The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Thelwell signs with Stamps

great news to hear! there were lots of rumors in the last week that he was going to sign with the Stamps.Welcome to Calgary Ryan!

Too bad, but I am not worried. I really like Thelwell and wish him the best (but not the stamps). You guys got a solid receiver on your hands there. The Lions have some talented young guys coming up that make losing Ryan not such a big deal.

Too bad, but I am not worried. I really like Thelwell and wish him the best (but not the stamps). You guys got a solid receiver on your hands there. The Lions have some talented young guys coming up that make losing Ryan not such a big deal.

I dont know that much about the depth chart for BC. I just know that they had a great d line from the front to the corners/safety.

Geroy Simon is the go to guy.

Stamps have a good roster, second best in the CFL next to BC. Look for a lot of games in the early season to be won and the second half to be 50/50. To early to tell but Hank needs to concentrate on starting the season VERY strong so he has great confidence going into the playoffs like we need.

Stamps have a good roster, second best in the CFL next to BC. Look for a lot of games in the early season to be won and the second half to be 50/50. To early to tell but Hank needs to concentrate on starting the season VERY strong so he has great confidence going into the playoffs like we need.

but knowing hank,he never shows up for the Playoffs :twisted: hopefully this year will be different.

but knowing hank,he never shows up for the Playoffs :twisted: hopefully this year will be different.

If not maybe Akili Smith will take over. :lol:

I dont know that much about the depth chart for BC. I just know that they had a great d line from the front to the corners/safety.

Geroy Simon, Jason Clearmont, and Paris Jackson are all top receivers that can change the momentum at any time with one play. Tonny Simmons, Kendrick Jones, and Gilles Colon are all very talented with potantial to make a difference.

I just noticed that we got Boerigter back in November :o  

stamps almost have tooo  many options :?

There were a lot of rumors right after the season that Copeland was on his way out and that seems likely IMO. The guy hasn't really brougth much to the team otehr than teh touchdown dances which are actaly becoming a detriment. Not to mention every since he came over here, hes influenced Nik Lewis and that seems to have taken Nik away from teh game. Its likely, IMO that they'll drop Copeland, but signing Thellwell also gave them a Canadian starter adn allowed them to make the deal they ddi for that O-lineman.

So do you all think that Copeland will be on the Stamps this year? or not?

Im hoping so. He's a great player and I would like to see him stay with the Stamps.

So do you all think that Copeland will be on the Stamps this year? or not?

Im hoping so. He's a great player and I would like to see him stay with the Stamps.

i hope not. Been a big dissapointment with his contract and has brought a detrimental attitude IMO.

Geroy Simon, Jason Clearmont, and Paris Jackson are all top receivers that can change the momentum at any time with one play. Tonny Simmons, Kendrick Jones, and Gilles Colon are all very talented with potantial to make a difference.

not including their 3 good QB's: Dickenson, Jackson, and Pierce