The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

Proline

As long as the mods don't have any issues with it, I will take a look at some of the football games this weekend and post some of the games that I like this weekend.

We've been discussing it since this thread was posted. Sorry it's taken so long. There are a couple things to sort out. In the meantime please hold off on posting here and one of us will get back to you shortly. Thanks.

We've been discussing it since this thread was posted.  Sorry it's taken so long.  There are a couple things to sort out.  In the meantime please hold off on posting here and one of us will get back to you shortly. Thanks.

Right on thanks! 8)

Just wondering if we would be breaking message board rules if we discussed Proline picks?

Go ahead and discuss Proline picks. A couple stipulations however:

-do not provide any links to any gambling or gaming websites.

-do not provide/share "insider" information on teams and picks. ie. "I ran into player X and he said the team has the flu, hates the coach and is ready to pack in the rest of the season..."

-please refrain from making bets with other board members on this thread.

-other message board rules apply of course

Thanks for the patience.

OK, so here is what I am thinking about playing this weekend....

Let me know what you think....

Saints over Packers (2.15) - The Packers are just horrible

Patriots TIE Jets (3.80) - Who is Brady going to throw to???

Jags over Steelers (2.75) - Monday night football in Jacksonville, unless Big Ben is playing, I am leaning towards the Jags

Ravens over Raiders - (1.25) Raiders could be the only team worse then the Packers

Bengels over Browns - (1.25) CIN will go 2-0

* Cardinals over Seahawks or TIE - (4.00 or 4.25 for TIE) - This one interests me. SEA is a difficult place to play, but the Hawks only put up 9 pts vs the Lions. I think the Cardinals are better then people give them credit for, I think this one will be close, or maybe the Cardinals pull off an upset. I probably going to take the Tie, and that's a huge number for the tie.

These games on a $25 ticket is about a $4000 payout.

I would also look at Washington over Dallas i think WSH is 3.8. Seattle vs Arizona interests me as well Seattle is my team but i think they might get cocky remembering the Cardinals of old. KC is a 5.3 over denver if trent green was there i would say no way KC loses two in a row at home to start the season but i am not so sure now. Carolina is a 2.15 as well i would take a look at this game.

I would also look at Washington over Dallas i think WSH is 3.8. Seattle vs Arizona interests me as well Seattle is my team but i think they might get cocky remembering the Cardinals of old. KC is a 5.3 over denver if trent green was there i would say no way KC loses two in a row at home to start the season but i am not so sure now. Carolina is a 2.15 as well i would take a look at this game.

KC is in DEN this weekend. WSH is in DAL, I think both DEN and DAL win. I may take DEN and DAL instead of BAL and CIN just because of the larger numbers... lol

KC is in DEN this weekend. WSH is in DAL, I think both DEN and DAL win. I may take DEN and DAL instead of BAL and CIN just because of the larger numbers... lol

right well that changes things Denver is a sure thing then.

so I ended up playing a couple tickets, and I just wanted to know what you all thought about this one?

ARZ TIE SEA

NE TIE NYJ

TEN TIE SD

NYG TIE PHI

NWO WIN over GB

JKV WIN over PIT

so I ended up playing a couple tickets, and I just wanted to know what you all thought about this one?

ARZ TIE SEA

NE TIE NYJ

TEN TIE SD

NYG TIE PHI

NWO WIN over GB

JKV WIN over PIT

oh, by the way, the winnings on this ticket is $50 000!!! :D ($25 ticket)

what does the spread have to be for the ties?

within 3 points. (ie SEA tied DET last weekend with th 9-6 performance)

for $50 000

ARZ TIE SEA

NE TIE NYJ

TEN TIE SD

NYG TIE PHI (NYG TIE PHI 24-24 @ end of regulation)

NWO WIN over GB (NWO WINS 34-27)

JKV WIN over PIT

2 down 4 to go.... the afternoon games aren't looking so good in my favor, but it is only the first quarter.

When do the lines come out for week 3

I think they are usually out WEDS or THURS.

I ended up winning on my "safe" ticket this past weekend so I got my money back at least....

anyone else do well?

Nope Denver and Carolina both screwed me over. Whats the deal with Carolina and Minni i thought Carolina was suposed to be a contender this year and Minni should be terrible wtf.

Nope Denver and Carolina both screwed me over. Whats the deal with Carolina and Minni i thought Carolina was suposed to be a contender this year and Minni should be terrible wtf.

I agree, what the heck is going on in DEN!! MIA is another team that stinks! When Smith returns to the lineup in CAR, they will be better, and I expect them to turn things around. They ARE a good team.

What's going on with Denver is that Plummer stinks. He was my backup QB in a Yahoo league, dropped him for Pennington. Look to see Cutler replace Plummer soon.

Hopefully Culpepper will gel with his teammates in Miami soon, give him another week or so...

I havent seen any of the lines yet be i think that some good games to look at this week would be Arz to win Cin. to win and look for the Jacksonville upset over the Colts. i think those three games should have some decent lines.

I havent seen any of the lines yet be i think that some good games to look at this week would be Arz to win Cin. to win and look for the Jacksonville upset over the Colts. i think those three games should have some decent lines.

I think ARZ will be something like a 1.40.

CIN @ PIT will be interesting... I think CIN is too good, even if Big Ben finds his groove.

JKV vs IND will be interesting... The Jags are a stong contender, and I think the oddsmakers tend to favor the Colts, could be a high number, the tie would be even higher.

NYG vs SEA will be interesting... SEA being one of my favorite teams in the NFL, I hate to pick against them, but that was a very impressive comeback by Eli. Has potential to be another big number, might have to look at the tie in this one.

MIA vs TEN will be interesting because they both stink... hard to pick one here, who will stink more? Probably go with the Dolphins to win, but I will most likely stay away from this game

CHI @ MIN - CHI looks unstoppable, if this is a decent number, might have to play this game, but it will likely be a 1.35 or something.

ATL @ NWO - both team 2-0, on monday night football in NWO... could the saints win, or maybe a tie? Both should be big numbers.

Philly @ SF- Is it possible that SF isn't as bad as people think? The oddsmakers will give them a 4.5 or something, worth the gamble? The Eagles fell apart late vs the Giants, and showed weakness with the pressure on.

CAR @ TB - TB is terrible, CAR is playing terrible. One would think that CAR will turn it around, my guess is now. I am curious to see the number on this one.

I hit a 5 team winning ticket today in baseball. San Fran, Sea, Tor, Philly, and Florida. I unfortunetly only bet 5 bucks, but still get a solid $76.

way to go!!! I tend to stay away from betting on baseball. The payouts generally suck and no ties...

Week 3

safe ticket (should at least win money back)

ARZ- 1.70

NE - 1.55

BAL - 1.55

CAR - 1.80

ticket 2 (take some long shots)

CIN over PIT 2.75

JKV tie IND 3.90

NYJ over BUF 3.45

TEN tie MIA 4.80

NYG tie SEA 3.40

NWO over ATL 3.05

$46 000 payout on a $25 ticket.