The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

Toronto Blue Jays

How about A.J Brunett we're paying 50 mill and he is 2-4(I understand he is having elbow problems) :o  :?

I knew this was going to happen when he signed that big contract. He has always had shoulder problems. The Jays shouldve signed him to a 1-2yr deal first before they gave him the long/big contract.

If only Burnett could stay healthy..

The 4th and 5th stater positions this year have a record of 8-24, that is more frustrating to me then AJ. Even if they were flirting around .500 we would be in first.

The 4th and 5th stater positions this year have a record of 8-24, that is more frustrating to me then AJ.  Even if they were flirting around .500 we would be in first.

That is mainly because of towers though I think he went 1-9 with an ERA of 9.11.

The 4th and 5th stater positions this year have a record of 8-24, that is more frustrating to me then AJ.  Even if they were flirting around .500 we would be in first.

That is mainly because of towers though I think he went 1-9 with an ERA of 9.11.

Towers was crap this year. I dont know what went wrong because he was actually pretty decent last season. I was hoping he'd atleast put up 10 wins with this offense.

Jays need to string a long winning streak together, seems they are heading in the wrong direction here on the west coast.

Jays need to string a long winning streak together, seems they are heading in the wrong direction here on the west coast.

yep..like I said earlier, the Jays always have trouble on the west cost this time of year dont know why though but they just cant seem to win on the west coast.

I think the Jays need a good 5th starter and some middle relief. Scott Downs is one of the worst relivers that I have seen in a long time. and their 4 and 5 starters have a combined 9-25 record this year. Although, when Chacin comes back, and if they can stay healthy, it would ease some of the pain. And League is very impressive so far IMO.

Things just got a lot more difficult for the Jays.

Yankees acquired yet another fat contract in Bobby Abreu.

The good news for the Jays might be that Abreu is underachieving big time this year so maybe it won't help NY too much. But chasing the Yanks for the AL East/Wildcard spot is going to be even tougher.

I expect J.P. Ricciardi (sp) will stand pat with his batting lineup but it would be nice to see a reliable middle reliever or possibly a 4th starter to back the Halladay/Burnett/Lilly trio. With Chacin on the DL the Jays are getting killed at that 4th/5th rotation spot.

Less than 24 hours left before the trade deadline! :shock:

Jays killed there chances at making the playoffs after botching up the road trip.

If they sweep the Yankees they might have a chance :lol::P

They almost did it last time..It's too bad they only play when they want to..They have to get on a serious run or it's all but over.

Still plenty of ball left. Not really surprised about JP standing pat on deadline day though. JP is alot like Sutter in that regard; afraid to give away prospects for short-term fixes. I dont blame him either. The Jays have too many needs and wouldve had to give away quite a few prospects in order to fill all the holes. I just hope the rumours about Wells wanting to be traded in the off-season arent true.

The Jays have a big chance over the next 2 weeks and abit. They are facing the Yanks and Boston alot of times during these 2 weeks. If they can win alot of those games,that will help them alot. But if they lose,they can kick this season goodbye.

I hardly doubt the Jays will pull and win series against Boston and Yankees over the next weeks. They had a great chance to keep close in race on a road trip in their favor, but they completely failed that and it will come back to bite them now.

I hardly doubt the Jays will pull and win series against Boston and Yankees over the next weeks. They had a great chance to keep close in race on a road trip in their favor, but they completely failed that and it will come back to bite them now.

looks like your right. Being swept by the yankees,the Jays are now 8.5 games back of the yankees for first. If the jays lose 2 more games,they are for sure out of it. They went on a big losing streak at the wrong time..only winning 2 games on their 10 game road trip.

Looks like they are trying to put a winning streak together... they need to string a long one!

lets hope its around 10-15 games!

Which Toronto Blue Jay will be the next UFC star. Man these guys are a team just about ready to self destruct. JP Riccardi says that he is behind Gibbons but I don't thing he returns as Manager next year. I would like to see Ernie Whitt as the bench boss.

toronto [blue Jays - Mod edit] = Most pathetic team in the majors

They spent how much money on a bunch of overrated players that did not produce? What happened to all the hype at the beginning of the year. And their excuse is that they can't complete with NY and Boston...the last time I checked, NY and Boston have not won all the world series, which means they are beatable. If they can't compete why bother come out on the field and play, they should just stay in the dugout and cry like a bunch of babies.

The Mariners are canada's team.