The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

Well shouldn't the team be based off of stats. I clearly think that Jokinen is better than Kesler and that Dawes is better than Burrows or Raymond, but your line-up doesn't show that. It should be less subjective to your thoughts, less biased thumbsup.gif

[quote name='DungeonDoug wrote:

Flame111']The greater concern for me though is not this game BUT the upcoming Olympics, imagine the embarrassment to Canada. It would be on a Epic level and shame the whole nation in front of the world. I think there should be an immediate law passed at least in BC that anyone caught in possession of a laser at a sporting event is not only ejected but has criminal charges filed against them. 

There is absolutely no reason to have this device on you at a sporting event other than to interfere with the game or event being played and it can legally be considered an assault with a weapon . It could be used to blind athletes in a number of Olympic events...

I totally agree with this post.  Canada will be the laughing stock of the world if this happens during Olympic, it's bad enough that they scream Luuuuu.....every routine save by Luongo. 

There is another security issue as well, it's a lazer pointer this time, who or what to stop him bringing something more dangerous next time?  Or during the Olympics?

On another note, may be we shouldn't lump all canucks fans as douche, however, the Canucks organization should be called into question.  How on earth do they NOT able to locate the person until Lowry complain to the ref? Have the organization put out an apology to the league, Flames and the fans in general that something ridiculous like that happened in their barn and under their watch?  Do they think it's nothing, it's just some silly fans doing silly things? Or they are condoning it, because the fan is trying to help the team win?

Nice to see the Canuck's fans boo 7uongo and the gang. Class acts right there. I can't ever remember Calgary getting boo'd off the ice in their own barn, let alone 3 games into the season.

Any regrets signing the contract 7?

[quote name='The_Don wrote:

Kristian_Huselius']Nice to see the Canuck's fans boo 7uongo and the gang. Class acts right there. I can't ever remember Calgary getting boo'd off the ice in their own barn, let alone 3 games into the season.

No, they only boo their home countries star players for nothing.

I watched the entire game, and didn't hear a whole lot of booing.Dude the even made comment of it on Sports Center. Take off those Nux Gogs. happy.gif From the Blues forums:

roberto-luongo-for-dummies.png

Yeah, because TSN is the best place to get info on a West Coast hockey team....

Does it matter? I guess TSN piped in all that sound. Besides I can't stand watching Sportsnet:

don_taylor_150x217_150_150.jpg

"Your going to like Roberto, wearing the old number 1 like some loser play no one ever could remember, 7uongo's nuts as much as I do heeebbaa geeeba kapow zang gibberish"

I guess he is not for everybody. If you want the same ol' boring "Crosby scores, that is his 21st of the year, and the Penguins win 3 to 2" than good for you.
Onrait and O'Toole are a bit more inventive than that, and they change it up.

hkiitay wrote:

The_Don wrote:

Kristian_Huselius wrote:

The_Don']

I guess he is not for everybody. If you want the same ol' boring "Crosby scores, that is his 21st of the year, and the Penguins win 3 to 2" than good for you.

Onrait and O'Toole are a bit more inventive than that, and they change it up.

Yeah, they aren't bad. They worst ones are the SNET guys other than Don. Lang, Portuando, and Ivanka Osmak are just terrible.
All the Flames' broadcasters are good though.

Rogers SNet: Peter Loubardias (I miss Roger Millions though); TSN: Chris Cuthbert; CBC: Marc Lee (wait... that doen't sound right...).  I really dislike a lot of the eastern guys, like the sabres guy has a really annoying voice.  And then there's the "Hey hey whadya say..." guy.  Bob Cole's okay, but he can never say European names correctly.  Has he ever pronounced Kabrle right?  I once heard him say it three different ways on one shift:  Kabrelay, Karbrulay, and Kayberlee. Come to think of it, it may have only been two, but whatever.

does Jim Hughson still do Canucks CBC??

Jim Hughson is the main guy in HNIC now. He does the early game, which is usually Toronto.

But I was talking about anchors for the highlight shows, not play-by-play guys.Word, which it too bad for us Westerners alike (despite I hate "GREAT SAVE 7UONGO!") and for the record I hate Loubardias.

Should we start calling Kipper "Ki6666off"?

one for each time he allowed 6 goals in a game last season.

Why not just Ki666off? Kipper is Satan?

But still until you paint it on a sign and take it to a game, and then get on HNIC with that sign, it doesn't hold water. How about Kipru3-0ff? For being 3-0?

How about Kipper 4 V351N@ #2?

Yeah, because TSN is the best place to get info on a West Coast hockey team....
Today TSN ran a feature story on 7uongo getting boo'd off the ice, and general suckage during Sports Center.

Best part of the segment:

7uongo: "Unfortunately I got beat a few times backdoor." (Referring to game against Columbus). Then TSN proceeds to show 7uongo letting in 3 goals in a row all wristers from outside the faceoff dots. I guess 7uongo's idea of getting beat backdoor is totally different from most other people's.

Don't hate the messenger.

Kristian_Huselius']Sorry Don I was wrong to call him 7uongo, Luon5o is much more realistic.

Yes, how dare any goalie give up 5 goals. He should be bannished to the ECHL.

Maybe we should start calling Jarome Iginl0, for the 0 goals he scored last night.The ECHL Don? Thats pretty harsh. Maybe banish him to the LA Kings.

hurtin_albertan']This thread is so quiet when the Canucks are losing...weird.

Which is wierd, because I am sure KH has a bus load of intelligent things to say that are proven to be true by a Canucks loss.I know my wit is drying up like the US economy.

[quote name='DL44 wrote:

The_Don wrote:

Tough loss for the Flames tonight. I wonder if KH was watching tonight...

Kristian_Huselius']Nice to see the Canuck's fans boo 7uongo and the gang. Class acts right there.
I can't ever remember Calgary getting boo'd off the ice in their own barn
, let alone 3 games into the season.

Was waiting for that reference...

after the 2nd AND after the game...
No team is immune to such treatment from their fans after such a 'lackluster' performance.
Looking for a fanbase that has never done so is virtually impossible.
Trying to label a whole fanbase as classless because of it, will be deemed hypocritical everytime.... matter of time...

easy to write off K_H as just a random poster attempting to pile on... no biggie... he's busy eating crow now....
after reading a bit of the GDT, he was hoping for a 15-1 finish....I don't know how you hope for that and not expect a serenade of boo's from fans...
just another hypocritical anonymous poster. what can ya do...

On a thread related point... the poor Vancouver PK (21st ranked tonight) has surpassed the flames PK, which has dropped from 16th to 25th on the night ... (last yr's PK rank - 4th)
I am pretty anonymous all right with my 2000+ posts. At least I come to post win OR LOSE.

Kristian_Huselius wrote:

DL44']

Was waiting for that reference...
after the 2nd AND after the game...
No team is immune to such treatment from their fans after such a 'lackluster' performance.
Looking for a fanbase that has never done so is virtually impossible.
Trying to label a whole fanbase as classless because of it, will be deemed hypocritical everytime.... matter of time...

easy to write off K_H as just a random poster attempting to pile on... no biggie... he's busy eating crow now....
after reading a bit of the GDT, he was hoping for a 15-1 finish....I don't know how you hope for that and not expect a serenade of boo's from fans...
just another hypocritical anonymous poster. what can ya do...

On a thread related point... the poor Vancouver PK (21st ranked tonight) has surpassed the flames PK, which has dropped from 16th to 25th on the night ... (last yr's PK rank - 4th)

I am pretty anonymous all right with my 2000+ posts. At least I come to post win OR LOSE.

Hear anything interesting the other night from the crowd?

wait.... do I know you?Well you win this round, at least the Flames fans managed to hold a little dignity and were able to refrain from throwing trash on the ice.

[quote name='Kaine wrote:

hurtin_albertan']

Dear Flames fans,

Please don't gloat. The Hockey Gods hate gloaters.

After 20 years of playing, watching and living hockey I don't believe in "the hockey gods".

Call me a hockey Atheist.

+1. If there was hockey gods the Canucks would miss the playoffs every year.

Everyday I look and still hope to see the Canucks losing, because I don't want to see them pushing for the title. However its a good thing the Flames are winning, because so are the Canucks. It is huge for Calgary to hold onto the Division. there is going to be a WAR for the 8th spot. Vancouver, Detroit, heck even the Coilers are on a tear. Dallas is in the mix there, and never count out what Anaheim could do (like they did last season). We can laugh at Minnesota, but they are 7-2-1 in their last 10 and only 4 points out.

Its going to suck to be in the 6 - 10 position down the stretch.