The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

MLB playoffs

So freaking happy that the Yankees are out. Thank you, Tigers!

I picked St. Lou for the WS. I'm hoping it goes to a National League team. Their pitching is a little sketch, but I think they will pull it off.

The Yankees are out?!?! That's freakin' awesome! I probably hate them almost as much as I hate the Canucks and I don't even like baseball.

I'd like to see the Mets win the World Series.

well apperently i cant change the poll... but the Mets won last night to sweep the dodgers...

tonight the St. Louis Cardinals host the San Diego Padres in game 4 of the NLDS... the Cards lead 2-1

on the mound tonight are 2 former blue jays in Chris Carpenter and Woody WIlliams

i'm picking the Cards and Puljos and Carpenter will be too much for the weak hitting Cardinals

well apperently i cant change the poll... but the Mets won last night to sweep the dodgers...

tonight the St. Louis Cardinals host the San Diego Padres in game 4 of the NLDS... the Cards lead 2-1

on the mound tonight are 2 former blue jays in Chris Carpenter and Woody WIlliams

i'm picking the Cards and Puljos and Carpenter will be too much for the weak hitting Cardinals

Cards are playing the cards? ;)

Cards are playing the cards? ;)

Ya, in batting practise.

Fixed

Fixed

thank you it's greatly appreciated...

and so i screwed up when i said the cards played the cards... as you all know it wasnt a spring training intersquad game and the Padres were playing :P

but the Cards won and the championship series' are set

the ALCS begins tuesday while the NLCS starts wednesday

i'll post the full schedules for the for both of the league championship series when they become public

anybody but the tigers and im good!!!!

What do you got against the Tigers?

well i live in windsor, which i'm sure u might know is right across the river from detroit, so naturally i hate all detroit teams lol. but the thing about the tigers that is buggin me is that none of their fans are true, and i know its pretty much the same with most teams but i mean, a few of my friends are reallll tiger fans all the way, but all these ppl that r all o ya im a tigers fan are all bandwagoners, if they were all true fans where the $$%# were they when they only won 43 games 2 years ago, its kinda like 2004 with the flames, ive been a flames fan my whole life and proud of it never hiding it from anybody, but in '04 there was flags poppin up everywhere and i was like well where the &*^% were you when we went playoffless for however long it was, it just bugs me that ppl say they r fans when really they care when they win. and i hate detroit but i believe i mentioned that above.

I predict Oaklan will beat Detroit. Detroit does not have the pitching that Oakland has. Oakland has one of the best pitching staff/system in all of baseball. It could be a long series for Detroit.

I predict Oaklan will beat Detroit. Detroit does not have the pitching that Oakland has. Oakland has one of the best pitching staff/system in all of baseball. It could be a long series for Detroit.

Guess your not off to a good start with that prediction, Detroits pitching has unfortunately been stellar. Now up 2-0 going back to Detroit, it's goning to be short series for Detroit at this rate lol,

i didnt feel like watching baseball after Lidle's accident... i am disappointed MLB didnt postpone the games for the day... many of the guys in the playoffs were freinds/teammates of Lidle... and its not fair to your player to make them compete at such a high level when something like this happens

mother nature did her best to give some of Lidle's former teammates the day off in New York... Woodward and Delgado both played with Lidle in Toronto and from what I understand Woodward and Lidle very very good friends....

but it is another day and its time to play...

the Mets take game 1 tonight 7-2... Puljos will be walked in nearly every at bat

Playoff player spotlight... my first and only since he is my favorite player EVER :lol:

Carlos Delgado #21 - New York Mets (1B)

the man who waited 1711 regular season games, 2 position changes and 3 different uniforms is finally in the post-season. Delgado is making the most of his appearance hitting .455 with 3 home runs and 6 RBIs in 5 games. The career .282 hitter just wants to enjoy the experience and work as hard as he can. He will long be remembered by Blue Jays fans as one of the greatest players in their franchise history. His motivation for making the postseason worth while? Being inthe jays organization in 2002-2003 and hearing the stories of lifelong dreams fullfilled by teammates; and missing out by only playing in 2 games in the 2003 season.

Detroit is one win away from clinching a World Series spot. They are the Cinderella and surprised team for the post season. Detroit should win today as Oakland is struggling at everything. Frank Thomas doesn't even have a hit in the ALCS yet.

Tigers are going to the World Series!

Ordonez walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th inning gave the Tigers the win. The final score was 6-3 for the Tigers.

Tigers are going to the World Series!

Ordonez  walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th inning gave the Tigers the win. The final score was 6-3 for the Tigers.

we know already Lunatik, Roadrunner beat you to it.