memorial Cup"!!! Kudos to you Nuck fans! Kudos!

I wonder what "Cyclone" Taylor or the Hockey Hall of Fame would say about that?

cup_eng.jpg

Suck it.

It's on their FOREVER :D

cup_eng.jpg

:rolleyes:

It looks like the words DEFEATED BY are engraved right under VANCOUVER... :lol:

I wonder what "Cyclone" Taylor or the Hockey Hall of Fame would say about that?

cup_eng.jpg

Suck it.

Winnipeg Victorias in 1895-96, 1900-01 & 1901-02. So Wpg. has 3 Cups to Vancouver's 1. :lol:

(We could count the Kenora Thistles in 1906-07 if we were as willing to reach as Canuck fans.)

Winnipeg Victorias in 1895-96, 1900-01 & 1901-02. So Wpg. has 3 Cups to Vancouver's 1. :lol:

(We could count the Kenora Thistles in 1906-07 if we were as willing to reach as Canuck fans.)

Winnipeg > Calgary + Vancouver

Ouch.

If you count Kenora, can we count Victoria and Seattle?

If you count Kenora, can we count Victoria and Seattle?

Do you double the population of either place every weekend it's nice enough to go to the lake? :)

thought that we should update this thread with this article

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403945

Eddie Lack signs a new 2yr contract with Vancouver (of course he would ) but the deal is interesting.

Two way contract in his first year and a one way contract in his second.

Shows he will most likely be in the minors next year and also shows Vancouver most likely will start with Luongo backup to Schnider. Now in 2013-2014 with lack on a one way deal, it almost handcuffs the Canucks to deal Lu before that season starts.

In my mind I feel that the Canucks who were already in a bad place having Lu basically request a trade and the new deal schnider signed limited the amount of negotiations for a better deal, but now signing lack to this contract seems to make there stance even that more slim. As an armchair GM I know with the limited list Lu has provided and if my team was there I wouldnt have to offer much in return knowing Vancouver needs to move him.

You think Luongo will backup Schneider?

based on what... save percentage? his 68 career gms?

Schneider has a lot to proove before dethroning the man... he's got 82 (minus the locked out gms) to show it... and i think history shows that will be a difficult task..

Either way.. Vancouver benefits by having one of the strongest tandems in the league again.

Also.. care to show where Luongo has requested a trade? a misconception.

Anyways.. Eddie Lack signing is solid. Asset management. Joins Tanev as 2 free agent pick ups by Gillis that are pure wins right now. Lots of potential.

You think Luongo will backup Schneider?

based on what... save percentage? his 68 career gms?

Schneider has a lot to proove before dethroning the man... he's got 82 (minus the locked out gms) to show it... and i think history shows that will be a difficult task..

Either way.. Vancouver benefits by having one of the strongest tandems in the league again.

Also.. care to show where Luongo has requested a trade? a misconception.

Anyways.. Eddie Lack signing is solid. Asset management. Joins Tanev as 2 free agent pick ups by Gillis that are pure wins right now. Lots of potential.

Speak about the canucks and the goons come out eh? lol

Lu and the Canucks were trying to trade this off season, lets not kid ourselves that if Florida was willing to part with whatever the Canucks were asking Lu would not be there and schneider would be the starting tender going into next year. So regardless of having Lu there still does not change the fact the Canucks are looking to go with him over Lu why change that fact just because he is still there this year? They will probably share the duties a bit, but I can see Schneider starting in game 1 over Lu.

Gillis added that if Luongo and Schneider were back, they would compete for the No. 1 job. (On his conference call Wednesday, Vigneault had strongly hinted Schneider would start next season as the No. 1. "What happened in the playoffs would be an indication of what might happen moving forward," said the coach.)

as for the trade proof, your kidding right?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/26/vancouver_canucks_goalie_roberto_luongo_asks_for_trade/

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Coach+misspoke+Luongo+trade/6684024/story.html

per Nick Kypreos : Luongo asks for trade. Van didn't even need to ask him to waive NTC. He tells them himself in exit meeting he wants out

You know as well as I that vancouver is pretty bare in the cupboards when Tanev is a pure win for ya.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Speak about the canucks and the goons come out eh? lol

Lu and the Canucks were trying to trade this off season, lets not kid ourselves that if Florida was willing to part with whatever the Canucks were asking Lu would not be there and schneider would be the starting tender going into next year. So regardless of having Lu there still does not change the fact the Canucks are looking to go with him over Lu why change that fact just because he is still there this year? They will probably share the duties a bit, but I can see Schneider starting in game 1 over Lu.

as for the trade proof, your kidding right?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/26/vancouver_canucks_goalie_roberto_luongo_asks_for_trade/

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Coach+misspoke+Luongo+trade/6684024/story.html

You know as well as I that vancouver is pretty bare in the cupboards when Tanev is a pure win for ya.

goon? i gooned you? you are a sensitive little pussycat eh.. heh heh

Semantics... Luongo and the team has maintained all along he would do what's best for the team and that he was open to trade possibilities. A far cry from making a trade demand.

The only source out there in the interweb to the contrary is a tweet from Kyperos? ok.. you run with that.

And no one is kidding anyone (unless you really do think Schneider is better than Luongo right now)... Obviously Schneider would of been the number 1 in the absence of Luongo. That, however, is not equal to 'Schneider is the better goalie than Luongo'. All you have to do is consider 2 factors - contracts, and age - to understand why Luongo is the one the Canucks were shopping (despite my feelings to the contrary).

And here's the beauty of it... there is no need pull any trigger at all this season. It's in the Canucks best interest as a team to maintain their depth at goaltending while they are still a President's Trophy caliber team.

Schneider's decisions last season:

Playoff teams: Pho, NJD, CHI, Bos, Nash, SJ, Pho, Ott, Chi, StL, Det

Non-Playoff teams: Cal, Ana, Dal, Col, Dal, Min, CBJ, Wpg, Buf, Edm, Min, TB, Ana, Car, CBJ, Col, Ana, Min, Edm, Min, CBJ

He was protected if that isn't obvious (but people love to point to the Bos and Chi gms). 68 career games. Never been a starter. And you think he will be the #1 at the beginning of the season on merit... riight.

sorry to goon ya again.

And here's the beauty of it... there is no need pull any trigger at all this season. It's in the Canucks best interest as a team to maintain their depth at goaltending while they are still a President's Trophy caliber team.

I am all for it!

• Like 1

Me too! +1

see? - we can agree on things sometimes.

Edit: I don't think that I can plus you twice, so someone else must have done it at the exact same moment

goon? i gooned you? you are a sensitive little pussycat eh.. heh heh

Semantics... Luongo and the team has maintained all along he would do what's best for the team and that he was open to trade possibilities. A far cry from making a trade demand.

The only source out there in the interweb to the contrary is a tweet from Kyperos? ok.. you run with that.

And no one is kidding anyone (unless you really do think Schneider is better than Luongo right now)... Obviously Schneider would of been the number 1 in the absence of Luongo. That, however, is not equal to 'Schneider is the better goalie than Luongo'. All you have to do is consider 2 factors - contracts, and age - to understand why Luongo is the one the Canucks were shopping (despite my feelings to the contrary).

Schneider's decisions last season:

Playoff teams: Pho, NJD, CHI, Bos, Nash, SJ, Pho, Ott, Chi, StL, Det

Non-Playoff teams: Cal, Ana, Dal, Col, Dal, Min, CBJ, Wpg, Buf, Edm, Min, TB, Ana, Car, CBJ, Col, Ana, Min, Edm, Min, CBJ

He was protected if that isn't obvious (but people love to point to the Bos and Chi gms). 68 career games. Never been a starter. And you think he will be the #1 at the beginning of the season on merit... riight.

sorry to goon ya again.

lol DL love talking Canucks with ya :)

Now I know how you feel about kypreos but he is a sports personality and has some credentials, you dont just make up a story unless there is backlash, and there hasnt been. Actually quite the opposite as reports have been told by various sports media that the Canucks have received a list of teams from Lu ( you dont ask for a list unless your ready to deal )

And i personally would go with Lu over Schneider as well. But I do believe Lu will not be a Canuck in two years and I think you would agree with that. To say well they were shopping Lu due to contract and age is a scape goat, they didnt even have to do that if they stuck with Lu in the playoffs (he wasnt horrible) and you can argue that Schneider did marginally better in the games he took over but at the end of the day Canucks still lost that series and created a media circus and did not handle the hoopla of controversy well ( lots of miss quotes and or off the cuff remarks from coach,gm and Lu.)

But I see your standpoint as a avid Canuck fan, its the same situation (sorta) when Iginla's name gets mentioned as fans we get defensive and believe he wont go anywhere. But media has never reported Iginla has ever givin a list.

BUT BESIDES THAT WHOLE WALL OF navajo fry bread, do you not think the lack contract is a look into the future of what may happen in two years?

EDIT: Oh and You and C need to get a room with your +1ing each other lol

BUT BESIDES THAT WHOLE WALL OF navajo fry bread, do you not think the lack contract is a look into the future of what may happen in two years?

Of course. I think everyone is expecting a X-Lack tandem next year.

That's the suggestion of the contract structure and a foregone conclusion by everyone that one of Schneider or Luongo will not be here. (most will have their money on Luongo of course)

We may get to see his NHL debut this yr if Lack gets called in case of injury or for a taste..

The saving grace for me if we lose an entire season due to the lockout is that the Canucks lose one opportunity to win the Cup, much like the Flames did in 04-05 when the Flames were on top of the world (legitimate Cup contenders had that season not locked out).

The saving grace for me if we lose an entire season due to the lockout is that the Canucks lose one opportunity to win the Cup, much like the Flames did in 04-05 when the Flames were on top of the world (legitimate Cup contenders had that season not locked out).

How about another season knocked off of Luongo's contract? Then its just 5 yrs at $6.7 mil before it drops off...

That could very well backfire. Detroit's older players credit the lockout for giving them a mid-career break and helping them recover for a couple more stanley cup runs a few years later.

That could very well backfire. Detroit's older players credit the lockout for giving them a mid-career break and helping them recover for a couple more stanley cup runs a few years later.

There is a big difference...

Detroit has had a history of success...

Vancouver has not...

It is like comparing apples and oranges...

There is a big difference...

Detroit has had a history of success...

Vancouver has not...

It is like comparing apples and oranges...

Yup. That's relevant....