The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tour de France Winner Floyd Landis tests positive...

I was watching TV and he tested negitive in the earlier stages and they were saying that it takes weeks for this drug to take affect. I think he is not guilty. If a drug takes atleast a week to actually make a difference how could he be guilty.

:o what a suprise, He better have good excuse are this is real bad for him

He has an excuse. He is saying that he has naturaly high testostorn(excuse the spelling).

I was watching TV and he tested negitive in the earlier stages and they were saying that it takes weeks for this drug to take affect.  I think he is not guilty.  If a drug takes atleast a week to actually make a difference how could he be guilty.

Fair enough. But who is "they".

Probably a spokesperson for the Phonak Cycling team. :lol:

But here's a question for you or anybody who believes this.

Watch this...

WHY IS THE DRUG IN HIM TO BEGIN WITH?????...REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT WON'T TAKE EFFECT FOR WEEKS!!!

Is he innocent if he juiced up but the drug didn't take effect? :?

Anybody here can reserve the right to think he's innocent...heck, maybe his samples were tampered with. But then my question is...why sabotage a guy who isn't even winning the race??? And if his team's trainers did it unbeknownst to him, what was their motive to risk his career when it would likely effect theirs too. My gut instinct tells me Landis knew EXACTLY what he was going on.

He's a cheater plain and simple. No excuses.

He has an excuse.  He is saying that he has naturaly high testostorn(excuse the spelling).

If that were true, then his testosterone levels would always test higher than normal, which obviously wasn't the case.

I was watching TV and he tested negitive in the earlier stages and they were saying that it takes weeks for this drug to take affect.  I think he is not guilty.  If a drug takes atleast a week to actually make a difference how could he be guilty.

Fair enough. But who is "they".

Probably a spokesperson for the Phonak Cycling team. :lol:

But here's a question for you or anybody who believes this.

Watch this...

WHY IS THE DRUG IN HIM TO BEGIN WITH?????...REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT WON'T TAKE EFFECT FOR WEEKS!!!

Is he innocent if he juiced up but the drug didn't take effect? :?

Anybody here can reserve the right to think he's innocent...heck, maybe his samples were tampered with. But then my question is...why sabotage a guy who isn't even winning the race??? And if his team's trainers did it unbeknownst to him, what was their motive to risk his career when it would likely effect theirs too. My gut instinct tells me Landis knew EXACTLY what he was going on.

He's a cheater plain and simple. No excuses.

It was TSN/The Score/Sportsnet who said it(not really sure it was like 2AM).

I believe they said that it wouldn't have even showed up if he used it on the last section of the race.

Technically the first test didn't say weither he used the drug or not. It said that he had "unusually high testosterone levels".

no surprise to me...

What does surprise me is the reaction of a lot of other cyclists...

They say: "We're already guilty before there's any proof"

I'm would say; Isn't that your own fault???

no surprise to me...  

I'm not going to judge him until the back up sample comes back.

Anyone know how long it is going to take for them to test it?(I wouldn't think very long)

no surprise to me...  

I'm not going to judge him until the back up sample comes back.

Anyone know how long it is going to take for them to test it?(I wouldn't think very long)

If this was the first time a cyclist was tested positive I would've given him the benefit of the doubt...

Unfortunatly the peloton is full of cheaters and liars.

I think it takes about 7-12 days before the results of the 2nd test.

my brother is an avid cyclist and according to him, plain 'ol MLB anabolic steriods don't do much for a cyclist since the goal is endurance, not bulking up...

EPO is the main blood-doping method is cycling....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_doping

well, if you have to climb 5 mountains you need more than endurance.

besides, and everybody in the cycling circuit knows, it's forbidden to take any kind of drug unless it's subscript by a doctor.

EPO is old news... I think only 10-15% of the cyclist who get caught fail the EPO test.

But I also think 70% of the peloton uses some kind of drug.

Its amazing he still thinks he innocent. It's laughable at how out of touch with reality he has conveniently chosen to be. I think he's trying to drain every last ounce of comfort out of that lie as he possible can.

I love when they get caught. Its like when your house gets broken into, and you just wish you coulda been there when the punk crackheads were trying to get in. I always wanted to catch them in the act. Watching guys like Palmeiro and Landis get taken down is just great.

Your next Barry! :D