The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flambeau

UEFA Champions League

That Free Kick was spectacular. That was the kind of strike you dream about making. Then the PK save, what a game!

My fav team (MCFC) isn't in it obviously, so i've decided to cheer for Sporting, because i like the way they play, with strong passing to the outsides and a good break in. I also love the City, wouldn't mind living there when I finish school. (they are out though more/less)

My pick to win is Valencia CF, who i will be cheering for when Sporting is officially out.

Haven't really followed Celtic since The King Of Kings left, but my buddy is a huge fan. Still remember the goal he scored against Celtic while playing for Barcelona, it looked very bittersweet for him. Good to see them playing good, my former boss is a Rangers fan, so he is probably pissed.

Haven't really followed Celtic since The King Of Kings left, but my buddy is a huge fan.  Still remember the goal he scored against Celtic while playing for Barcelona, it looked very bittersweet for him.  Good to see them playing good, my former boss is a Rangers fan, so he is probably pissed.

Oh Henke...

He's on loan now to Man U until the start of the Swedish season...kills me really.

And now Celtic has to play one of the group winners in the round of 16 after ANOTHER abysmal road performance. So disappointing. FC Copenhagen. Really.

Haven't really followed Celtic since The King Of Kings left, but my buddy is a huge fan.  Still remember the goal he scored against Celtic while playing for Barcelona, it looked very bittersweet for him.  Good to see them playing good, my former boss is a Rangers fan, so he is probably pissed.

Oh Henke...

He's on loan now to Man U until the start of the Swedish season...kills me really.

And now Celtic has to play one of the group winners in the round of 16 after ANOTHER abysmal road performance. So disappointing. FC Copenhagen. Really.

Yeah, I just found out, kinda sucks though, if Man U makes it to the final he will already be back with Helsingborgs IF. I guess its alright though, never been a Man U fan.

That Free Kick was spectacular. That was the kind of strike you dream about making. Then the PK save, what a game!

My fav team (MCFC) isn't in it obviously, so i've decided to cheer for  Sporting, because i like the way they play, with strong passing to the outsides and a good break in. I also love the City, wouldn't mind living there when I finish school. (they are out though more/less)

My pick to win is Valencia CF, who i will be cheering for when Sporting is officially out.

Yay!! Man City are ace, and I am a season ticket holder over here in Sunny old England!! My tip to win the champs league has to be Man United :( they are amazing at the moment and ripping up the premier league

Okay, draw for the round of 16 happens tomorrow...

All the Celtic fans are givin' the ol' ABL chant...

ANYONE BUT LYON!

I'd love to see Celtic-Arsenal in the next round, I think it's a matchup that'll suit the Bhoys just fine.

The Champs League draw:

Porto v Chelsea

Celtic v AC Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Arsenal

Lille v Man United

Roma v Lyon

Barcelona v Liverpool

Real Madrid v Bayern Munich

Inter Milan v Valencia

Teams in bold are who I think will go through

Not sure about the games between Inter and Valencia and Real and Bayern though!!!

Figured since the transfer window is over, and we're closing in on the playoff round (starting in just 3 weeks...oh my), it was time for a bump.

Not really any big transfers...Favourites Olympique Lyonnais got Milan Baros from Aston Villa in a trade of sorts, it saw John Carew go the other way...Ronaldo going to AC Milan is insignificant, he's Cup-tied and won't be available against Celtic...much like Celtic's newest signing Paul Hartley, who is also Cup-tied from his qualifying campaign with Hearts. Shevvy stayed at Stamford Bridge, Robbie Keane stayed at Tottenham, and most of the wheeling and dealing was done by mid-table English teams with no hope in hell of European football and way too much free money on their hands.

Also, Bayern Munich fired head coach Felix Magath...intersting move only 3 weeks away from their date against Real Madrid in the Round of 16.

Anyways, I'm starting to get really excited again.

Hi all!

Im another English flames fan and its good to see some Champions League talk in amongst all the hockey! My team Blackburn Rovers aren't in the Champions League but are in the second European Competiton the UEFA Cup (to compare the UEFA Cup is like the AHL if the Champions League is the NHL). We have a second leg match at home against Leverkusen of Germany and have to overturn a 3-2 first leg deficit in the round of 32.

My tip for the Champions League has been Lyon all season, I took them at odds of 20-1 each way at the beginning of the season, keeping that betting slip in a safe place!

Oh my, some shockers all around!

Inter, Lyon and Barcelona all out in the first round?!?!?!?

This competition is wide open.

For those of you who haven't been following, Liverpool, AS Roma, Valencia and Chelsea are all through to the next round.

My Celtic Bhoys are in tough against AC Milan at the San Siro tomorrow, but win or lose, I'm drinking the Guinness booze, haha.

OMFG THE ACE!!!!!

IM ALSO AC MILAN FAN

so rare to find.

yeah Kaka is amazing this season in the CL, not so much in Serie A though.

OMFG THE ACE!!!!!

IM ALSO AC MILAN FAN

so rare to find.

yeah Kaka is amazing this season in the CL, not so much in Serie A though.

A girl I worked with is a fan of them too..

. Kaka is a great player and even though is he out of his prime I was happy to see Ronaldo come over. Along with Dida and Cafu its like team Brazil out there.

I thought they'd struggle a bit losing Shevchenko, but they've done alright.

Ok, so I hate Man U, but 7 - 1. Holy #$*&! that is true DOMINATION. When I first saw the score, I thought it was a mistake. Wow, just WOW.

Hope that Bayern beats Milan.

Milan is a good away-team -okay, but I think Bayern is doing well tonight. A tie is enough to get to the next round.

In the German league they're not good at the moment, but in the CL... Take van Buyten for example, in the regular season he isn't doing a good job and in the last game against Milan he scored - 2 goals.

I can't believe it - you can see the game in Germany just in pay-tv :angry:

Please excuse my English :wacko:

Hope that Bayern beats Milan.

Milan is a good away-team -okay, but I think Bayern is doing well tonight. A tie is enough to get to the next round.

In the German league they're not good at the moment, but in the CL... Take van Buyten for example, in the regular season he isn't doing a good job and in the last game against Milan he scored - 2 goals.

I can't believe it - you can see the game in Germany just in pay-tv :angry:

Please excuse my English :wacko:

I hope thats Bayern goes to the next Round!

With the Fans in his back,Bayern will Win!

@Pay-Tv:

I have it and i can see it. B)

I don't like Pay-TV, but I'll see the game, too... I HAVE to see it. It's gonna be great!! ;)

The Allianz-Arena is so cool, I should go there sometime to see a game.

GO BAYERN GO!!

All I can say is... LOL at Roma getting their checking from behind kicked by Man U.... too bad the "prince or Rome" was totally useless... bahahahaha

3 English teams in the semifinals...for all of those naysayers who scoff at the fact that the EPL is the best league in the world...well, proof's in the pudding. It's where the money is right now, and consequently, the champions will be English once again.

Can Man U. pull off another treble?

God how i hate Man U, but they are really playing well. Ronaldo may be the biggest @&$! in the world, but wow, just wow. His skills are sick.

The game was great!! And honestly: I didn't miss Bayern Munich in this game. ManU - Milan was a really good game.

Chelsea will have a hard game tonight, without: Essien, Carvalho, Ballack and Robben.