The Official Site of the Calgary Flames

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freakofnature

Which Sport Besides Hockey Do You Watch Most Often?

My favorite teams

NHL: Calgary Flames

MLB Toronto Blue Jays

CFL Calgary Stampeders

NFL No favorite team..just a casual fan.

NLL: Calgary Roughnecks..even though I dont watch alot of games

NBL: Calgary Vipers

basically..if its a team from Calgary, I'll cheer for them.

My favourite sports on tv are of course the NHL, but its not so often on. <_<

weel, i watch mostley, when theres no NHL on, formula 1 and darts....

Sometimes its sucks, living in europe (Netherlands).... <_<

Watch Religiously

1 Flames Hockey

2 Stampeders Football

3 Steelers Football

4 Olympics Summer and Winter

5 Champions League Soccer when Man U is playing

6 EPL Man U Games

Watch Occasionally

1 Minnesota Twins Baseball

2 Bristol Tennessee Night Race NASCAR

3 Monster Trucks

4 Motor Cross

5 Red Bull Crashed Ice

6 Metal Mulisha Dirt Bike and X Games Dirt Bike Jump and Trick Competitions.

7 Winter X Games

8 NHRA Top Fuel

Never Watch

Baseball Regular Season (Paint Dry)

PGA Golf (Grass Grow)

Nascar (Boring)

Dog Racing

Horse Racing (Unless there is some real interesting horse scheduled to place high in the Kentucky Derby)

Tennis

Curling

F1

Cricket

Basketball (Played it, loved it, can't watch it)

Countless others I don't find Interesting

I watch

Soccer - Go Germany, Arsenal

Cricket - Go India

Tennis - Go Nadal

A bit of basketball though have no specific team that I support

The only other sport I watch is CFL and only if the Stamps are playing. Other than that, if I'm not camping or fishing I'm racing cars or 4X4ing. Life's too short to spend in front of the tube.

I watch the CFL, NFL, NLL, Formula One, Tennis occasionally and the PGA rarely (only the final rounds and usually only for the majors... if Tiger's doing good :P)

lets see Baseball is reallllly boring but i like to see the yanks win =P

i get random channels so i actually do watch CFL games.. Bombers are pretty tight shoulda beat the riders... of course kevin glenn had to get hurt ya know?

NFL. J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets! i dont care i love em.. We pulled a NYM who cares ahahaha

Soccer i play it.. cant watch it

Nascar booooooorrrrrrrrrrrinnnngg

golf is wayyyyy to boring

So besides Hockey, the occasional yankee game and NFL/CFL

After the Flames:

Hitmen and Stamps. The only other teams I go out of my way to see when they are out this way.

Soccer on the tube. Truly is the beautiful game.

Never: baseball (too slow), NBA (just the highlights, if it so happens to be on), NFL (too much hype, soap opera on a field), or poker (not even a sport, just a bunch guys sitting around a table).

SOCCER SOCCER SOCCER!!!!!!

CHELSEA JUST BEAT LIVERPOOL IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINALS WITH AN AGGREGATE 7-5 BUT A 4-4 ALL TIME CLASSIC TIE 2ND LEG WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VANCOUVER (WHERE I LIVE, BUT FLAMES4LIFE!!!!) JUST GOT A MLS FRANCHISE....WHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Anyways I grewup playing BBall, but march madness aside, I dont find the nba to be AS exciting anymore and football is too stop and go for me, fun to play, but not really enough continuous for my tastes

good to see a lot of soccer fans, Im really hoping this is a sport Canada can soon adopt as a national favourite to go beside my other spectator sport fav HOCKEY!!!!

Not really a spectator of any other sport other than hockey. In fact hockey takes up about 80% of what I watch daily on any given day. That includes regular TV, sitcoms, cartoons, news, etc. I used to watch a lot of NFL, NCAA, and NBA basketball (the Dan Marino & Michael Jordan era) when I was a kid in high school, but I really fell out of love with the televised sport because of the attitudes of the athletes. As exciting as they can be to watch - a lot of those guys are complete failures at life off the court. And that goes double for the NFL and its athletes. I feel like I'm watching a future Who's Who of murder/rape suspects. They might as well have their mugshot taken when they lineup on the line of scrimmage before the snap.

That said, I do still watch the occasional football game. The Riders in the CFL and the Dolphins in the NFL are my teams, but I don't follow them near as seriously as I do the Flames. One sport I am trying to watch and follow more is lacrosse. I even wish I could learn enough about it to play, but its hard to find a rec league for lacrosse anywhere in Vancouver...or at least one that I can ease into.

I am active in many sports, particularly basketball, either through organized rec leagues, or just the pick-up outdoor kind.

Soccer, basketball, ultimate frisbee, golf, frisbee-golf, slo-pitch, curling...even dodgeball. :lol:

I'll pretty much play anything.

But I am truly sorry - I just CANNOT watch soccer, golf, curling, or baseball on TV. (ugh, don't get me started on baseball - i hated watching baseball BEFORE the steroid scandal so you can imagine how awesome I think it is now!) They are all legit sports IMO, but too damn slow to watch on TV. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them, but I can't get on the edge of my seat for any of them no matter what's at stake.

As sad as it is, I do occasionally watch Poker on TV, but ONLY because I am trying to pick up a few hints and tips from the pros to help elevate my own game. I don't even consider poker a sport.

English Premier League (Aston Villa), MLB (Blue Jays) & F1 pretty much equally after hockey.

Casual Stamps fan, I watch the LDC & playoff games, but not much besides that.

Baseball, any game that is on really, mostly the Tigers though. GO TIGERS!

Also the occasional football game, no team in particular, and during the NBA season if nothing else is on I'll flip on the Pistons game.

I will watch any sport pretty much if I flip to it, but only schedual to watch Tennis.

Damn but I love my Tennis.

I used to watch The expos all the time, but now i can't really watch except for the odd jays game... I actually like watching soccer a lot because of the similarities between it and hockey.

I used to watch The expos all the time, but now i can't really watch except for the odd jays game... I actually like watching soccer a lot because of the similarities between it and hockey.
Are you on crack?thumbdown.gif