The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Schottenheimer Fired

As a Chiefs fan I always liked Marty and I feel for him, it's not his fault Lin Elliot missed 3 makable FG's in 96 or his fault the refs made questionable calls in 98. In SD Kaeding has twice missed possible FG's, and not his fault his co-ordinater's leave for head jobs. But it's sad to see Marty take the fall again.

As a Chiefs fan I always liked Marty and I feel for him, it's not his fault Lin Elliot missed 3 makable FG's in 96 or his fault the refs made questionable calls in 98.  In SD Kaeding has twice missed possible FG's, and not his fault his co-ordinater's leave for head jobs.  But it's sad to see Marty take the fall again.

It is his fault when he wastes all 3 timeouts in a tie game against NE in the playoffs. Down by a score with 46 seconds...how come we don't have any timeouts left, Coach?

Folks, Martyball doesn't win championships. This could've happened last year too, when his playcalling against KC kept the Chargers out of the playoffs.

San Diego is much better off without Marty. Trust me.

As a Chiefs fan I always liked Marty and I feel for him, it's not his fault Lin Elliot missed 3 makable FG's in 96 or his fault the refs made questionable calls in 98.  In SD Kaeding has twice missed possible FG's, and not his fault his co-ordinater's leave for head jobs.  But it's sad to see Marty take the fall again.

It is his fault when he wastes all 3 timeouts in a tie game against NE in the playoffs. Down by a score with 46 seconds...how come we don't have any timeouts left, Coach?

Folks, Martyball doesn't win championships. This could've happened last year too, when his playcalling against KC kept the Chargers out of the playoffs.

I agree with you, Marty doens't have what it takes to win the big games.

That being said, they should have done this before all there coordinaters left and before a lot of good possibilities have moved around. Now they have to rush together just to get someone in place for the draft.

I agree with you, Marty doens't have what it takes to win the big games.That being said, they should have done this before all there coordinaters left and before a lot of good possibilities have moved around. Now they have to rush together just to get someone in place for the draft.

The same thing was said about Cowher and Dungy. Obviously Marty has been around longer, but to pin all playoff losses on him is absurd.

I agree with you, Marty doens't have what it takes to win the big games.That being said, they should have done this before all there coordinaters left and before a lot of good possibilities have moved around. Now they have to rush together just to get someone in place for the draft.

The same thing was said about Cowher and Dungy. Obviously Marty has been around longer, but to pin all playoff losses on him is absurd.

Yes, but when you have the most talented team in the NFL and have really no holes, but waste all of your timeouts and pretty much hand New England the game, thats a different story. Hes also lost big games with different team. I'm not saying he will never do it, but I think he has been given more than enough cahnces to do it. he botched that New England game, and IMO deserved to be let go. The chargers didn't handle it right htough.

The Chargers hired Norv Turner as their head coach today. He was the offensive coordinator in San Fransisco last season. He was the head coach for the Redskins from 1994-2000 and the Raiders from 2004-05 with a combined record of 58-82-1. Story.

correction. LaDainian Tomlinson led them to a league high 14-2 record.

Schoettenheimer just figured out what he needed to do.

GET THE F***IN BALL TO LT!

correction. LaDainian Tomlinson led them to a league high 14-2 record.

Schoettenheimer just figured out what he needed to do.

GET THE F***IN BALL TO LT!

Partially true. I follow the Chargers and I finally got to see them live last season. That team is stacked and pretty much any decent coach could guide that team to success. L.T., although the most amazing back I've seen play in recent memory, is surrounded by talented players at many positions who also contribute to their winning record. I mean these guys lost Steve Foley last year and their D seemed to get better! Rivers is the real deal at QB too.