Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rosalie52

Calgary Vipers

48 posts in this topic

I like the name too, I was trying to quote someone in my other post and it looked like I said I didn't like the name.

I'm all for a wide variety of home town Sports teams, however, I gotta be honest. I can't stand baseball, or golf for that matter. I can't watch it without my eyes bleeding and I find even playing it just as boring.

I have a need for speed. 8)

I'm all for a wide variety of home town Sports teams, however, I gotta be honest. I can't stand baseball, or golf for that matter. I can't watch it without my eyes bleeding and I find even playing it just as boring.  

I have a need for speed.  8)

You must not understand the game of baseball then if you find it boring. Ive been playing baseball since I was 4yrs old so I pretty much know the game inside out..thats probably why I can stand watching the Vipers (or any team play) because of my knowledge of the game. If you know the game well...its alot easier to understand and more fun to enjoy. Guess that could be said for any sport.

Calgary Vipers? Is that the new team?

Logo's ghey.....

ok dude..lets see you make another logo for them.

Hmmm, ya think I should send a sample to them?

What's the email....?

BTW, 1 more word...

"Vipers" <--- I don't like it and it's weird and possibly ghey name too lol.

holy crap...the Vipers are winning 14-1 tonight. There actually laying a beating on the other team :shock:

when the Cannons were the farm team for Montreal.

Just for the record, the Cannons were never the farm team for Montreal:

Affiliations

1985-1994 Seattle Mariners

1995-1997 Pittsburgh Pirates

1998-1998 Chicago White Sox

1999-2002 Florida Marlins

Today is the final game before the All star game on Tuesday. Calgary is playing Edmonton (I'll be at the game) and the Vipers are on a 2 game losing streak. Yesterday was a pretty exciting game going into 10 innings when the Vipers fell just short but Carlos Duncan hit a nice solo home run in the 10th. Hopefully the Vipers will win todays game.

Lets Go Vipers!

Thursday July 20th

Tonight its the Calgary Vipers in Kansas City to face the T-Bones.

Calgary is in first place with a 4-2 record for the second half of the season. Lets hope the Vipers improve on that record. I'll definately be listening to the game.

Lets Go Vipers!

Looks like the Vipers blew tonights game. They were up early 2-0 but couldnt hang on to the lead as Kansas City beat them 8-3.

Tom Loyns for the Vipers. was pretty shaky in the first 2 innings but after that he settled down. It was tied 3-3 until the 7th and thats when the Vipers bullpen choked....gave up 5 runs to earn the loss. The Vipers outhit Kansas city but of course,the pitching couldnt do it. We need better pitchers! The Vipers fall to (4-3) and are now tied for first place. The two teams go at it against eachother again Friday night at 6:05pm. You can listen to the game live on the vipers website.

how many games left? I would love to get down and watch some games but its hard since I live over an hour away and with work.

how many games left?  I would love to get down and watch some games but its hard since I live over an hour away and with work.

There are still 20 Home games left and 22 away games left.

Come down to the ball park and have a great time. Ask me about any questions you have because if you ask the staff people there..most of them are Junior high kids who arent very friendly at all and/or dont know anything about the place/team.

The Vipers are back to their winning ways as they beat Kansas City last night 5-0. Evan Greusel got the victory for the Vipers as he moves to(6-0) former draft pick of the Marlins. No home runs last night but it was a very entertaining game. The Vipers improve to 5-3 and they continue to play tonight at 6:05pm. Look for Josh Carter to return to the Vipers lineup.

Good deal guys.

If you buy your 2007 season tickets for the Vipers. You get all the August 2006 games for free. Since I have season tickets already..I'll just wait till after the season to renew my tickets but for those of you who are interested in getting season tickets for next year..this is a good deal for you guys. More info at

www.calgaryvipers.com

Being from Edmonton, I have only been really following the C-Cats, but have been checking out what the Vipers have been doing from afar. and it seems after they jumped out of the gate with that hot start in the 2nd half, they are starting to cool down, going only 3-7 in their last 10.

The vipers have signed Darryl Brinkley to a contract. He has decent size: 5-11 200lbs..has alot of power in the bat as well. I'll be looking forward to see how he plays on monday when they play at Foothills.

Today the Vipers start a homestand facing up the Gary Southshore Railcats. Both the teams are in last place in their divison.

In the second half of the season...

Vipers record: 10-12

Railcats Record:9-12

Hopefully the Vipers will beat up on the Railcats this home stand like they did last time they were here. It will be nice to get back up to .500

I'll be at all the games.

Vipers finally win a game snapping their 9 game losing streak.

They beat Edmonton 9-3 scoring 7 runs in the 5th inning. Jeff Buts and Aaron Mcechran both had 2 RBI doubles in the same inning.

Great game for sure! they are returning home tomorrow to face the Kansas City T-bones at 7:05pm.

What a great come from behind win for the Vipers tonight. They were down 5-3 going into the bottom of the 8th. 2 runners were on base for the Vipers and up steps Jason Colson. First pitch that comes...Colson just cranks it out of the park and everyone in Foothills park goes crazy. The Vipers go on to win it 6-5. It was a very exciting finish..if you werent at the ball game,you missed a great time.

The Flames moved from Atlanta to Calgary. Before being the Calgary Flames, they were the Atlanta Flames.

Ahhh, nothing like bringing a 4 year old topic back to life.

Not sure what the talk of moving is about, but ...

Go Vipers, I would go if I lived there.