The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

The Saints Are Coming!

yeah so heart warming.. awww I think i feel a tear coming on...

nope dried up... go Falcons :P

ps: official team of the flames should be the falcons.. since atlanta used to be the flames :D

ps: official team of the flames should be the falcons.. since atlanta used to be the flames :D

"And Vick drops back to pass... he's looking right, now he scrambles out of the pocket... Vick, FIRES DOWNFIELD, WIDE OPEN MICHAEL JENKINS!!! and he dropped it. Nobody within twenty yards of him and he dropped it" The Falcons are a shade above the Bucs in the NFC south. Their recievers need to hang onto the ball and Mike Vick needs to actually be a leader. At least the Rams fan can say his recievers aren't scared of the ball.

"And Vick drops back to pass... he's looking right, now he scrambles out of the pocket... Vick, FIRES DOWNFIELD, WIDE OPEN MICHAEL JENKINS!!! and he dropped it. Nobody within twenty yards of him and he dropped it" The Falcons are a shade above the Bucs in the NFC south. Their recievers need to hang onto the ball and Mike Vick needs to actually be a leader. At least the Rams fan can say his recievers aren't scared of the ball.

For us Rams fans, Receivers are about the only thing we have to be really proud of, as well as the future of Steven Jackson.

I am just glad this board isnt full of Seahwaks fans like the Canucks board, ever time I try to talk football, I get go Seahawks this, Yeah Hassleback that. Its annoying. Is there an NFL team in Calgary that seems to be a majority favorite?

For us Rams fans, Receivers are about the only thing we have to be really proud of, as well as the future of Steven Jackson.

I am just glad this board isnt full of Seahwaks fans like the Canucks board, ever time I try to talk football, I get go Seahawks this, Yeah Hassleback that. Its annoying. Is there an NFL team in Calgary that seems to be a majority favorite?

I would agree with your comments about receivers (I would take Torry Holt over almost any WR in the NFL not named Steve Smith or Ocho Cinco) and in your absolutely brutal division, I would've thought that you still had a shot. But then you lost to Arizona, and if you lose to the Cards, I think it's a rule that you're not allowed to make the playoffs.

I would agree with your comments about receivers (I would take Torry Holt over almost any WR in the NFL not named Steve Smith or Ocho Cinco) and in your absolutely brutal division, I would've thought that you still had a shot. But then you lost to Arizona, and if you lose to the Cards, I think it's a rule that you're not allowed to make the playoffs.

I have had my heart broken way too many times this season..... losing to Arizona, San Fran, and Seattle twice!!!

they are 2-4 against a division with San Fransisco and F-ing Arizona!!!

At least Torry Holt kicks Gary Bettman, Isaac Bruce is still producing, Kevin Curtis is a well kept secret, and Steven Jackson has a future. Just need a QB that can really control the tempo of a game and take control when he has to.

HAHAHA! 28-17 New Orleans midway through the third quarter. Reggie Bush made the 'Boys look silly on that last TD. Maybe Romo isn't the second coming of Joe Montana after all. Check back after the game for the latest.

Yeah the Saits are really taking it to the Cowboys. It looks like Dallas has just thrown in the towel. How it the world did the Texans pass up on Reggie Bush!!!!!????

Yeah the Saits are really taking it to the Cowboys.  It looks like Dallas has just thrown in the towel.  How it the world did the Texans pass up on Reggie Bush!!!!!????

And Vince Young. And Matt Leinart. And Lawrence Maroney. And just about everyone to pick Mario Williams. LMAO at the Texans. Just implode the stadium already.

And Vince Young. And Matt Leinart. And Lawrence Maroney. And just about everyone to pick Mario Williams. LMAO at the Texans. Just implode the stadium already.

That was undoubtedly THE choke of the century.

In other news, the Boys got spanked by the Saints. Romo had a horrible game and the Saints continue to amaze. I looked like the Boys had their D worked out to stop the Saints (1st drive evidence), so the Saints went to some guys who the Boys never saw coming, which made the Boys compensate, which opened things up for everyone else. Also, Brees looked great on top of everything else, spelling disaster for the Boys.

In other news, the Boys got spanked by the Saints. Romo had a horrible game and the Saints continue to amaze. I looked like the Boys had their D worked out to stop the Saints (1st drive evidence), so the Saints went to some guys who the Boys never saw coming, which made the Boys compensate, which opened things up for everyone else. Also, Brees looked great on top of everything else, spelling disaster for the Boys.

He is a defensive lineman for Gods sake. 4.5 sacks is a decent number for a defensive end who happens to be a rookie. I'm sure the Texans didn't draft Mario to save the franchise this season, but to build the defense for seasons to come. DeMeco Ryans and Mario Williams are two good rookies on defense and the Texans have them. Not to mention Dunta Robinson.

Should the Texans have drafted Reggie Bush? Maybe. But behind that line not much is going to happen and we'd all be saying that Reggie was a bust. Or Vince Young...David Carr is a very capable QB in the league. His o-line is just garbage.

Anywho, enough of that tirade...I'm glad that the Saints are doing so well since they have my favorite QB playing for them. I also like Deuce and Reggie as well. Sean Payton is definetly the frontrunner for COTY. Taking a team that had the no. 2 draft pick a year ago to a team that has a 9-4 record. Just phenominal.

He is a defensive lineman for Gods sake. 4.5 sacks is a decent number for a defensive end who happens to be a rookie. I'm sure the Texans didn't draft Mario to save the franchise this season, but to build the defense for seasons to come. DeMeco Ryans and Mario Williams are two good rookies on defense and the Texans have them. Not to mention Dunta Robinson.

Should the Texans have drafted Reggie Bush? Maybe. But behind that line not much is going to happen and we'd all be saying that Reggie was a bust. Or Vince Young...David Carr is a very capable QB in the league. His o-line is just garbage.

Anywho, enough of that tirade...I'm glad that the Saints are doing so well since they have my favorite QB playing for them. I also like Deuce and Reggie as well. Sean Payton is definetly the frontrunner for COTY. Taking a team that had the no. 2 draft pick a year ago to a team that has a 9-4 record. Just phenominal.

Boy, how does that trade the Giants made for Eli Manning look now? Eli choker Manning, who possesses a linguinie for an arm, about as much leadership as Mike Comrie, and about the consistency of Marcus Crandell without the legs, in exchange for:

1) Pro Bowl Quarterback Philip Rivers

2) Defensive Rookie of the Year/Best LB in the AFC Shawn Merriman

Bet you wish you could have THAT ONE back, eh Giants?

Brees played average AT BEST on Sunday; Reggie Bush ran for 126 and a TD, DEUCE McAllister goes for another 108 and a touchdown. Brees is relatively ineffective through the air, and the Gi-AINTS STILL lose 30-7.

Oh, and let's not forget that Joe Horn didn't play. And starting tight end Mark Campbell was playing hurt. And ALL OF BREES' INCOMPLETIONS WERE DROPS! HE WOULD'VE GONE 30-30 IF HIS WIDE-OUTS HAD HELD ON TO THE )*&(*&Y(%$*#$^(#&^^(#$& BALL!!!

Saints over Eagles in the NFC Championship game; Jon Karney's long field goal with 4 seconds to go wins the Superbowl against the Chargers, thereby erasing the memory of the legendary eight-lateral play against Jacksonville where the Saints scored on the last play to apparently tie it, and Carney MISSED THE EXTRA POINT!

Saints are in trouble IMO. They didn't play all their starters in the final week of the regular season, they get a buy in the first round of the playoffs, which means they will come up against a team that has been playing each week, and obviously winning. 3 weeks off for the starters is too long.

Saints are in trouble IMO.  They didn't play all their starters in the final week of the regular season, they get a buy in the first round of the playoffs, which means they will come up against a team that has been playing each week, and obviously winning.  3 weeks off for the starters is too long.

Everyone rests the starters. They had nothing to play for; imagine if someone had rolled over Brees' knee, or something had happened to Bush or Colston. This isn't the Colts, where everything needs to be perfect, down to the windspeed, the Saints will be fine. Saints and Eagles meet in the dome, last minute drive to tie by Garcia comes up just short. Book it

Saints are in trouble IMO.  They didn't play all their starters in the final week of the regular season, they get a buy in the first round of the playoffs, which means they will come up against a team that has been playing each week, and obviously winning.  3 weeks off for the starters is too long.

Everyone rests the starters. They had nothing to play for; imagine if someone had rolled over Brees' knee, or something had happened to Bush or Colston. This isn't the Colts, where everything needs to be perfect, down to the windspeed, the Saints will be fine. Saints and Eagles meet in the dome, last minute drive to tie by Garcia comes up just short. Book it

Well I sure hope the Saints do well. But I just don't think taking the final week off was a good plan. We will see.