The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

Toronto Blue Jays

Don't really follow baseball, but I don't think that the Jays will be able to catch Boston and the wild card race is too tight. I don't think they can do it, but they will be pretty close.

If we get Chacin back, our rotation would consist of Halladay, Burnett, Chacin, Lilly, Janssen/Marcum. Also if they can get a reliever or two I'd be happy. They are looking good, but I think that they are not quite good enough to win the Division.

If we get Chacin back, our rotation would consist of Halladay, Burnett, Chacin, Lilly, Janssen/Marcum. Also if they can get a reliever or two I'd be happy. They are looking good, but I think that they are not quite good enough to win the Division.

well,they did get Accardo in that trade with Hillenbrand. Good young reliever he is,can throw a 95-97mph fastball. Has closer potential as well.

I agree, but our only reliable relievers are BJ Ryan....... and ummm that's it

The rest kind suck (especially Schoenweis (sp))

luckily he is a free agent after the season. Hopefully the Jays dont bring him back.

Don't really follow baseball, but I don't think that the Jays will be able to catch Boston and the wild card race is too tight.  I don't think they can do it, but they will be pretty close.

The wildcard is too tight? The Jays are only 4.5 games back of the Wildcard and 5 games back of first. Still a good 64 games to play.

The Jays have the offense to do it..as they showed today by crushing the Yankees. The Starting Rotation is pretty good. Im only concerned about their bullpen.

Don't really follow baseball, but I don't think that the Jays will be able to catch Boston and the wild card race is too tight.  I don't think they can do it, but they will be pretty close.

The wildcard is too tight? The Jays are only 4.5 games back of the Wildcard and 5 games back of first. Still a good 64 games to play.

The Jays have the offense to do it..as they showed today by crushing the Yankees. The Starting Rotation is pretty good. Im only concerned about their bullpen.

Your probably right. The only things I do know about baseball come from what I hear on Sports Centre.

Well they sure as heck did themselves a favour this week, taking 3 of 4 from the Yankees. It was great that they put the Hillenbrand situation behind them and just went out there played their game. I am really hoping for a Red Sox slump down the strech, because if the Jays keep on swingin the bat like they are, they would be a serious threat in playoffs. They just need to be a little more consistent on the mound and they will have a chance.

*** IMO Halladay should win Cy Young

I think (and I could very well be wrong) Chacin is still a ways away from returning. I thought I heard at least mid August. So I hope that the Jays can keep tight in the race until then and with Chacin back make a strong push to the end. Doc and A.J. need show they can lead this team, Lilly needs to just be conistant, and Chacin seems to give the boys a chance to win almost every start, so I think the Jays have a good shot. Rios is beginning his rehab assignment so he should be back soon. I've been really impressed how Hinske has stepped in for him. Hinske DHing when Alex is back?

Hopefully the Jays does well on this road trip. They always seem to have trouble when they go up to Seattle and Oakland. This year it shall be a different story though. We didnt have that pop in the bat last year as we do this year. The Jays have no time to go on a big losing streak now.

I have read that the Jays are looking at acquiring SS Julio Lugo. He would be a good pick up I think, despite MacDonald playing hard, that is the weakest spot of our lineup.

I have read that the Jays are looking at acquiring SS Julio Lugo.  He would be a good pick up I think, despite MacDonald playing hard, that is the weakest spot of our lineup.

Where'd you hear that? Lugo is one of the only players I actually like on Tampa Bay. He has a pretty good bat,GREAT speed on the base path,and a pretty good SS as well. That would be a very good pick up.

I have read that the Jays are looking at acquiring SS Julio Lugo.  He would be a good pick up I think, despite MacDonald playing hard, that is the weakest spot of our lineup.

Where'd you hear that? Lugo is one of the only players I actually like on Tampa Bay. He has a pretty good bat,GREAT speed on the base path,and a pretty good SS as well. That would be a very good pick up.

I read it right on MLB.com. I tried to find a link for you but I can't, which is strange because I just read it a few hours ago.

I read it right on MLB.com. I tried to find a link for you but I can't, which is strange because I just read it a few hours ago.

I'll search for it on MLB.com to see if I can find it. I'll also check the Jays board.

How impressed are you with Hinske lately? 2 homers tonight! Hopefully the team can rally back here with 3 innings to go.

How impressed are you with Hinske lately?  2 homers tonight!  Hopefully the team can rally back here with 3 innings to go.

yea Hinske has been really impressive. I'd still like to see him get back to his Rookie form when he just hammered everyone. Hopefully the Jays will keep him and work with him. As we saw in his rookie year..he has lots of talent.

How impressed are you with Hinske lately?  2 homers tonight!  Hopefully the team can rally back here with 3 innings to go.

yea Hinske has been really impressive. I'd still like to see him get back to his Rookie form when he just hammered everyone. Hopefully the Jays will keep him and work with him. As we saw in his rookie year..he has lots of talent.

I've been praying to deal him for a few seasons now, but he is sure showing me wrong. What does a guy do though once Rios is back? How do you keep all the bats in the lineup? Johnson's OBPCT is very good, Rios is swinging a good bat, Wells is Wells, Cat is a good lefty in that 2nd spot, and Hinske is hitting the ball very well as of late. You can't bump Glaus or Overbay at the corners either.

MacDonald did get a Grand Slam tonight :o:D :wink:

You're right, let's put him clean up lol

You're right, let's put him clean up lol

:lol: