The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Concacaf Final womens(soccer)

It wasn't a penalty, especially at the point of the game and the position it was on the pitch. That said, the quality of soccer displayed in that match was very disapointing. I've seen them play much better, but maybe the USA just had a good game plan. Can't say i follow womens soccer too closely either, so maybe it was just the few games i had seen that they played better.

during the concacaf final it was the united states and canada playing each other. The game was tied 1-1 and had to go into 2 15 minute ovetime periods. the very last second in the 2 ot usa get a penelty kick that wins the game. They got the penelty kick because canadas defender was just standing in the box protecting the ball so the goaling can pick it up and play it but the usa play ran into her and fell(which to people that dont know the rules in soccer it is not a penelty at all). Anywasy USA scores on the penelty kick and wins which is very depressing because canada was in it during the whole game and which if they would of won that game would of gotten first seed for the world cup. If any body saw that just wanted to know what you thought about it.

I did not see this nor did I know it was going on, but what happened in the last part of the game just sounds rotten. I hope they get their revenge.