The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

Cool fact. Looks like the Flames are on pace to have the same amount of 15+ goal scorers as the Canucks.

Considering we're some 15 points behind the Nucks, guess that's a win for the Flames. ;)

Cool fact. Looks like the Flames are on pace to have the same amount of 15+ goal scorers as the Canucks.

Considering we're some 15 points behind the Nucks, guess that's a win for the Flames. ;)

You'll like have 15 less playoff wins than the Canucks as well.

Kesler - 33

Daniel - 32

Samuelsson - 18

Burrows - 17

Henrik - 15

Torres - 13 (pace for 16)

Raymond - 11 (pace for 14)

Iginla - 27

Glencross - 20

Bourque - 19

Tanguay - 17

Moss - 16

Jokinen - 13 (pace for 16)

Hagman - 11 (pace for 14)

Interesting comparison. Both should have 6 and possible 7. Wanna compare 30-goal scorers now? :P

Interesting comparison. Both should have 6 and possible 7. Wanna compare 30-goal scorers now? :P

That depends... Is this the fake (yet awesome) persona or is it the_one? :lol:

Kesler - 33

Daniel - 32

Samuelsson - 18

Burrows - 17

Henrik - 15

Iginla - 27

Glencross - 20

Bourque - 19

Tanguay - 17

Moss - 16

Wanna compare number of Stanley Cup wins? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Enough said.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Giodrano 5g 29pts

Babchuk 7g 22

JBouw 4g 17pts

Regher 2g 16pts

Sarich 3g 13pts

Pardy 1g 7pts

White 2g 6pts

Staios 2g 5pts

Mikkelson 1pt

Total: 26g 116pts

VS

Ehrhoff 10g 38pts

Edler 8g 32pts

Bieksa 6g 19pts

Hamhuis 4g 18pts

Alberts 1g 7pts

Ballard 2g 5pts

Salo 1g 4pts

Rome 4pts

Sweatt 1g 2pts

Tanev 1pt

Total 33g 130pts

D has factored in 14 more goals this yr...

Difference in the 2 teams overall: 14 goals...

Kesler - 33

Daniel - 32

Samuelsson - 18

Burrows - 17

Henrik - 15

Iginla - 27

Glencross - 20

Bourque - 19

Tanguay - 17

Moss - 16

Woohoo for my Century post!!!

Iginla >> Kesler - Iggy is a true sniper. Who has won a Olympic Gold Medal, been the the finals and doesn't dive when he has a slight touch on him.

Glencross = D. Sedin - Sedin's goals are inflated playing with his brother. If you have Daniel by himself, he would likely only get 20 Goals / season. Glencross is much tougher around the boards and a smarter player.

Bourque > Samuelsson. Borky has more goals right now and more of them are highlight goals rather than garbage rebounds that Samuelsson gets.

Tanguay >>> Burrows - Burrows goals are open netters. He gets about 10 goals a year that are complete open netters which even I can score. Either that or they are real empty netters where the goalie isn't even there! Without those ten open netters, he's got only 7 this year which is much <<< Tanguays 17.

Moss > H. Sedin - Henrik is only a passer. Moss can snipe and pass.

Jokinen >> Torres - Jokinen has way more points and was a top player of a team in the past. What has Torres done?

Hagman > Raymond - Raymond is a very spotty player is only able to score in little bunches.

So Calgary is 6-0-1 when comparing top scorers to top scorers! lol

What else you want to compare?

Enough said.

Do you understand that when you say "enough said" that you should stop talking? Otherwise it makes no sense.

Do you understand that when you say "enough said" that you should stop talking? Otherwise it makes no sense.

That was directed to Donnie,

But my next reply was just a posting to everyone in general.

That was directed to Donnie,

But my next reply was just a posting to everyone in general.

You quoted the EXACT same post. Next time, END with "enough said".

^ no way! keeping going.. Derf is proving to be so courageous to come into the Canucks-Flames thread to challenge the quality of his hated rivals..

Its the same level of courage he lives and breaths every single day of his life.. especially at work as he's stated in the past.

Derf >> K_H

1-0 Derf!

With Iginla closing in on 1000 pts, i started looking around at the stats a bit...

He's 10th amongst active players in scoring.... (Recchi, Modano, Selanne, Lidstrom, Weight, Alffy, Kovalev, Karyia and Thornton)

Between now and 1000, he will pass Dave Keon, Paul Karyia and Rick Middelton.

He ranks 80th all-time in scoring right now..

2 pts to 79th, 4 pts to 78th, 5 pts to 77th.

Ranked 51st in goals... 4 back of Mogilny for 50th all time.

Those are some pretty sick all-time ranks..

Just outta curiosity...

Henrik ranks 36th in scoring for active players...Daniel 40th. Tanguay is 33rd, Langkow is 38th.

Henrik is 7a away from 500 in his career. He already ranks 125th all-time in the category. Will be top 100 all-time during some time NEXT season.

The twins rank 243rd(H) and 261st(D) in scoring all-time.

End of next season (another ~100 pts from now) they will be in the top 175... not too shabby.

Henrik could become the Canucks leading all time scorer by next season (Naslund 756pts)... 110 pts away (if he gets 15 more this season, will need an outstanding 95 pt season next yr)..

The Twins would rank as 4th and 5th all-time Flames right now... behind Iginla(984), Fleury(830) and MacInnis(822).

Daniel is ranked 280th in all-time goals(240g)... but needs just 38g to jump 80 spots to move into the top 200.

Quite surprised that the humble sounding numbers of the Twins rank so high historically.. will be interesting see where they end up when all is said and done.

Glencross = D. Sedin - Sedin's goals are inflated playing with his brother. If you have Daniel by himself, he would likely only get 20 Goals / season. Glencross is much tougher around the boards and a smarter player.

Moss > H. Sedin - Henrik is only a passer. Moss can snipe and pass.

The gold just keeps on coming from you! I'm kind of surprised none of the resident Canuck fans have ripped this apart yet, but then again they're probably just tired of entertaining you. I couldn't leave these two alone though, they're just priceless.

Glencross = D. Sedin...You have ZERO evidence on which to base your claim that Daniel's goals are inflated due to playing with Henrik. Regardless, only in your world is Glencross a smarter player than either Sedin...we're talking about two of the most cerebral players to ever play the game. Their hockey sense is off the charts. What's the number one knock on Glencross by Flames fans on these boards? That his mental game is weak. In addition, if you've ever watched them play, you would know that the Sedins are as good along the boards as anybody. Why do you think they're so effective offensively? Not only are they deadly on a rush in open ice, but they also turn cycles into goals better than any other line. You don't do that by being weak on the boards. The Sedins protect the puck and make a play from the boards as well as or better than anybody in the league. Regardless of who plays with who, you cannot compare a 240 goal scorer (D. Sedin's NHL regualr season total so far) to a 64 goal scorer (Glencross). It's beyond ridiculous.

Moss > H. Sedin. Ok, now I have officially seen it all in the world of hockey-related message board posts. You consistently claim that your posts are based on facts and evidence - tell me, what facts are you using that have mislead you in such a hilarious manner? Since when is a career depth forward better than the defending Art Ross and Hart trophy winner? Again if you even slightly paid attention to the game, you would know that when Daniel missed 20-odd games early last season with a broken foot, Henrik shut up all the critics who said that he was only a passer that couldn't produce without his brother by finding another gear altogether and doing the goal scoring himself. So your claim that "Henrik is only a passer" is flat out wrong. Without even going into their respective career stats, suffice to say that Henrik pisses David Moss when he wakes up hungover.

You sir are so far out to lunch there is no bringing you back. But thanks for the laugh.

The gold just keeps on coming from you! I'm kind of surprised none of the resident Canuck fans have ripped this apart yet,

Duuuhhhh... because there's NO WAY we can truly formulate any sort of worthy comeback that can trump the classic ">" / "<" argument he's made.

especially when he shows he means business when doubles and even triples up: << or <<<... like whoa..

We have all been stymied..

Off topic... i don't think i've ever written the word 'stymied' before.. weird...

Stymied. stymied... hmmft.

Woah. He's got Flames fans arguing pro-Canucks!

You have entered the Twilight Zone.

Is that the same twilight zone where people pretend to be a 77 year old ex-professional athlete and a true Canadian icon that played in both the NHL and CFL?

btw... According to your birthdate October 22, 1934, if you were indeed Gerry James as you claimed... You would in fact be 76, not 77...

Simple math... And here all this time I thought you might be better at it with your self proclaimed knowledge of "never played the game but learned it all on the internet stats"....

:lol:

Is that the same twilight zone where people pretend to be a 77 year old ex-professional athlete and a true Canadian icon that played in both the NHL and CFL?

btw... According to your birthdate October 22, 1934, if you were indeed Gerry James as you claimed... You would in fact be 76, not 77...

Simple math... And here all this time I thought you might be better at it with your self proclaimed knowledge of "never played the game but learned it all on the internet stats"....

:lol:

You can't blame old people for forgetting their age, show some respect.

You can't blame old people for forgetting their age, show some respect.

Alright then... I'll chalk it up to Alzheimer's I guess... :lol:

Alright then... I'll chalk it up to Alzheimer's I guess... :lol:

chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)

It's the disease o' the day for ex footballers and NHLers.

Image moved from The Playoffs, Numbers And Other Stats thread to it's rightful place. :P

SedinThong.jpg

To stay on topic, you needed to compare that pic with a pic of flames panties...

Only then can we have a proper discussion about it.

emb-granny-panties_0.jpg

What do you expect? The team is the 2nd oldest in the league...hehehe. :)