The Official Site of the Calgary Flames
Hockey_Canada1

Discussion & Debate Thread: Flames and Canucks

Back to back Art Ross trophies without even scoring a point/game? Now THATS impressive.

You could say he's right; they didn't score at exactly a point per game pace. They scored higher than that. :D

You could say he's right; they didn't score at exactly a point per game pace. They scored higher than that. :D

Touche.

Well, in his defense, we threw him under the bus after one game.

He did not like up to snuff in any game he played. Especially against the US. In such a short tournament you can't have a long leash. They made the right choice in the end, and no matter what anyone whats to say, they can't take the Gold Medal victory away from Luongo.

Back to back Art Ross trophies without even scoring a point/game? Now THATS impressive.

Can you blame him for sticking up for his players? It's gotten out of control in Vancouver.

Martin Brodeur couldn't.

What I am trying to say is Feaster is able to make good value signings for like Tanguay at $3/Mil per season for a pt/game type of player. Where as the Canucks have been handing out ridiculous contracts this last while.

For Example

Ballard $4.2Mil for what? 7 pts last year, 1pt so far this year and a -7 (Horrible Signing)

Bieska $4.6Mil vs $4Mil for Ehrhoff - Bieska got 1 pt this year and is a -9! lol

Hamhuis $4.5Mil another horrible signing.

Basically on Defence Ballard+Bieska+Hamhuis < Ehrhoff

Sturm $2.25Mil for what? an injured player. Somehow Gillis was able to convince him the team wanted him here in Vancouver and then in just 6 games ships him out. Way to make other free agents want to come to your organization.

Trading for a $4.25Mil Broken down phone Booth.

Anyways I was just listing out these facts at how Vancouver fans wish they had Feaster has a GM

• Like 1

^ Color me shocked derf..

You disappeared before accepting the following bet from earlier in this thread derf...

you still willing to take the bet?

or are you pumping the flames tires just to make yourself feel better and don't actually believe the stuff you write....

Looks like i'm winning DL... Canucks are closer to 10th! hahahahaha

Canucks blew their load last year and got no reserves.

Bet you guys wished you have a prospect like Horak right now instead of the Slow and handless hodgson! - Horak was a Monster last night! =)

• Like 1

Bet you guys wished you have a prospect like Horak right now instead of the Slow and handless hodgson! - Horak was a Monster last night! =)

LOL. Out of context and it's hilarious.

• Like 1

And the Flames are closer to 15th in the conference than the division lead...

last yr the canucks started 10-7-3...

a little early to start gloating eh... but keep it going... will make it funnier at the end..

And the Flames are closer to 15th in the conference than the division lead...

last yr the canucks started 10-7-3...

a little early to start gloating eh... but keep it going... will make it funnier at the end..

would you like to up the ante - loser cannot post on Calgaryflames board under their current alias for the next season 2012-13?

• Like 1

would you like to up the ante - loser cannot post on Calgaryflames board under their current alias for the next season 2012-13?

oooo... so tempting... (altho you would surely come back under another name unfortunately)

Not under the same 3 to 1 terms...

We'll keep the original bet as is..

but have the one yr ban bet for something more simple...

Whichever team is higher in the standings - wins.

- Flames higher - you win..

- Canucks higher - i win..

nice and simple.

Question is... do you have the faith in your team...

We'll get the mods to enforce a ban (ip ban would be nice).... unless you get yourself banned before then of course...

DL, please take this bet. It might clear up some of the discussions we attempt to have around here. ;)

DL, please take this bet. It might clear up some of the discussions we attempt to have around here. ;)

I thought it was a fair bet but he had to change the conditions around... guess DL44 was scared.

oooo... so tempting... (altho you would surely come back under another name unfortunately)

Not under the same 3 to 1 terms...

We'll keep the original bet as is..

but have the one yr ban bet for something more simple...

Whichever team is higher in the standings - wins.

- Flames higher - you win..

- Canucks higher - i win..

nice and simple.

Question is... do you have the faith in your team...

We'll get the mods to enforce a ban (ip ban would be nice).... unless you get yourself banned before then of course...

Yes we can come back as another Alias but who wants to change their alias for a whole year... it sucks. you build up a rep and etc. It's a fun bet!

Why not just up the wager to our original bet? have you loss some faith in your original conditions? We don't need to change no conditions around. same conditions - higher wager!

• Like 1

I thought it was a fair bet but he had to change the conditions around... guess DL44 was scared.

Yes we can come back as another Alias but who wants to change their alias for a whole year... it sucks. you build up a rep and etc. It's a fun bet!

Why not just up the wager to our original bet? have you loss some faith in your original conditions? We don't need to change no conditions around. same conditions - higher wager!

see makes no sense to me anyway... i would probably not bother creating another account... you probably already have a couple..

I'm actually shocked you don't even believe the flames are 100% lock to be better than the Canucks this yr... whereas i'm pretty damn confident the Canucks are better.

really shocked actually.

Are you looking forward to DL44 leaving our boards for a year? hahahahah

ha ha at the bolded part.. why even bother.

We'll just be putting up with derfy2 for a yr..

benefits your rep losing actually.

but... ok

I don't mind doing an IP ban if the Mods can help us enforce this bet

see makes no sense to me anyway... i would probably not bother creating another account... you probably already have a couple..

I can guarantee I only have one account. My word was good for my last bet.

• Like 1

I'm actually shocked you don't even believe the flames are 100% lock to be better than the Canucks this yr... whereas i'm pretty damn confident the Canucks are better.

really shocked actually.

really shocked actually.

That wasn't a part of the bet. I'm more concerned about the parameters of the bet and for the 12% of the season that has been completed, I like the results I am seeing.

• Like 1

Derf has proven he pays his bets.

He's still wearing the Edmonton panties.

• Like 1

What I am trying to say is Feaster is able to make good value signings for like Tanguay at $3/Mil per season for a pt/game type of player. Where as the Canucks have been handing out ridiculous contracts this last while.

For Example

Ballard $4.2Mil for what? 7 pts last year, 1pt so far this year and a -7 (Horrible Signing)

Bieska $4.6Mil vs $4Mil for Ehrhoff - Bieska got 1 pt this year and is a -9! lol

Hamhuis $4.5Mil another horrible signing.

Basically on Defence Ballard+Bieska+Hamhuis < Ehrhoff

Sturm $2.25Mil for what? an injured player. Somehow Gillis was able to convince him the team wanted him here in Vancouver and then in just 6 games ships him out. Way to make other free agents want to come to your organization.

Trading for a $4.25Mil Broken down phone Booth.

Anyways I was just listing out these facts at how Vancouver fans wish they had Feaster has a GM

1. Tanguay hasn't been a PPG players since 06/07

2. Gillis did not sign Ballard to his current contract.

3. Do you really want to compare defencemen with overpaid salaries?

4. Cody "Handless" Hodgson has more goals than Roman "Handful" Horak.

• Like 1

Derf has proven he pays his bets.

He's still wearing the Edmonton panties.

It's just slightly better than wearing Canucks panties. I would probably never post if I had to wear Canucks panties

1. Tanguay hasn't been a PPG players since 06/07

2. Gillis did not sign Ballard to his current contract.

3. Do you really want to compare defencemen with overpaid salaries?

4. Cody "Handless" Hodgson has more goals than Roman "Handful" Horak.

1. Tanguay was a great value signing. In his whole career he's close to a 0.9pt/game player but he takes less money to be in a 1st Class Organization.

2. But Gillis did trade for Ballard thinking he was worth that contract.

3. Yes we have no overpaid defencemen on our squad unlike Vancouver.

4. He also has a few more games play than Horak. Horak is a much brighter prospect than Hodgson.

• Like 1

Well.. the Canucks are at the good ol' 10 gm mark...

Time to bring out the numbers again...

(flames rank in brackets for comparison's sake)

Canucks

10 gms: 4-5-1, 9 pts. 3rd in the div, 10th in the W, 20th overall. (Cal: last in the div, 14th in the W, 26th overall)

Goals/gm

10 gms: 2.40, 19th (20th)

GA/gm

10 gms: 2.80, 22nd (20th)

PP%

10 gms: 19.2, 10th (12th)

PPG

10 gms: 9, 4th (20th)

PK%

10 gms: 86.0, 12th (17th)

PPGA

10 gms: 6, 13th (11th)

5-on-5 Ratio

10 gms: 0.75 27th (13th)

Plus/Minus

10 gms: -7, 29th (25th)

Faceoffs

10 gms: 52.2, 6th (25th)

SoG

10 gms: 33.3, 6th (21st)

SoGA

10 gms: 26.8, 5th (15th)

Hits

10 gms: 227, 6th (25th)

Blocked Shots

10 gms: 106, 26th (17th)

Giveaways

10 gms: 71, 18th (29th)

Takeaways

10 gms: 76, 6th (11th)

Red flag areas for the Canucks in red. Most concerning is the 5 on 5 play being lazy, lacking effort or energy... reflected as such with their ratio and +/-. And right now it just seems EVERY TIME a dman is up the ice it ends up going the other way and ends up in the back of our net... i don't expect that to continue for too much longer... i hope.

Surprisingly a lot of positive underlying areas of performance despite the lethargic start. handful of top 10's i wasn't expecting to see.

anyways... 10 down.. 72 to go!

Well.. the Canucks are at the good ol' 10 gm mark...

Time to bring out the numbers again...

(flames rank in brackets for comparison's sake)

Canucks

10 gms: 4-5-1, 9 pts. 3rd in the div, 10th in the W, 20th overall. (Cal: last in the div, 14th in the W, 26th overall)

Goals/gm

10 gms: 2.40, 19th (20th)

GA/gm

10 gms: 2.80, 22nd (20th)

PP%

10 gms: 19.2, 10th (12th)

PPG

10 gms: 9, 4th (20th)

PK%

10 gms: 86.0, 12th (17th)

PPGA

10 gms: 6, 13th (11th)

5-on-5 Ratio

10 gms: 0.75 27th (13th)

Plus/Minus

10 gms: -7, 29th (25th)

Faceoffs

10 gms: 52.2, 6th (25th)

SoG

10 gms: 33.3, 6th (21st)

SoGA

10 gms: 26.8, 5th (15th)

Hits

10 gms: 227, 6th (25th)

Blocked Shots

10 gms: 106, 26th (17th)

Giveaways

10 gms: 71, 18th (29th)

Takeaways

10 gms: 76, 6th (11th)

Red flag areas for the Canucks in red. Most concerning is the 5 on 5 play being lazy, lacking effort or energy... reflected as such with their ratio and +/-. And right now it just seems EVERY TIME a dman is up the ice it ends up going the other way and ends up in the back of our net... i don't expect that to continue for too much longer... i hope.

Surprisingly a lot of positive underlying areas of performance despite the lethargic start. handful of top 10's i wasn't expecting to see.

anyways... 10 down.. 72 to go!

When we get to 10 games we'll do a comparison at that point vs the Canucks. Right now we played 2 less games than the Canucks who are much closer to 10th than 1st.

• Like 1

When we get to 10 games we'll do a comparison at that point vs the Canucks. Right now we played 2 less games than the Canucks who are much closer to 10th than 1st.

You can go ahead and do that if you wish...

... just noticed the flames play tonight... i guess i could of waited till they got #9 under their belt... maybe i'll edit tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how motivated i get.

You can go ahead and do that if you wish...

... just noticed the flames play tonight... i guess i could of waited till they got #9 under their belt... maybe i'll edit tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how motivated i get.

Comparison of some notable players up to this point in this season.

Tanguay ($3.5M) 8GP 8Pts = 1 point per game >>> Kesler ($5M) 5GP 2Pt 0.4Pts point per game

Horak 6GP 3Pts 0.5 points per game >>> Hodgson 10GP 3Pt 0.3 Pts per game

Kipper 6GP 3W - 3L 2.21GAA >>> Luongo 6GP 2W-3L-1OT 3.45GAA

Babchuk ($2.5M) 3GP 2Pts 0.66 Points per game >>> Edler ($3.25M) 10GP 6Pts 0.6 Points per game

JBo -1 >>> Bieska -9

Bourque ($3M) 8GP 5Goals 0.625 Goals per game >>> D. Sedin ($6.1M) 10GP 4Goals 0.4 Goals per game

Jokers 8GP 6Pts 0.75 points per game >>> Burrows 10GP 5Pts 0.5 Points per game

Smith 6GP -1 >>> Ballard 10GP -7

Hagman 7GP 4Pts 0.57pts per game >>> Maholtra 10GP 3Pts 0.3 Points per game

I smile everytime I see these facts

Comparison of some notable players up to this point in this season.

Tanguay ($3.5M) 8GP 8Pts = 1 point per game >>> Kesler ($5M) 5GP 2Pt 0.4Pts point per game

Horak 6GP 3Pts 0.5 points per game >>> Hodgson 10GP 3Pt 0.3 Pts per game

Kipper 6GP 3W - 3L 2.21GAA >>> Luongo 6GP 2W-3L-1OT 3.45GAA

Babchuk ($2.5M) 3GP 2Pts 0.66 Points per game >>> Edler ($3.25M) 10GP 6Pts 0.6 Points per game

JBo -1 >>> Bieska -9

Bourque ($3M) 8GP 5Goals 0.625 Goals per game >>> D. Sedin ($6.1M) 10GP 4Goals 0.4 Goals per game

Jokers 8GP 6Pts 0.75 points per game >>> Burrows 10GP 5Pts 0.5 Points per game

Smith 6GP -1 >>> Ballard 10GP -7

Hagman 7GP 4Pts 0.57pts per game >>> Maholtra 10GP 3Pts 0.3 Points per game

I smile everytime I see these facts

I love when people do these..

Where are all the Iginla ($7 mil for 0.5PPG) comparisons??

Here.. let me try... These are always so fun... (and accurate too!)

Top scorers : Daniel 12pts in 10 > Tanguay 8 in 8.

Sedins >> any pair that the Flames have

Top D scorers: Salo, 3g, 7pts > Calgary's top 2 scoring Dmen combined.

Edler and Salo = Calgary's top 5 D for scoring

Top scoring Centers: Henrik 11 in 10 >> Joker's 6 in 8

Random Wingers: Burrows g/gm > Iginla $7mil ..

Higgens > Stempniak

4th line center: Lapierre 2 pts> Stajan $3.5mil 1 pt

The backups: Schnieder >>> Karlsson

Vancouver obviously dominates calgary...

• Like 1

I love when people do these..

Where are all the Iginla ($7 mil for 0.5PPG) comparisons??

Here.. let me try... These are always so fun... (and accurate too!)

Top scorers : Daniel 12pts in 10 > Tanguay 8 in 8.

Sedins >> any pair that the Flames have

Top D scorers: Salo, 3g, 7pts > Calgary's top 2 scoring Dmen combined.

Edler and Salo = Calgary's top 5 D for scoring

Top scoring Centers: Henrik 11 in 10 >> Joker's 6 in 8

Random Wingers: Burrows g/gm > Iginla $7mil ..

Higgens > Stempniak

4th line center: Lapierre 2 pts> Stajan $3.5mil 1 pt

The backups: Schnieder >>> Karlsson

Vancouver obviously dominates calgary...

Hey DL remember you tried to state that Tanev is one of the up rising solid canucks Dman ... btw where is Tanev now? hahhahahah Butler on the other hand 9GP 2PT and facing top end 1st line opponents night in and night out!

Hey DL remember you tried to state that Tanev is one of the up rising solid canucks Dman ... btw where is Tanev now? hahhahahah Butler on the other hand 9GP 2PT and facing top end 1st line opponents night in and night out!

Nothings really changed.

Simply a difference in depth of the D.

Locked in top 5 of Edler, Salo, Hamhuis, Bieksa and Ballard.

That leaves Alberts, Rome, Sulzer for the 6th..

Tanev is the only one on a 2-way... better for his development as a 21 yr old to get significant minutes in the A..

Presently banged up a bit i believe.

At the same age Butler was entering his 2nd season of 3 of college hockey. 2 different Dmen at different stages of their careers with different paths to the NHL. Just silly to compare em straight up...

But ignoring all that.. then obviously Butler is the better dman... his 9gms and 2a say so. And according to you he's on the number 1 shut down pairing? impressive. Tanev can't beat that.

Nothings really changed.

Simply a difference in depth of the D.

Locked in top 5 of Edler, Salo, Hamhuis, Bieksa and Ballard.

That leaves Alberts, Rome, Sulzer for the 6th..

Tanev is the only one on a 2-way... better for his development as a 21 yr old to get significant minutes in the A..

Presently banged up a bit i believe.

At the same age Butler was entering his 2nd season of 3 of college hockey. 2 different Dmen at different stages of their careers with different paths to the NHL. Just silly to compare em straight up...

But ignoring all that.. then obviously Butler is the better dman... his 9gms and 2a say so. And according to you he's on the number 1 shut down pairing? impressive. Tanev can't beat that.

Even if you don't ignore all that, Butler is still the better dman. He's got a way brighter upside than Tanev who is just a career AHL'r. Butler is impressive... but you know who's even more impressive ... Horak! that kid is a monster. Horak >>> Hodgson forsure. You got to admit that! Hodgson was slot into a top six role but has been a HUGE disappointment.