The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Sports

I don't get to see too many professional sporting events out here in Halifax, but when I went to visit my Father in Florida in '99 I went to a Champ Car race and it blew my mind. Maybe it was just me, but I got a huge adrenaline rush. I know a lot of people might not consider it a sport, but I highly recomend seeing one, perhaps in Edmonton? Watching those cars go 230 mph plus and hearing the high revving engines at 9000+ RPM made for one of the best if not the best times of my life so far. It actually was the last race that the late Greg Moore won before he died. I was also lucky enough to meet him in the pits and get his autograph. Check it out!

my favorite sport is australian rules football, the greatest game on earth! anyone know what that is? i also love nfl, and b-ball and of course hockey, not like its ever on tv here in jersey

1. Hockey

2. Bowling (yes its a sport i had the surgery to prove it  :P )

3. Baseball

4. Football

5. Basketball

Surgery after bowling? Oh how embarassing, did you break your hip Rolos... oooo wait I mean Lunatik? :lol::lol: JK :wink:

I can mini bowl.. or whatever it's called, I'm really good at it. How can anyone watch baseball?

1. Hockey

2. Bowling (yes its a sport i had the surgery to prove it  :P )

3. Baseball

4. Football

5. Basketball

Surgery after bowling? Oh how embarassing, did you break your hip Rolos... oooo wait I mean Lunatik? :lol::lol: JK :wink:

I can mini bowl.. or whatever it's called, I'm really good at it. How can anyone watch baseball?

welll you know how you slide when you throw the ball?... well there was a wet spot on the lane (it was my first ball and some kids had been bowling before me)... i hit the wet spot my foot stuck (i have been bowling for 15+ years now)... and with the style i have developed over the year i have a very deep knee bend... and when i stuck it twisted my knee... somehow i didnt fall but it hurt like hell... i finished my league that night... when i finally went to the doc because the pain wasnt going away... he sent me to a surgeon because he was positive it was cartilage... it was... i tore the cartilage on both sides (i have like none left now)... so surgery was required

soccer (play a few times a week and watch when its on)

hockey

baseball

football (NFL and CFL, but more NFL)

and playing Golf is fun, but i don't like watching it.

my favorite sport is australian rules football, the greatest game on earth! anyone know what that is? i also love nfl, and b-ball and of course hockey, not like its ever on tv here in jersey

Aussie Football is awesome! Years ago TSN used to show it every now and then. Haven't watched it in a long time though.

I love playing any sport, but especially hockey, soccer, basketball (even though I absolutely suck at it), and table tennis.

I watch the NHL, ECHL (Aces), NCAAF (Texas A&M), and the NFL (Cowboys), with the NHL being the only one I will just watch any game on and enjoy it.

I can't stand watching the MLB or Professional Soccer.

Hockey

Champ Cars

CFL

Rugby Union

Lacrosse

Basketball

Aussie Rules

Arena League

Cricket

Bobsleigh

Ballroom Dancing

Basketweaving

Nude Painting

Steve Armitage

Hockey

Champ Cars

CFL

Rugby Union

Lacrosse

Basketball

Aussie Rules

Arena League

Cricket

Bobsleigh

Ballroom Dancing

Basketweaving

Nude Painting

Steve Armitage

I don't think the last four qualify. Steve Armitage? What kind of sport is that? :lol:

I play flooball, aussie footy, beach volleyball, badmington and swimming

I try to watch icehockey , football and F1 (well I try to watch all kinds of sports if I have to time)

BTW: If some finns here have FORTE channel package , they are now showing 6 NHL games in a week in NASN.

Allthough I like poker , I dont consider it sport.

If one can play it and same time smoke , drink and eat , I wouldnt call it sport.

And same goes to fishing. I love it , but not a sport.

Just signed my a** on a snowkite course. Anyone here have experience from that?