The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cody1774

Official Toronto Raptors Basketball Discussion Thread

They must really be sucking.

Actually they are 4th in the East and 1st in the Atlantic Division. With a win over the Nets the Raps will be 2.5 games ahead of the Nets(I think).

Actually they are 4th in the East and 1st in the Atlantic Division. With a win over the Nets the Raps will be 2.5 games ahead of the Nets(I think).

Yeah 1st in their division and under 500 :roll:

That has to be the worst division in professional sports.

Bargnani looks really good for a rookie (16 points first half, decent season so far)

The raptors have a good looking future with

Bosh - Gabajosa - Bargnani - Jones/Parker - Ford/Calderon

Worst division in sports? I wouldn't say it's THAT bad, but as far as the NBA goes, it is the worst one. BTW, it's called the "Atlantic" division; the nickname for it is the "TITANIC" division.

Worst division in sports? I wouldn't say it's THAT bad, but as far as the NBA goes, it is the worst one. BTW, it's called the "Atlantic" division; the nickname for it is the "TITANIC" division.

When you are leading the division with a 15-19 4 record, then yes the you probably do have the worst division in sports.

Bargnani looks really good for a rookie (16 points first half, decent season so far)

The raptors have a good looking future with

Bosh - Gabajosa - Bargnani - Jones/Parker - Ford/Calderon

I just hope he doesnt pull a Vince Carter on the raptors.

The thing about Bosh, is that he isn't even close to the cockiness of VC...and even if he wanted to be, he's currently at the development stage and probably doesn't want to go anywhere YET.

yeah Bosh doesn't seem to want to go anywhere

he seems to be enjoying toronto, and unlike Vince he has some solid supporting players on the team and the Raptors are actually competitive now

And he's good friends with Ford who's signed for a few more years (both from Texas)

It's good to see Bosh chosen to go to the Allstar game.

Starting lineup too! But Steve Nash wasn't voted a starter aswell :shock:

That's what happens when you let the fans vote the starters

I am really not into Basketball at all, but Raptors have sure been doing well lately. Could this be the year the Raptors win the division, and maybe win a round or two in the playoffs?

I am really not into Basketball at all, but Raptors have sure been doing well lately.  Could this be the year the Raptors win the division, and maybe win a round or two in the playoffs?

I doubt the Raptors will win a round or two...they might be able to win the first round but besides that. They wont be getting far...but who knows.

Raptors have defeated some ELITE teams during the current 5-game win streak (and they are also 8-1 in their last 9); they're beating, or at least coming close to beating some good teams.

Their next 4 are vs the Pistons, Bulls, Nets, and Cavs. If these guys play well, I see them going 3-1 or even 4-0; and if they can go 4-0, and beat these teams, this is pretty much the class of the east. They're 2-0 vs the Wizards...

Anyway, the raps forum is at www.raptorschat.ca ...

Enjoy the Rap-Tour!!