The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

MLB playoffs

How a team that finished 5 games over .500 and 4 games worse than the jays can win the world series is beyond me.

Thats exactly what I was thinking...imagine if the Jays were in the NL 8)

How a team that finished 5 games over .500 and 4 games worse than the jays can win the world series is beyond me.
its easy... the saem way the jays lost... pitching

they showed up when it mattered most, in the playoffs and most importantly in the world series. The tigers made the errors that the cards did not. I hear a lot of the cards didnt win the tigers lost, i think that that is making excuses, the tigers simply didnt have the experience necessary, a lot fo mistakes that could have been easily prevented (all the pitcher errors were because the pitcher did not move his feet as he threw) yea the series may have had a different outcome if it werent for all those dumb errors, but the difference is the tigers made errors that cost them, the cards didnt, (well not as many) neways im glad the tigers lost, now all those bandwagon tigers fans can get outta town!!

Congratulations to the Cards! I watched the whole series....what was Detroit doing out there? did they forget how to play baseball or something? They're defense was brutal, the batting was pretty much dead..Pitching was average. I dont know how they got to the World Series. The Cards had a great series though...good to see them and Carpenter win.

Congratulations to the Cards! I watched the whole series....what was Detroit doing out there? did they forget how to play baseball or something? They're defense was brutal, the batting was pretty much dead..Pitching was average. I dont know how they got to the World Series..

man, they played so poorly after playing so well in the rest of the playoffs. They have got to fell like they could've won this if they had played to their potential. Congrats to the Cards though.

Congratz to the cards!! :mrgreen: last night was the only game that i watched from the first inning up to the 9th... it's because people around me are cheering for them ;)

I think having that week off really hurt the Tigers and it showed in their performance. It's much better to be playing everyday to stay in the routine/rythm. Maybe next time the Tigers will try and make the other series take longer to win :wink:

I think having that week off really hurt the Tigers and it showed in their performance. It's much better to be playing everyday to stay in the routine/rythm. Maybe next time the Tigers will try and make the other series take longer to win  :wink:

The White Sox did pretty well last year following a long rest.

it's funny that no one has mentioned the most probable reason for the Tigers imploding...

experience...

other than Pudge how many Tigers had seen world series action???

how many Cardinals had seen world series play before? a large part of the team because they were there 2 years ago... and after being swept in 2004... you can bet they had revenge on their minds

it's funny that no one has mentioned the most probable reason for the Tigers imploding...  

experience...  

other than Pudge how many Tigers had seen world series action???

how many Cardinals had seen world series play before? a large part of the team because they were there 2 years ago... and after being swept in 2004... you can bet they had revenge on their minds

I briefly mentioned it lol, but you are right, the tigers simply didn't have the experience the Cards did, and so they made the errors that the Cards didn't.

well lack of experience may have been the reason the Tigers lost the World Series but that doesn't make it any less annoying that the Cards won. as an Astros fan, I just can't take it. sorry...had to vent about it.