Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yeller11

Last Movie You Saw??

2,032 posts in this topic

I watched an old John Wanye movie last night "The Green Berets" on the History Network.

Spiderman 3 and it was pretty bad.

Sequels usually suck.

Last movie ... hmm ... can't remember :excl:

I watched "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" earlier today. I had seen it before, but I still enjoyed it.

I watched "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" earlier today. I had seen it before, but I still enjoyed it.

Is it as good as the book? The book is a classic IMO.

Stomp the Yard

I absolutely loved this movie! :D

I thought it would've been different but from what I saw, better than what I expected for sure!

Having never read the books I'm going to say.....yes

It has a fair amount of British humor in it, so be for warned if you don't like/get that stuff

The Age of Innocence. I thought it was awful but there was nothing else on TV and I was bored silly.

Having never read the books I'm going to say.....yes
wrong answer, no points for you this round. the movie was good, but it doesn't even come close to wiping the books' buttocks'

last night i watched Mulholland Drive. i have no idea what it was about or whether i enjoyed it :(

Pirates of the Carribean -- At World's End

Not a bad movie but definitely LONG :blink: and I felt every minute of it. I won't say much for those that haven't seen it, but personally, I could have seen this on dvd in 6 months and been content lol.

Before that in theaters ... Spiderman 3 and Meet the Robinsons.

Outside theaters ... I have the movie centrals from Shaw so the past week; Rumor has it, The Omen, The Break-Up {2 hours I will never get back :wacko: } .....

Stomp the Yard

I absolutely loved this movie! :D

I thought it would've been different but from what I saw, better than what I expected for sure!

btw ... Anie if you liked Stomp the Yard then also try Step Up with Channing Tatum and also You Got Served.

Step Up was alright but I hated You got Served. I never finished watching You got Served and believe me I don't think I want to.

Stomp the Yard is the best of the three IMO. Step Up was good but it just lacked orginality since I could've predicted the story right from the beginning. I knew that character would die eventually and knew what would happen later. I guess I watched alot of movies in which I can predict and know what the story line is going to be like. Sort of like how I wasn't into Spiderman 3 since it always seems to follow the same route.

Stomp the Yard had a good storyline in it though, even though I knew what would happen later some of those dance sequences were awesome and the camera angles it used was just so different than what I'm used to which made it very cool.

Anyways another movie I saw in which a friend made me do it. Hot Fuzz. <_<:lol: I liked a few parts in it but the set up towards the end is very long. Loved the ending out of the whole entire movie, alot of action sequences. Shaun of the Dead was much better though...

Hot Fuzz - a great action-comedy.

:lol: weird that we posted the same movie, I agree it's great... but like I said the set up for the ending is very long but I must say... very orginal... a few camera shots annoyed me after awhile but a few parts was brilliantly done.

I never thought the story line would've ended up like that right at the end. It was just so much action put into so little time and I wanted to see more since the beginning had way less and alot of dialogue. :lol: Ending makes up for the movie for sure...

What was your favorite part of the movie?

The books were really good, and the movie was too. The movie can only be described as "based on" the book though - so if you're expecting the movie to be *exactly* like the books - well you'll be disappointed...

Grandma's boy, it's been out for rent for over a year but finally watched it. If you liked 40 Year Old Virgin and Harold & Kumar go to White Castle you'll love this one.

Jackass 2. Not bad but jackass 1 was much better.

I completely agree.

Jackass 2 kinda sucked.

Shrek 3. Loved it. Went with my wife and a couple of other couples and we all laughed a ton. My only complaint about it was that it was only 90 minutes long. It felt like it was over far too quickly, but since it's a kids movie, the movie's length was probably just right for them.

Hoping to see Spiderman 3 next weekend. I've heard a lot of....average....reviews, but I'm still excited to see it. Either that one or Pirates.

Shrek 3. Loved it. Went with my wife and a couple of other couples and we all laughed a ton. My only complaint about it was that it was only 90 minutes long. It felt like it was over far too quickly, but since it's a kids movie, the movie's length was probably just right for them.

Hoping to see Spiderman 3 next weekend. I've heard a lot of....average....reviews, but I'm still excited to see it. Either that one or Pirates.

I'm pretty much going to repost this verbatim. Shrek 3 too short. Want to see Spidey 3 and Pirates 3. Austin Powers 4 is coming, looking forward to that. Star Trek LXVII is due out sooner or later as well.

The last movie i saw was.... Saw.

It was not bad but not that great.

There was at least a decent attempt by this gory movie to be intelligent.

I recommend it.

The last movie i saw was.... Saw.

It was not bad but not that great.

There was at least a decent attempt by this gory movie to be intelligent.

I recommend it.

i liked saw ii better, but only because there was way more screentime for Tobin Bell - he pretty much carries the franchise.