2031 replies to this topic

#1 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

I saw "Saw 3" last night after the Flames Game.

#2 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

Just came back from Missed Phone Call. This movie really really sucked! Also.... the lights came on and movie kicked off 3/4 of the way through. Chinook did this, when I watched Pan's Labyrinth, (couldn't see the subtitles).... Harry Potter 5 was out of focus, Batman Begins had no sound..... that's it I'm sticking to flames games.....

If they mess up Indyanna Jones 4. So help me Inglina (God)........ It's like they just don't care about us customers anymore...

#3 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:54 AM

at the cinema: I am Legend, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Juno (cute movie), Missed phone call. (booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 0.00000000000000000000000000/10) Now I can't get that bloody ring tone out of my head!

If Lucas so as even screws up one nano second of Indyanna Jones 4. I'll run amuck and eat people..... Don't mess with Indy. Indy is the movie that turned me into a Movie watching zombie. VHSes were new fangled invention in the early 80s. Indy comes out..... then it snowballed from there...

#4 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

Golden Compass and Sweeny Todd. great movies. looks like I'm going to have to read the Dark Material's series... It's one of those child magically saves the world. I didn't like how they depited the Mongolians-Siberian Shamans- Inuit, as ruthless mercinaries. (They even used the Blessed Throat song used by Shamens) as a theme for the gun totting hunters. While depicting the Celtic witches as some sort of "Elven linaged" warriors. Or Egyptians as mystic Gyspies ala Borat's Tribe....

When real witches and magical newagers would embrace all alternative beliefs under the New Earth umbrellia. The Shamans were depicted as child kidnapping hunters...

Sweeny Todd..... is a ?!?!?!Q!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! kind of movie. It defies any catagory. It's that good. It belongs to the "Tommy" and I heart Hucklebee's catagory. Werid. It plays as a opera-musical, of mayhem and death.... again classic gothic Burton yin yan themes (of light/warmth and cold reality of Fog, and cold hearted ness that inspired Todd's pessimistic breakdown). It has to be on your to watch list. It's very Fed up in a GREAT way!

Is Deip to Burton is to Kurosawa and Mufine? (great to work together with), or Parker and Stone?

#5 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(Anie8706 @ Jan 12 2008, 09:00 PM)

I saw a movie which gave me the worst headache ever laugh.gif

Sweeney Todd: The demon barber of fleet street.

Hilarious at how stupid the lyrics are, if I here another "Joanna I'm going to steal you", I will seriously punch or kick ya. laugh.gif

Worst Johnny Depp movie I saw in a long time, only liked a few things but seriously. CRAP.

Joooooannnnnnaaaaa I'lll steallll youuuuu. Joooooooannnnnnaaaaaa whherrrreeeee arrrrrrreeeeee youuuuuu?!?!?

#6 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(C-Life @ Jan 17 2008, 11:30 PM)

Buffalo Soldiers with Joaquin Pheonix anyone seen it?! Really good 8.5/10

>>> Great movie. But why did the Sargent destroy his car? He has no legal grounds to do that. He couldn't prove that Elwood hustled all that stuff..

Mop and Glow?!?!? you really think we need all that Mop and Glow?
Cleanleness is next to godliness.

#7 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

Pitch Dark with Vin Diesel. Brutal movie with the Imam's boys.

#8 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:23 PM

I saw a movie with a very young Johnny Deip, before he became magical deities: ie Edward Sissorhands, or a Legendary captain, or a Godlike candy maker, or a young Bachelor who cheats death.... He plays a typical teen in a typical teen movie, who causes all kinds of crazy shenenagans in a vacation resort. It's called Private Resort, it's a weird 80s movie. all I can say is Mr Deip has a nice body, and looked like he belonged on Saved by the Bell (crazy 80s) hair.

#9 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(Bob Lobla @ Jan 21 2008, 02:44 PM)

Pitch Black is the name, it is set before The Chronicles of Riddick.

opps my bad. Pitch Dark that's the one.

#10 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

Cloverfield. That movie was cuckoo. It's a good movie! A decapitated Statue of Liberty..... soldiers shooting at some slime creature, and Brooklyn Bridge is destroyed yet again! (Who really wants to buy it? it's so flimsy... shoddy engineering if you ask me. Like the Golden Gate Bridge isn't destroyed as much!

Man I want to move to New York. What other city in the world do: museum exhibits come alive and party all night, a super alien news paper writer saves Earth from destruction over and over again, shoots eye lasers and is invincible; a fun loving college student who think he's some sort of spider swings at mach 9 saving subways from falling over while fighting a dude on a flyer throwing bombs, and a robotic octopus clawing up buildings dropping broken crumbs of cement, and men with nuclear lasers roast giant Marshmellowman, to defeat a pan dimentional Sumarian God. (Go Humans).

What other city has a lone scientist fending off an entire legion of zombies, and what other city is destroyed over and over and over again, by giant monsters like Godzilla and King Kong, and still rebuild's itself.... Man that's one hell of a Urban Renewal program..... (renovating old buildings into new livable buildings).

New York New York, what a hell of a town. Monsters always tears it down. New York, where the citizens don't frown (despite all sorts of destruction to it from monsters, and super villians), New York New York, what a hell of a townnnnnn.

I loved this latest chapter (Cloverfield) in the multi dimensional vortext that is NYC (multi dementional, for the many many overlapping story settings that it is set in, yet these worlds don't seem to collide!). Say isn't fight club set in New York? Where the hell does that city get the taxes to rebuild after each dramatic attack from Demons, and ghosts and goblins.

Freedom Fighters (game), from New York, send commies packing in an alternate reality.

Raz Ghul and his ninjas really did a number to that city, with the LDS gas!

How much more damage can that city take though. One good thing though, the construction workers are never out of work! laugh.gif

#11 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Logan's Run came on last night. And I finally get to see this cult classic. I'm not sure what I saw! It was strange..... very very strange. This movie had strange special effects would be putting it mildly.

#12 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

on a lighter note, Juno is adorable, and alot deeper than i expected. I'm nto at all surpirsed seh got an Oscar nod.
[/quote]

>>> I like the line "NO!!! That's a big bag of NO!!!!!".

#13 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(fubbleskag @ Jan 30 2008, 07:44 AM) View Post

>>> You is Friend.... you make strong us..... *points phases at Gordie*. Man I love those Packleks....

or another memorable quote Gordie "Now you are armed to the teeth".

"Teeth are for chewing" *amused*.

#14 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

Avalon!... What would happen, if First Person Shooters were real in virtural reality..... Set in a distopian future, where players engage in this game, where if you die you could be fried (when reaching higher levels), Ash a young lone player is goaded into forming an alliance with a equally skilled player, as they team up to find the mythical Level A.

#15 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

bits of Matchstick man by Nicholas Cage....

Great movie.

Cage plays a mentally ill con artist, who makes a great living grafting greedy marks. Until he meets a young girl who claims to be his daughter. This further compounds on his mental illness in a good way, as he learns to become a responsible father. It's actually a very heart warming movie.

#16 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(Gertrude_51 @ Feb 3 2008, 01:36 AM) View Post

Balls of fury...it was entertaining and yeah, funny! laugh.gif

>>> They guy who played Bruce Lee in Dragon, was on it. (the dude with goatee, and long hair that said "Here's your money, too bad it has snot on it".). Christopher Walken looks good in Mandarin clothes.

#17 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(Barney Gumble @ Feb 3 2008, 02:02 AM) View Post

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Especially when she turns the scam around on him and takes him for every penny he's got.</span> Yep. Heartwarming. tongue.gif

I agree though, it was a pretty good movie.

I got to see "The Heartbreak Kid". Meh. It had its funny bits but once is plenty, never going to watch it again. Thankfully the DVD was borrowed.

>>> Well when she was pretending to be his daughter. They went bowling, ate pizzas, spend time together... scammed this lady in a Laundrymat, Lohman was cute in that movie. I just wanted to pinch her cute little cheeks, and pat her tomboy hair. That was a cute movie.. I like how he runs out of medication, and goes to a drug store, and freaks out saying "You guys don't want me lieing in the gutter until I Pi.s blood! only to find out the medication, were Menopause pills.

#18 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

I have to remind myself to put Meet the Fockers and Meet the Parents on my Zip list..

The movie with this set "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". goooo doped out journalists.But Las Vegas is not a good town to trip out in.... Lots of broken hearts there, ie, losing all money to the machines, or gangsters. Tupac was shot there wasn't he. All all those grisly murders that Grissom and his team has to solve... No wonder Doctor Gonzo, and Raul Duke, had a bad trip.

They pick up a hitch hiker, and Thompson has crazy eyes and says "Get in". or tried to drink beer, but the sand from the motocross turned his beer into cement or something.

#19 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

The Bucket List. or 3/4, as the Cat Coffee heads (an in joke from the movie) at the front desk gave us the wrong tickets.... It was a very very funny movie....I assure you..... you guys won't look at Coffee the same way again.

#20 beergirl 1 deleted

beergirl 1 deleted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

Tales From the Hood. It's Tales from the Crypt, but set in the hood........The Voodoo Dolls attacking the racist Govenor. was a very very funny.

Sherk 2. I finally remembered to rent it. Awwwwweee Puss's Eyes! Fiona is very pretty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users