The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

Seriously though, if you click on "replies" beside a topic, it gives you the list.

Lol yup it does.

http://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=who&t=5761

That kinda sucks though Don. You would have achieved legendary status if you actually counted them all up.

On every NHL board that exists you would hear people saying, "That's nothing, listen to what this crazy 'Nucks fan did on the Flames board!! :P

• Like 1

Just for fun, let's see who has done the most "debating" in this thread:

The_Don 302

^^^ "is a tale; Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - WS

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I see included in this thread are 93 of the most useless contribute-nothing posts on the whole board... poster shall remain nameless. heh heh

Anyone see the end of the game flurry by the Avs vs the canucks last night?

incredible pressure, and they had 7 skaters for a good portion of the final seconds...

completely missed by everyone... Would of been extremely interesting to see what would of happened if they actually scored..

Canucks have now moved into 1st overall.. tied with pts, but with gms in hand.

Don't think i ever remember them 1st overall this late in the season...

Calgary with their 4 gm win streak... up and down night for them last night standings wise...

Yotes-Wild gm turns into a 3 pt gm, Ducks win... but the Hawks, Blues, and Jackets all lose. 5 pts lost, but 6 pts gained.. Win!

This dance that's going on with the standings is amazing this yr!

Edit: Preds won too..

Canucks do it again! They haven't won in San Jose since '07, but they get it done in a close game tonight!

Won 6 straight, and on a 15-1-2 run. And Schneider is now 7-0-2 on the season.

:)

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Tambellini with a rough game...

Schneider was solid.

Kesler was great

The D was awesome

Torres struggled to be effective

Sedin line was very good

The best part - they took over the game in the 3rd when it was on the line... The canucks worked the sharks like I've haven't seen in yrs

Interesting tidbit....

The last time the Canucks were the number 1 team in the league...

7 yrs ago.

January 13th, 2004. They were tied with.... wait for it... waaaaait for it... the Toronto Maple Leafs! heh heh. Caps, Pens and Hawks all were basement dwellers..

2 months later, the Bertuzzi incident - leading goal scorer gone... 3 months later, losing to the Flames in the 1st round.

Interesting tidbit....

The last time the Canucks were the number 1 team in the league...

7 yrs ago.

January 13th, 2004. They were tied with.... wait for it... waaaaait for it... the Toronto Maple Leafs! heh heh. Caps, Pens and Hawks all were basement dwellers..

2 months later, the Bertuzzi incident - leading goal scorer gone... 3 months later, losing to the Flames in the 1st round.

So who's going to ruin it for you this time? :)

So who's going to ruin it for you this time? :)

maybe..

the Hawks in the 1st round!

maybe..

Sharks in round 2!

maybe..

Wings in round 3!

maybe..

Pens/Flyers/Caps in the Finals!

maybe..

no one?

One things almost for sure... Won't be the Flames! :P

Another interesting tidbit in that I believe the 7uongo thing originated from a Flames fan.

In the last 3 games against the Canucks, Kipper has a 7.77 GAA.

Thanks for bringing that up I wanted to have a glimmer of hope heading into tonight.

Another interesting tidbit in that I believe the 7uongo thing originated from a Flames fan.

Triple 7s pays out big!

Thanks for bringing that up I wanted to have a glimmer of hope heading into tonight.

Here's the hope part.

Canucks just got off a road trip where they played 3 games in 4 nights against top teams and won every game. Now they're back home and facing a team that has struggled this year. That's a recipe for a Flames win. The Canucks could coast this one and think that's all they have to do to win and the Flames could make them pay. It's a classic trap scenario.

If the Canucks beat the Flames tonight I'll be even more impressed with this team than I was the last game in San Jose. Not to mention the fact that I'm pretty sure Jarome and the boys are getting a little tired of being dominated by the Canucks. If they play with pride tonight it will be a tough game.

Here's the hope part.

Canucks just got off a road trip where they played 3 games in 4 nights against top teams and won every game. Now they're back home and facing a team that has struggled this year. That's a recipe for a Flames win. The Canucks could coast this one and think that's all they have to do to win and the Flames could make them pay. It's a classic trap scenario.

Seen that a lot. Beat good teams on the road & play a low ranked team on the return. They start to see it as a "gimee".

Meanwhile the lower placed team knows they have to bring their "A" game so play their rears off. Coaches warn about it & fans are frustrated by it but it keeps happening. I remember seeing it in the days when the Jets were a WHA powerhouse.

In order for Kipper to keep his 7.77 GAA over the last 3 canuck gms going...

Kipper would need to be pulled @:

07:43 of the 1st after giving up 1g, or

15:27 of the 1st after giving up 2g, or

03:10 of the 2nd after giving up 3g, or

10:53 of the 2nd after giving up 4g, or

18:36 of the 2nd after giving up 5g, or

06:20 of the 3rd after giving up 6g, or

14:03 of the 3rd after giving up 7g

or

Give up the winner to the Canucks at 1:47 of OT in what would be a 8-7 loss.

I would LOVE to see the last scenario.

Raymond came back at a perfect time.... he's been playing great against the Flames the last few games.

Damn Luongo. 3 times this year he loses the shutout with a meaningless goal against in the last minute! :lol:

But seriously, you know a team is rolling when they can play like they did last night and still almost come out with a shutout victory. Not eve close to the effort they put in against San Jose, but they come out on top. I think there was two differences in the game last night. One was Luongo, he was as sharp as could be. The other was the confidence offensively allowed the Canucks to score goals even though they were outshot and outchanced.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

That's a lot of lost shutouts!

3 last minute, mean nothing goals...

he has 2, could of had 5.

AV rewarding his 4th line to close out vs Calgary's 4th line and it comes back to bite Luongo's stats pack. Oh Well...

Career yr for Tim Jackman for Goals already... with 6.

Actually ranks 7th on the Flames in goal scoring... Iggy, Bourque, Tanguay, Jokinen, Hagman, Glencross and then... Jackman.

Same amount of goals as Malhotra and more than Morrison, Gomez, Bolland, Cogliano, Hudler, Lupul, Gagne, Ponikarovsky, Stajan, Rolston, Avery...

One point from tying his career yr in that category...

• Like 1