The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

On 2017-07-12 at 9:01 AM, AlbertaBoy12 said:

He oddly doesnt post much anymore.

Cuz I seemed to have lost access to my account....

3 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Vanek @ $2 million for 1 year is a great deal.

Is it something we should have done? Or is his inconsistency too contagious? 

Benning (apparently) commented on Vanek's experience and professionalism. 

I didn't see the fit on the Flames personally.

Makes sense for Vancouver as they have little depth, arn't very good so best case he shields their young players and then they flip him for a mid round pick at the deadline, win -win.

For Flames I never saw the fit. Can score, but between inconsistant efforts, sub par skating, and being so poor defensively he'd be a tough fit to try and place into the lineup. 

Ya, Vanek is a one dimensional player on the decline who needs top 6 minutes to get 15 to 20 goals.  Flames can't get him those minutes on the LW.  He would be behind Ferland on the LW depth chart. 

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Ya, Vanek is a one dimensional player on the decline who needs top 6 minutes to get 15 to 20 goals.  Flames can't get him those minutes on the LW.  He would be behind Ferland on the LW depth chart. 

Vanek is a RHS that plays either wing.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:03 PM, 44DL44 said:

Cuz I seemed to have lost access to my account....

Also cause your team sucks. Bunch of old farts who trying to keep the tail end of their careers alive. The only one small bright hope is your rookie Brock Lesnar. He's alright, his numbers are inflated due to the amount of empty netters or open nets he's scored. I heard 2-3 goals of his are pucks get deflected off his shin pads, talk about a lucky kid. He's really doesn't have much talent outside of that and on a good nhl team like ours, he probably just be a bottom 6 guy. I suggest canucks try to get a 2nd rounder and a needed dman out of him while you can. Heck we'd probably trade you Shinkaruk back and a 3rd or 4th rounder back for the Brock kid and we be getting ripped off. 

Can't help but notice that there were only 2 posts in 5 months in the Nucks thread during the hockey season...

Pretty much sums up just how relevant they are these days...   :lol:

On 2018-02-14 at 7:23 PM, Carty said:

Can't help but notice that there were only 2 posts in 5 months in the Nucks thread during the hockey season...

Pretty much sums up just how relevant they are these days...   :lol:

If that’s what you’re judging relevancy on, then the Oilers are your life and... that’s it.

41 minutes ago, 44DL44 said:

If that’s what you’re judging relevancy on, then the Oilers are your life and... that’s it.

Hey now, that's not true. We also talk about our incredibly inept powerplay.

8 hours ago, 44DL44 said:

Nope...   The Oilers have also played their way into irrelevancy...   The fact that we heard so much from the media that they were a serious cup contender for most of the season just added fuel to the oil fire....

We had to endure listening to Sportsnet announcers yap on and on about McDavid and the Oilers during Flames games on nights the Oilers weren't even playing...   Meanwhile Monahan 'still' has more goals than McDavid...   and McDavid 'just' caught up to Gaudreau for points...    Up until the 2 recent games when McDavid had big nights, Tkachuk and Ferland had more goals...

I do give Boeser full credit for his skills though...   Looks like you have a good one there...   

1 hour ago, Carty said:

I do give Boeser full credit for his skills though...   Looks like you have a good one there...   

That kid is the real deal. I had desperately wanted to hate him, but I just don't. In fact, I don't hate the Canucks like I used to. Who knew that without the likes of Bieksa, Kesler, and Burrows the bad taste would leave. I don't mind the Sens, but Anaheim can Duck right off. 

Love. 

The Nuck thread comes back to life.:o

Strange how most of us haven't really thought about them since we played our last game of the season against them on December 17.

They had a reasonable start then the wheels fell off as expected.

Like HB, I also don't hate the Nucks like I used to but they still remain my 31st favorite team.

My hate for them became less about team rivalry & more about their vile fans and media; especially during & after their cup run.

Not all of them mind you. You know who you are!:P

This is how I also feel now about the Oiler's fans & media. I felt a wee bit sorry for them for 10 years but now they have transformed into 8ce732650ab148715dc8e6907bef92ff.png.

and yes....Boeser is definitely a keeper...Just hope he continues to play with integrity & not become a diving machine like some of his mates.

6 hours ago, Pyromancer said:

The Nuck thread comes back to life.:o

Strange how most of us haven't really thought about them since we played our last game of the season against them on December 17.

They had a reasonable start then the wheels fell off as expected.

Like HB, I also don't hate the Nucks like I used to but they still remain my 31st favorite team.

My hate for them became less about team rivalry & more about their vile fans and media; especially during & after their cup run.

Not all of them mind you. You know who you are!:P

This is how I also feel now about the Oiler's fans & media. I felt a wee bit sorry for them for 10 years but now they have transformed into 8ce732650ab148715dc8e6907bef92ff.png.

and yes....Boeser is definitely a keeper...Just hope he continues to play with integrity & not become a diving machine like some of his mates.

We don't think much about them because they just have not been lighting it up the last couple of years. By "it", I mean the city. 

• Like 1

On 2018-02-20 at 4:22 PM, Cowtownguy said:

We don't think much about them because they just have not been lighting it up the last couple of years. By "it", I mean the city. 

Wonder which of us will end up the the higher draft pick this year... #lottery

22 minutes ago, 44DL44 said:

Wonder which of us will end up the the higher draft pick this year... #lottery

Sincerely hoping it's the Canucks. I'd much prefer that to the Islanders. 

Love. 

How about those Canucks!? I heard something like they have not scored in 4 games or so, and have been outscored 7-0 in that time. These days, there aren't even enough Canucks fans to burn down a city block! And no, THOSE JOKES WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER GET OLD!

One of the following teams is not like the others! :P

bdb90b2fdd1f0b0e1ebf5cb9f36607f4.png

Looks like someone threw in the Roger Nielson towel. :rolleyes:

Have some pride for your fans & at least look like your trying!

On 3/15/2018 at 5:12 PM, Cowtownguy said:

How about those Canucks!? I heard something like they have not scored in 4 games or so, and have been outscored 7-0 in that time. These days, there aren't even enough Canucks fans to burn down a city block! And no, THOSE JOKES WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER GET OLD!

I think most canuck fans are more than ok with losing right now.... Noone expecting them to be in a playoff spot so the worse they do the better chances at a higher draft pick .

If you compare what the expectations were for both teams heading into the season, Id say its the flames fans who are much more upset with how this season has gone especially in the last 4 games or so that were must wins for Calgary ....

I had forgotten about the canucks to be honest. No one ever really talks about them good or bad. Too bad we finished the season series early.

14 hours ago, TheAce said:

I think most canuck fans are more than ok with losing right now.... Noone expecting them to be in a playoff spot so the worse they do the better chances at a higher draft pick .

If you compare what the expectations were for both teams heading into the season, Id say its the flames fans who are much more upset with how this season has gone especially in the last 4 games or so that were must wins for Calgary ....

You may wish to reconsider that logic. Extending it to other settings is instructive. It is similar to saying that people with low, or no, expectations for their partners are the happiest in their marriages because they just don’t care. She made no real commitment to me, I expected nothing, so I am happier than most even when she refuses to work and cheats. The next one will be better. Alternatively, I don’t expect anything from my government because it is a fascist, tyrannical state after all and I already know that they are coming for me. As such, I am much happier than those dolts who live in democracies and don’t get everything they want. They had expectations while I was content having none. The next one may be better. By your own admission, the slogan for the Canucks should be “No hope, no despair, nobody cares.” I suppose that works for some.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cowtownguy said:

You may wish to reconsider that logic. Extending it to other settings is instructive. It is similar to saying that people with low, or no, expectations for their partners are the happiest in their marriages because they just don’t care. She made no real commitment to me, I expected nothing, so I am happier than most even when she refuses to work and cheats. The next one will be better. Alternatively, I don’t expect anything from my government because it is a fascist, tyrannical state after all and I already know that they are coming for me. As such, I am much happier than those dolts who live in democracies and don’t get everything they want. They had expectations while I was content having none. The next one may be better. By your own admission, the slogan for the Canucks should be “No hope, no despair, nobody cares.” I suppose that works for some.

On the other hand, there is a reward for being bad. I get what you're saying though. I too would rather go down fighting than walk away not caring.