The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

WHL Coach Suspended

That would've not been a fun bus ride. 20+ sweaty players for 4 hours. uggh.....

especially after your equipment dried, you would be all itchy and uncomfortable, that would be horrible.

thats insane...hopefully this doesnt give any other coach ideas.

It's good that the WHL suspended that coach...somebody from the team must have reported him.

If I were a player on that team I would have completely lost respect for him. I doubt he's the coach much longer because he's probably lost the trust and respect of a lot of players.

Well considering he coached the Sharks and Pens, you think he would be a little more respectful towards his players.
didnt he also coach here? or was he just an assistant? that far back is kinda fuzzy at the moment.. tried blocking out those years due to the trauma of not winning :lol:

I don't recall Constantine coaching here ever...I think you might be crazy...

He was an assistant coach in 1996-97.

I can't say this incident surprises me. Constantine was known as an overly tough coach in the NHL. I can't imagine time has mellowed him any.

I can't say this incident surprises me. Constantine was known as an overly tough coach in the NHL. I can't imagine time has mellowed him any.

i thoguht it might have been that... and yeah he was always yelling ans screaming... didnt seem to be over succcessful

and see FFR im nto crazy at all :P

Apparently I'm the crazy one...in my research to backup my claim I never once ran across that information.

maybe a bit to far for preseason- but i wouldnt be to upset if it was a regular season game. When i was playing midget AA we beat the top team in the league 7-0 and there coach had them take off there skates in the hallway and had to run stairs for 2 hours.....IMO thats worse then the bus trip thing

maybe a bit to far for preseason- but i wouldnt be to upset if it was a regular season game. When i was playing midget AA we beat the top team in the league 7-0 and there coach had them take off there skates in the hallway and had to run stairs for 2 hours.....IMO thats worse then the bus trip thing

not even comparable. The supper/bus situation forces the players into a situation where their health is not being taken into consideration. In this day and age you are crossing a line that you no longer can. Running stairs for two hours is nothing, but to be forced to wear game worn equipment for 6 hours or so is disgusting and wrong.

not even comparable. The supper/bus situation forces the players into a situation where their health is not being taken into consideration. In this day and age you are crossing a line that you no longer can. Running stairs for two hours is nothing, but to be forced to wear game worn equipment for 6 hours or so is disgusting and wrong.

I think he meant that they had to run stairs with their equipment on...

I still don't think that's as bad. I challenge anyone to leave their equipment on for 6 hours after a full out competitve hockey game. I would gladly take 2 hours of stairs after a bad loss. I would still be sweating as opposed to rotting in my gear. Also, maybe my competitive nature in my hockey days is comming out as well, but after a terrible loss I would feel that I deserved stairs, or a run, or a bad skate, but I would never stand for being ridiculed by my coach.

I still don't think that's as bad. I challenge anyone to leave their equipment on for 6 hours after a full out competitve hockey game. I would gladly take 2 hours of stairs after a bad loss. I would still be sweating as opposed to rotting in my gear. Also, maybe my competitive nature in my hockey days is comming out as well, but after a terrible loss I would feel that I deserved stairs, or a run, or a bad skate, but I would never stand for being ridiculed by my coach.

yeah they had to run with there stuff on..2 hours is a long time ....i woud way rather sit in my equipment...

NHL or no NHL, there is no way I'm sitting on a bus for that amount of time in sweaty equipment..I would tell him to go George Bush himself..There's a line and Constantine definitely crossed it..

One look at Constantine and you know the guy's a goof, he just has the look of a prick.

:shock:
13. SPAMMING AND POST-COUNT INFLATION  

Posting the same message in several forums is unnecessary and not well-respected.  

Your posts should be meaningful, well thought out and add something of substance to the discussion. "Chat Style" threads, one line or word responses and responses that distract from the original point of the thread will no longer be permissible on CalgaryFlames.com.

Cross-posting will result in the threads being locked and/or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

http://forum.calgaryflames.com/viewtopic.php?t=1327

Some Coaches live in the dark ages because they are neandrethals. No punitive actions beyond a early morning bag skate is legit in this day and age. I don't care what age or what level. I guess that explains why he is not in the NHL any longer.

I really enjoyed Kelly Hrudey's article in the Herald this past weekend where he discussed this issue.

His main point was that the players in the 'dub, 'O' and 'Q' are just kids for the most part. The health and welfare of these children has been entrusted to the teams, including the coaching staff. Constantine broke that trust and potentially set the league years back in it's progress.

I really enjoyed Kelly Hrudey's article in the Herald this past weekend where he discussed this issue.

His main point was that the players in the 'dub, 'O' and 'Q' are just kids for the most part.  The health and welfare of these children has been entrusted to the teams, including the coaching staff. Constantine broke that trust and potentially set the league years back in it's progress.

I haven't read the Herald article but Hrudey ripped apart Constantine during his Behind the Mask segment last Saturday saying pretty much the same things you've talked about. Constantine basically set the league years back in progress and Hrudey was unforgiving about it.