The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

MLB tryouts Aug 16 - Wish me Luck

Thank you. I'll be working really hard for it. I talked to the Canadian MLB supervisor and he is saying there will be scouts from all 30 teams there so thats a good thing. Hopefully I bring my A game and dont get too nervous.

what position do you play?

I play second base (my natural position) but I can also pitch. If I make it (even to the minors) it would be for second base probably.Im most confident with that position.

What are some of your strengths of your game?

What are some things you would like to improve on?

All the luck to you, I wish you well.

Im kind of like a Orlando Hudson (you would know him from the Blue Jays) my strength is my defense. My batting is average (people say Im like Ichiro..I get on base alot,have pretty good speed) but I would love to drive the ball more often. Saying that,in a game the other day...I broke my bat as the pitcher jammed me. I was so mad!! now I have to spend another 150$ on a new bat before the tryouts come.

Im kind of like a Orlando Hudson

Hudson's defence is amazing, and a lot of fun to watch. He gets to some balls he has no business getting.

Man do I wish I was still playing. Slo-pitch can be fun, but it just isn't the same

Good Luck :wink: ...I don't know anything about baseball, are you any good?

thanks,yea im pretty good. Im good enough to get invited to these tryouts haha,Im not expecting to make it the first year though but my dream would come true if it happens.

Hey RoadRunner, how did the tryout go?

the tryout was pretty good...75 players tried out..some guys even drove up all the way from Montana just to try out. We had to fill out a card at the beginning and these scouts were going to send the cards to all 30 MLB teams,so now we just have to wait for a phone call. Overall I was pretty good,couldve been a bit better in some areas but it was a good day.